Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2016 (Another Year Older)

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    At the Moment i think 500-600 Players are in AO atm Online at Primetime... not more...
    And i'm not satisfied with the new patch... and other People too...

Friends and my Org playing more GTA5 as Anarchy Online
    You could always install a taser into their controllers to teach them a lesson about leaving Anarchy Online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    At the Moment i think 500-600 Players are in AO atm Online at Primetime...
    Please make up more numbers
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

he is right. It seem that there are NONE players, but I remember, just after merge and some time before it, there was a bot colelcting raw data from other bots about players online and it struct me how many players are online even if you don't see anyone. 600 is way to much, but litreally even there is noone in sight, still around 100-120 players are online. At primetime you can get around 400 at 1 given time. Like I said, just after merge - before FC disabled ability to count players in bots, there was - get ready - 2400 players in one single moment - bringing average to 1200 per day, and thats a lot.

Now, I was running 3 accounts in different zones to see how many players (or characters) can see when BS zonoe was empty. I was able to count up to 98 chracters, outcluding pande and raids done there. And bear in mind it was morning EU time where game feels deserted. If we can have 3 active BS ranges with 30-40 people total at prime time, also there are raids and free pvp and lots of leveling, pure number 400-500 is something real. Game is huge, so these numbers doesn't show how many players are here - 500-600 players pre SL was overcrowded in Tir at that time
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Crowded Tir, haven't seen that since way back when you took damage from swimming in the water in Tir. Hands up if you ever died there o/
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

500-600 feels about right. Spread out across RK, LE, SL it's going to seem barren. I am seeing a constant stream of brand new newbies in Arete-- enough to mention it but not enough to make us happy. AO isn't keeping them and that's a problem for the devs & fc to solve. Returnees have been logging in too, can't say if they stay or not. Suspect a mixed bag there.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    /snip: AO isn't keeping them and that's a problem for the devs & fc to solve. Returnees have been logging in too, can't say if they stay or not. Suspect a mixed bag there.
    While I don't wholly disagree with you, I do feel there's more that us players could do in stead of it purely bein gan FC issue. We should put more effort into the low parts of the game (as players) and help populate the lowby areas with folk willing to help and to teach and to just be there for the new folks.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    While I don't wholly disagree with you, I do feel there's more that us players could do in stead of it purely bein gan FC issue. We should put more effort into the low parts of the game (as players) and help populate the lowby areas with folk willing to help and to teach and to just be there for the new folks.
    Attitude in OOC(s) from certain Vets towards anyone who asks a newbie question being the number 1 thing that needs addressing.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I totally agree with you there, Aik I just rolled up a new froob alt (no not a crat...mp) to play as a newbie-- without any help from my alts. No gear, no creds, no nothing. Made good progress up to level 26 and gotta agree with the critics, lack of credits for even shop buyable stuff is holding me up, Don't even have a full set of imps yet.

One thing that would help there is the rewards for missions from the mission terminals. There's a disconnect between the amount of credits and shop prices. You get a couple k at that level 26 range, should be 50k I think.
    Last edited by Literary; Jun 23rd, 2016 at 17:59:11. Reason: finished a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Attitude in OOC(s) from certain Vets towards anyone who asks a newbie question being the number 1 thing that needs addressing.
    Aye, definitely!

Solution for in-game:

Having the above prevents one org spamming newbies to recruit them and then not really giving a crap about them except giving them links or telling them to google it. It wouldn't take much to copy paste and make an in-game org recruiting menu that would pop for newbies while in Arete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Honestly haven't seen anything bad in (Clan) OOC the past 3-4 weeks where I've been online most evenings euro time zone. On the contrary, people are rather helpful with buffs for example and even log alts for others to help out.

But honestly, making guesses at online numbers is probably the least productive thing ever. It's pure speculation and it has absolutely zero impact on your game experience if it's 500, 1000 or 10.000, when all you see is that BS isn't starting.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

You have completed your research on "Apotheosis 10".

Well that went fast
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I have so far done 1 level ;D
    Height of laziness ftw.

Also, the thought of doing 3x 1's for 200s, and 10x 10s for 220s is not that appealing. ;(

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Y'know, now I think on it I haven't actually seen anything like that in OTOOC in a very long time. I'm usually in ICC so I don't know whether I just miss it something but I generally only see positive things. Quite sad to hear there's still *******s willing to spoil it tho.

Either way, we all should make a bit more of an effort to get involved in bringing up the new generation of players when we can.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Percentage Additional Experience Base: 100 points Total: 488 points

XP perked crat, enf, Gnuff's Eternal Rift Crystal who gave me 4-5 xp buffs. Went just super fast

Already paid for a whole year = Screwed?

So what about those of us that just paid for a whole year just before the announced perks? A free month, combat nano can and the whole set of Silencers armor? It doesn't seem fair that we wouldn't these and it's not like I can add a whole year to my account when I'm only roughly 3 weeks into that year. We should get all these perks for supporting the game recently and not be excluded because we jumped the gun by a bit.

"Buy three months of Membership and receive one month extra for free, plus one Combat Nano Can which boosts your XP gain by 50% for four hours and the brand new Silencer's Armor Helmet.
    Buy six months of Membership and receive two months extra for free, plus two Combat Nano Cans, the brand new Silencer's Armor Helmet and the Silencer's Tank Armor.
    Buy twelve months of Membership and receive four months extra for free, plus four Combat Nano Cans and the complete Silencer Armor set. This set includes the Helmet, Tank Armor, Body, Legs, two Arms, Feet, Neck and Gloves!"
    Last edited by Theft; Jun 23rd, 2016 at 21:12:49.

Any stats info on the armor set?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Any stats info on the armor set?
    I hope it some of that sweet +5% XP per piece leveling armor

Quote Originally Posted by Theft View Post
    So what about those of us that just paid for a whole year just before the announced perks? A free month, combat nano can and the whole set of Silencers armor? It doesn't seem fair that we wouldn't these and it's not like I can add a whole year to my account when I'm only roughly 3 weeks into that year. We should get all these perks for supporting the game recently and not be excluded because we jumped the gun by a bit.
    Pretty much every year there is somebody that takes issue with this, every year someone says its a kick in the teeth to the people who have already subbed and every year its pretty much a lost cause.

I have heard in the past how after speaking to accounts or support or someone to do with funcom, they have received some bonuses. Not sure how true that is though.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Wonder of wonders, the patch server worked so now I don't have to rage quit phew!

AO Universe is down atm.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast