Thread: ICC Reward Terminal

ICC Reward Terminal

Swollen Mass of Mutant Flesh
    A revolting clump of mutated flesh. It is repulsive to look at, let alone bring close to your body, but it quickly covers your body with a foul odor that keeps vile denizens of the Abandoned Subway at bay.

I take it this stops you getting aggro from subway mobs similar to the foremans cards?

are "Initiate Teachings of the Immortal One" & "Rites of the High Exarch" the same but for totw and IS?

or are these items extra heals like the holy book of the immortal one but opened up to all profs??
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

They seem to have no "use" function so probably just aggro protection.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. It strikes me as a bit unthought out though. I can see the point in the IS one as any toon can have a chance of getting the required tokens to buy before reaching the content but given the subway one is 1 token and the totw is 3 tokens thats a minimum of four days worth of daily missions to get you through a few hours content... are people supposed to turn off xp just so they can use them? I dont understand the point of these rewards.

Fair enough, the subway item requires one daily reward from the freelancers mission to be able to buy but lets say a character is lvl 10 from doing the missions to get the nanos and armor etc before they exit arete .. Getting the freelancer mission from ICC and then getting the sided agency missions + BS dailies (Not that it runs) or a doja chip to get the third normal mission so they can complete the freelancers... they will outlevel it almost before they get it. If they go hunting for a doja chip.. what is thelikely hood they will come back to rk to at all and without doja chip, and without bs (which doesnt run at that level) how will they even complete the third mission? So that leaves the Subway mission from the freelancers which asks you to Defeat Eumenides?? Lets face it, if you can defeat Eumenides then you dont need the "Swollen Mass of Mutant Flesh" to be ignored by the mobs anyway.

Lets say they do get the mutant flesh for their reward which lasts them for a few hours before its obsolete and never to be used again. After they outlevel subway, they go to totw and then have 3 days to wait (3 daily rewards) before they can get the totw variant?? What is the likely hood these days of them not having outlevelled totw that day.. never mind 3 days later when they can finally buy it?
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

The aggro protection items would be great as reward for the appropriate dungeon's elite daily, rather than as a purchase for ICC tokens

An agg protection item isn't necessary to do neither dailies nor regular leveling in the dungeons, but practical for someone spending a longer amount of time there. I see them as items for twinks, or someone spending an longer amount of time in a dungeon to get specific items for example.

For powerleveling toons who get out of level range in a couple of days, this isn't for you

Quote Originally Posted by eroberoh View Post
    An agg protection item isn't necessary to do neither dailies nor regular leveling in the dungeons, but practical for someone spending a longer amount of time there. I see them as items for twinks, or someone spending an longer amount of time in a dungeon to get specific items for example.

For powerleveling toons who get out of level range in a couple of days, this isn't for you

Let me correct you just a bit. This is not an item for any leveling toons. It is indeed a twink item since there are very few useful items at that level range anyway. It will separate vets from noobs even more at the ranges were it would be useful to have them team togheter.

I'm sure it is obvious by now that there is no new player retention in AO and one of the main causes is the discrepancy between leveling speed and the capacity for a new player to acquire gear. The fact that FC or the "heroic" dev are autistically investing time in creating even more crap to separate the playerbase instead of uniting them can only mean one of 2 things Either the decision making people are mentally retarded or they gave up on AO and are milking the last few molecules of money out of the existing playerbase.

It doesn't take much thinking to conclude which is the most likely option, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Let me correct you just a bit. This is not an item for any leveling toons. It is indeed a twink item since there are very few useful items at that level range anyway. It will separate vets from noobs even more at the ranges were it would be useful to have them team togheter.

I'm sure it is obvious by now that there is no new player retention in AO and one of the main causes is the discrepancy between leveling speed and the capacity for a new player to acquire gear. The fact that FC or the "heroic" dev are autistically investing time in creating even more crap to separate the playerbase instead of uniting them can only mean one of 2 things Either the decision making people are mentally retarded or they gave up on AO and are milking the last few molecules of money out of the existing playerbase.

It doesn't take much thinking to conclude which is the most likely option, does it?
    Lighten up there sunshine lol
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

new creations now have a new mission from Arete, to deliver a package, the reward is one point, (coin, token) so that covers the point needed for the HUD piece for Abandon Subway, before even going to the Subway

But as mentioned, somewhere, there was no notes of the new Mission in Arete, At least I didn't see/read any

Aside from the 9 ID card missions which are connected there's no mention of the other quests in Arete. You're left to discover them on your own. I do think it'd be a good idea for Vaughn Hammond to tell you to go back to the shuttle when giving him the ID card. "WHAT? You mean I gotta go all the way back up there???!"

The subway HUD item is useful. The freelancers subway mission is go kill Eumenides. It works just dandy. I didn't have to spend the time fighting off the slum runner mobs or be concerned about training into other players on the way there. For people who don't have it, it'll be almost like TOTW at the height of the trains era. (I miss zoning in TOTW and seeing Azzy or GOT right there in your face )

Quote Originally Posted by eroberoh View Post

Ok yeah i didnt think about twinks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post

agreed, no it doesnt!

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Aside from the 9 ID card missions which are connected there's no mention of the other quests in Arete. You're left to discover them on your own. I do think it'd be a good idea for Vaughn Hammond to tell you to go back to the shuttle when giving him the ID card. "WHAT? You mean I gotta go all the way back up there???!"

The subway HUD item is useful. The freelancers subway mission is go kill Eumenides. It works just dandy. I didn't have to spend the time fighting off the slum runner mobs or be concerned about training into other players on the way there. For people who don't have it, it'll be almost like TOTW at the height of the trains era. (I miss zoning in TOTW and seeing Azzy or GOT right there in your face )
    So its a success at least. Funcom creates another item that becomes a must have for vets and seperates the noobs and basically confirms what gimpy just said.