Thread: Care for AO-Universe?

Care for AO-Universe?

Surprised I didn't find a topic about this. Maybe I didn't look in the right subforum, or maybe this kind of thing is against the rules so I'll keep it subtle. Did AO-Universe guides ever help you? At least, you didn't have to explain the entire high-level encounter to a newbie, right? Copy-paste an AOU link, all done.

I am in no way affiliated with AOU, not even registered there (I think), but do visit their website and pay attention to the yellow ribbon on top. I think we all owe them a bunch of gratitude for all the hard work they've done.

Indeed. Without their guides I would be completely lost. Big thank you to everyone who has at one point helped out!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

This is an amazing AO site. This is still a go-to for all types of information and walk through guides that I use or recommend to others. For all who have contributed, continue to contribute and maintain it... Thank you! <3 I truly appreciate all the hard work and extraordinary wealth of information collected for the AO community.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Glad they put that donation banner up, send them a small bonus the other day.

Yes. Used it many times to remember arcane old things. Or to figure out something that was sometimes not clear.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm just returning to AO after many years of neglecting it. AOU was the first place I went to, just to learn the basics again. It's a great site.

Same here. It went down for almost 2 days and I never realized how much I use it until I couldn't access it. Definitely worth a donation.
    Lord of all Things Dark and Evil.

Namiren

first place I go to figure out how to do something. Thanks to the maintainers/builders.

AOU down again and again and again and again AND AGAIN.

I know it cause I'd use it any and everytime of the day =)

Anything we can do to help ?
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Well, just twice recently, but I understand the frustration when you want to use it

Unfortunately it is out of our hands at the moment. The host is doing a rolling server upgrade over the last few months that has hit a few snags and then had to be delayed. It's been assured this should be completed very shortly so that outages will not continue.

In the (soon to be) 11 years of operation this has been an extremely rare occurrence. Right now it's just bad timing and some unforeseen hiccups for the great host we have, and will be resolved ASAP
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Its a the greatest AO webpage we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    In the (soon to be) 11 years of operation this has been an extremely rare occurrence. Right now it's just bad timing and some unforeseen hiccups for the great host we have, and will be resolved ASAP
    Good to ear Might be a problem with my isp too, but in the end it's not about frustration, more about fear, the fear AOU might be down forever. Ok, it's often very late at night, more early btw, and I remember the day when I thought I had lost Anarchy Arcanum, this old friend I was opening just after I had hit the "play" button, while the AO loggin music was playing. Damn, all this, those chills and memories, will come to an end one day :/

I was crazy tonight, just saying to myself, you did this quest/TS/raid multiple times, most steps you just have to read/look, and still, the 1st step of it (or almost) is clicking this AOU shortcut. And then I wondered, the first time I did this Jobe Scientists quest I had a hook on AOU already, and it was like... OMG they've been on for THAT long !? And nowhere else you'll find what you need !

Thanks for this great job and dedication !
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

It's definitely not going anywhere, I promise
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!