Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Daily: 6 hours and only 1 team in org can do it.

AI Daily: 6 hours and only 1 team in org can do it.

The new AI daily takes 6 hours of waiting for city cloaks and only 1 team in the org can do it, remember when city raids were actual raids with lots of aliens and the whole guild having fun together? Why are we so restricted in this way, why can't more people in the org come and join the raid? Why are we only allowed to raid with 6 people when it was designed for so much more? When the normal city AI daily was introduced a few years ago is where the problem started, raids turned into single teams only because that daily is also only allowed to be done in a team not raid interface. Now we have a new alien daily that not only has the same team only problem but it also hogs the city for 6 hours worth to 1 team. I don't understand why Funcom is discouraging people from playing together instead of encouraging it. And 10 hackers instead of 8, hello? Alien raids have 8 hackers, why would you make the daily so you need to do one whole raid just to kill 2 extra hackers, then wait 2 hours for another raid for the 8 other hackers and then the general. It blows my mind things like this get through testing, or through the development process either tbh.

Please change this so it can be done in a raid we need more raids people can do together not less, the normal AI daily from Rome/OA should be allowed in raid too. This could be a great daily concept with 2 small changes, allowed in raid and 8 hackers instead of 10 so it takes 4 hours not 6.

This could be a fun thing orgs can do together, but instead it's going to be a source of drama in the average org for what special 6 players are going to get to do it.

Update: Just did city raid while having normal ai daily from rome also, and if you have both ai quests it only updates the normal old daily not the new daily, so great.
    Last edited by Foob; May 17th, 2016 at 00:27:47.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Remember when PVP used to be about people getting together and actually making some fun out of it?

Now just one guy logs and he's killed everyone before the faction even gets to enjoy some PVP in that venue.

I don't understand why Funcom is discouraging participation in this activity, instead of encouraging it.

It blows my mind that things like this get through testing, or through the development process.

Please change this so all players on the server can enjoy PVP in the old venues that used to be a competitive social scene.

Having this done as a raid could make Org city raids worth doing again.
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Yes I realize that a few extremely butthurt people will turn any post I make into a whine thread, any attention brought to the first post is good attention though.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer

Anyway, look at what Dota is releasing today.

AO releases broken AI missions... Dota releases the sweet new battlepass compendium:

http://www.dota2.com/international/battlepass/

epic.

#Teamplay OR #Multiboxftw ??
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Yeah well not only the problem about the Ri, but as stated above need 3 raids, meaning 4-5 hours waiting that is if the city isnt being used by someone else in the organisation, so 4 hours to get the few first parts updated, So all in all about 5-6 hours for a daily? i guess Funcom just aims at people that have time playing for 8h+ each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    Yes I realize that a few extremely butthurt people will turn any post I make into a whine thread, any attention brought to the first post is good attention though.
    It's way more than a few, and it's not "butthurt" it is called _disgust_ .
    Trying to lessen the remaining population's revulsion at your and other peoples boxing, pathetic.
    Reap as you sow.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

The new AI daily takes 6 hours of waiting for city cloaks and only 1 team in the org can do it, remember when city raids were actual raids with lots of aliens and the whole guild having fun together? Why are we so restricted in this way, why can't more people in the org come and join the raid? Why are we only allowed to raid with 6 people when it was designed for so much more? When the normal city AI daily was introduced a few years ago is where the problem started, raids turned into single teams only because that daily is also only allowed to be done in a team not raid interface. Now we have a new alien daily that not only has the same team only problem but it also hogs the city for 6 hours worth to 1 team. I don't understand why Funcom is discouraging people from playing together instead of encouraging it. And 10 hackers instead of 8, hello? Alien raids have 8 hackers, why would you make the daily so you need to do one whole raid just to kill 2 extra hackers, then wait 2 hours for another raid for the 8 other hackers and then the general. It blows my mind things like this get through testing, or through the development process either tbh.

Please change this so it can be done in a raid we need more raids people can do together not less, the normal AI daily from Rome/OA should be allowed in raid too. This could be a great daily concept with 2 small changes, allowed in raid and 8 hackers instead of 10 so it takes 4 hours not 6.

This could be a fun thing orgs can do together, but instead it's going to be a source of drama in the average org for what special 6 players are going to get to do it.

Update: Just did city raid while having normal ai daily from rome also, and if you have both ai quests it only updates the normal old daily not the new daily, so great.
    I think foob is mad because he can't do the daily with all his 12 toons of his MB. And without his other MB friends to do something "together". All works as intended. Let the quest as it is and stop talking bullish!t.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    I think foob is mad because he can't do the daily with all his 12 toons of his MB. And without his other MB friends to do something "together". All works as intended. Let the quest as it is and stop talking bullish!t.
    I did all my dailies just fine using multiple cities, the post wasn't for me.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer

I did all my dailies just fine using multiple cities
    Off topic, but what's the reward?

Appears to be a random collection of things.
    Some mates had lead bots, others paragon, and a mishmash of things.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzarin View Post
    Off topic, but what's the reward?
    I did it on 5 toons and got 4x viralbots and 1x token/cred items same as you get from the apf gens, other people have been getting apf helmets for the token board. I think i was very lucky with that many viralbots though.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer

Seems quite an oversight to not allow the update to work in Raid when it involves restricting each completion run to 6 people max and org city raid cloaks take ages to reset. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch...

In other news, Vauban Prime releases today. SO hype! (Warframe, the game I'm giving my time and money to these days. Bonus points: Vauban is an engineer-type )

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I agree with Foob's suggestion as well with the opinion we need more raids

8 Hacker
    1 General
    1 Fleet Admiral
    1 Outzone Leader
    1 LE mish
    Techno

That would make the AI daily even with "Dust it Off" and "Civil something". Three raids and one mission in total and roughly 2 hours of fun. So those of us with a fulltime job plus family and all, can finish it easily on one evening.
    That would be player-friendly.

Edith says: And doable in a raid.
    Last edited by Baby; May 17th, 2016 at 18:18:06.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

bump for 8 hackers.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    8 Hacker
    1 General
    1 Fleet Admiral
    1 Outzone Leader
    1 LE mish
    Techno

That would make the AI daily even with "Dust it Off" and "Civil something". Three raids and one mission in total and roughly 2 hours of fun. So those of us with a fulltime job plus family and all, can finish it easily on one evening.
    That would be player-friendly.
    This

wtb 8 hackers and 1 gen+ fleet aswell, not evryone has all those houers free to play. irl work, famely, then maybe some anarchy online before sleep.

So far the alien mission is disappointing.
    - 10 hackers? When in normal city raid spawns only 8 of them. Someone really doesn't know own game.
    - the randomness of reward, within 3 people two got 3cru+bounty item, the third got observant bot. And it took us atleast 4 hours due ai raid requirements.
    I will not do this nonsense again. I can spare my valuable time much better than doing "daily" like this one.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast