Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2016 (Another Year Older)

Hmm it's the latest news post on the main site... http://www.anarchy-online.com/news/1...ry-celebration - which was also sent via email last week.
    May be check on the account page if you have a valid/still-in-use email address there?

The idea of the subscription offer is to add another 12month subscription on top of your running sub if you want the extra benefits.

It's located in the news section under a link called "15th Anniversary Celebration"? Great, that means 2 people that currently doesn't play AO is going to see it.

I can't really believe that the idea of this offer is for people that already have running paid subscriptions to add 12 whole months to that. If that really is the idea, then I kinda feel like FC has lost the plot a bit. But maybe that's just me

Anyway, happy 15'th birthday AO!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    It's located in the news section under a link called "15th Anniversary Celebration"? Great, that means 2 people that currently doesn't play AO is going to see it.

I can't really believe that the idea of this offer is for people that already have running paid subscriptions to add 12 whole months to that. If that really is the idea, then I kinda feel like FC has lost the plot a bit. But maybe that's just me

Can only agree. I've spoken to several people with inactive accounts who have not received any e-mails regarding these offers.

Note: When clicking the "Special Offers and Upgrades" page be sure to select the special offer. The top link on that page is a standard subscription and won't give the bonuses. I realised this too late, but support fixed it for me. Seems weird to place a standard subscription on a "Special Offers and Upgrades" page though
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    He has time to post on Twitter. Mostly about TSW or re-tweeting Conan Exiles stuff.
    Well when even 2 weeks of free play-time isn't enough to bring anyone back to AO, can you really blame him for getting his foot in the door of another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Can only agree. I've spoken to several people with inactive accounts who have not received any e-mails regarding these offers.
    I don't have any active accounts and I got the email for the 15th anniversary on June 21st, 6 days ago. Anecdotal data is exactly that, anecdotal.

I didn't get any emails or notifications of these special offers, but that's probably because they don't want me back.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Well when even 2 weeks of free play-time isn't enough to bring anyone back to AO, can you really blame him for getting his foot in the door of another game.

What do you mean? our org is nearly triple in size, so many people coming around and crawling out of woodwork. Two are thinking of buying yearly sub. Most are amazed at changes... and frankly lost.

If atleast 1 resubs I consider it a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post

Do you even play the game? I've seen alot more people online in EU hours, and even a good deal in non primetime.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I don't have any active accounts and I got the email for the 15th anniversary on June 21st, 6 days ago. Anecdotal data is exactly that, anecdotal.
    Hello Pot, may I introduce you to my friend kettle

Conclusion on basis of my information: E-mails weren't sent to everyone as they should be. Maybe someone from FC should look into that and make sure everyone gets it next time.

Conclusion on the basis of your information: You received an e-mail from FC. Nobody cares since you were supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    Do you even play the game? I've seen alot more people online in EU hours, and even a good deal in non primetime.
    You can see increased activity on GMI also. Buy/sell pattern for the items I follow and make credits off has changed significantly.
    Last edited by Avari; Jun 28th, 2016 at 12:45:26.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

It is more people online now, it's true. I went onto the battlestation with my engineer, for the most part I only ran into soldiers. This is a true statement of people returning to have fun, because they haven't all logged their agents for pew pew
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Hello Pot, may I introduce you to my friend kettle

Conclusion on basis of my information: E-mails weren't sent to everyone as they should be. Maybe someone from FC should look into that and make sure everyone gets it next time.

Conclusion on the basis of your information: You received an e-mail from FC. Nobody cares since you were supposed to.
    Hilarious. The way you said it made it seem like you thought nobody got the emails. How do you know those people didn't just glance over it and ignore it since they (obviously) already knew about the promotions? Or are using the same email address as their account is registered to? There will always be users that fall through the cracks, even with an automated email system, but your "information" of "I've spoken to several people and none of them got emails!" is of marginal usefulness. If you want to help Funcom diagnose their system, cool, have your friends send customer support emails and they can figure out where it went wrong. Posting here with "ya well some people didn't get emails" does literally nothing.

I decided to be constructive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuk3Rarm3I
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    [...]The way you said it made it seem like you thought nobody got the emails. [..] but your "information" of "I've spoken to several people and none of them got emails!" is of marginal usefulness.
    You are quoting me wrong. This is what I said:

I've spoken to several people with inactive accounts who have not received any e-mails regarding these offers.
    Logical conclusion from the above quote: Not everyone receives the e-mails.
    Illogical-Trump-conspiracy-conclusion from the above quote: OMG HE SAYS NO ONE IS GETTING EMAILS.

Grow some reading comprehension before putting words in my mouth and being a dick about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I decided to be constructive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuk3Rarm3I
    Constructive?

Monthly dev threads are for pointless arguments and pissing matches, not being "constructive" d00d.

JK... Keep up the good work cal
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Constructive?

Monthly dev threads are for pointless arguments and pissing matches, not being "constructive" d00d.

JK... Keep up the good work cal
    qft

You are quoting me wrong. This is what I said:

Logical conclusion from the above quote: Not everyone receives the e-mails.
    Illogical-Trump-conspiracy-conclusion from the above quote: OMG HE SAYS NO ONE IS GETTING EMAILS.

Grow some reading comprehension before putting words in my mouth and being a dick about it.
    You quoted this post by Wrang:

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

and said (and I'm quoting you directly, since that's what you want):

Since you said (and again, exact quotes) "Can only agree" to Wrang's ideas that only 2 people not playing AO were alerted to the promotion and that the offer is targeted to current players since not everyone got emails, it seems to me as though you should choose your words more carefully. Unless that's what you actually meant to "only agree" with, in which case you're arguing with me over something we both agree on (namely that you seem to think no one got emails about the promotion).

As for calling other people dicks, I'm pretty sure I'm not the one that correlated the other person with Trump. Nor the one that started calling people dicks. Your move, I guess? This wasn't intended as some kind of jab at you or your friends to begin with, I was merely sharing the fact that yes, some people did, in fact, get the email (probably a lot judging by the amount of people I've seen return to the game during this). I'm sorry that your friends weren't invited, but like I said in my last post, they should either be letting Funcom know directly or trying to find out for themselves why they didn't get the email (if they care, of course. If they didn't want free game time anyways, carry on).

With all the comments about not receiving emails .... Did anyone think that perhaps Funcom does not have your current email address? Did you log in and check?

Separately, Michi ... Could the last level 10 of the new research line be open at level 219 instead of 220?

Emma

Just fyi - I was searching for the mail sent by Funcom (I knew is there somewhere). I'm using the @yahoo address and weird enough I found the mail untouched, but was in the "trash" section of the mail.
    I never reported the mails from Funcom as spam or anything else and for sure I didn't moved it there.

My conclusion is that somehow the yahoo bots put the mails from Funcom in spam category or somehow worse.

(My second guess is that some weirdo is checking my mail and is not changing the pass - which I highly doubt)
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    With all the comments about not receiving emails .... Did anyone think that perhaps Funcom does not have your current email address? Did you log in and check?
    I've checked one account personally that didn't get an email although it's registered correctly on the account page at register.funcom.com. It's a Gmail account and I checked both trash and spam folder.

Searching back through my mails I can see I didn't receive any membership offers for the 2015 anniversary either, but prior to that it looks like I've received mails every anniversary with some kind of offer.

Fortunately, a lot of people did get the mails judging from the increase in activity

So im still trying to figure out why Grenade weapons still only have 1 Special?? Time to upgrade grenade weps so not everyone has the same thing since 07, Thnx,

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast