Thread: Graphic issue (walking on water)

Graphic issue (walking on water)

Dear Tech,
    I have been trying to find a solution to my issue for 2 months now but couldn't find any. Some informations about the laptop I am playing on. Dell 5537, core i7, intel 4400+ radeon HD 8850M.
    The game ran normally (as intended) when I do not know for what reason refreshed the amd driver in december. Unfortunately it has been annoying to play the game since I refreshed the driver. I tried the game with 4 different drivers (including the one which was good before), but didn't help. I finally reinstalled windows 7 and installed every driver in the good order, including the GPU drivers. I installed an older version but AO wouldn't accept any of them anymore. I have ground loss graphic bug all the time and usually have some strange light blue coming up half my screen (from the upper part of the screen, sky, etc) I am out of ideas about solving my issue. I hope you can help me with it therefore I could enjoy the game again.
    Here is a picture that shows the bug.
    http://www.kephost.com/images/2016/0...aphicissue.jpg

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Omg it's Jesus!
    (free bump)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Upgrade to windows 10 = problem solved
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Thank you for the suggestion, but I would like to stick to windows 7. It was working with it properly.

Game is too old, integrated software too new.
    Cant fix it.
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Hi Traderspirit

It sounds like your game is running on your integrated graphics card (intel 4400) rather than on the dedicated GPU, as I experienced similar symptoms when running on my laptops Intel 4200 integrated graphics. Now unfortunately I didn't have a dedicated GPU, however as others have pointed out the Win10 update solved my problem.

What I think you need to identify is whether or not your GPU is doing anything while you run AO. I believe this can be achieved using a number of GPU monitoring tools (check your favourite search engine). If it's not being used, there are a number of threads in the tech section that may help you out.

Otherwise I suggest you take a look at Caloss2's video guide

This is a known issue. The integrated graphics are the problem and usually upgrading to windows 10 fixes it. (it worked for 2 AMD switchable graphics laptop users I know...)
    Upgrading to the new engine also usually fixes it, if your laptop can handle it.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

• Right click on the shortcut
    • Run with Graphics Processor
    • Select High Performance Processor
    • In the launcher. click on Settings
    • Under the visual tab, click Change next to the Rendering Device block
    • Select one of the Primary Display Drivers, hit Ok and Ok, and start the game up

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP