Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - June 2016 (Happy 15th Anniversary!)

Other games are becoming more and more stereotyped/Braindead to play. Like World of warcraft is not even a "craft" game, its more a get what every one else gets by linear play, and then the items get removed by new expansion. No uniqueness. Some other games removes level, items, stats etc. Thats what happens when you try to balance a game to make the basement winners happy.. Ao is a mess? I disagree, AO is huge yes. Turning the game back to 2007 would make it very boring. What is unbalanced and flawed by design could be fixed easily without removing any content. I find pvp allot better now than it was in 2007, i also see allot of people enjoying it. There are still some very broken mechanics that i have put light on, but its so obvious that it can be ignored.

What content does, is to give new stats/items, that 1: makes it eaiser to twink (not a bad thing), 2. Increase AR and deF. Gives pvp a peek to reach and a goal (makes sense). PVM is still great with new content, tough some is easier than before.
    Overall the newconetnet is not a leap inn stats. they are pretty minor taking in to the count how little this things have changed over the years. 10 more Stamina or 10 more All of defence is not going to make any difference. (witch could the the difference from having Alpha symbs instead of Beta) personally i find Jobes more powerfull most of the time. It's the sum of things that counts, and that's where you need a brain comes in.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Just because i don't do hacks and cheats i am disqualified to post on the forum?
    No. If you don't know about exploits, well, it may mean you live in a given area with given people, not caring about anything else, then you're less "qualified" to come post here since you know too few. Bugs, or generic technical problems, there are everywhere for 15 years, so you might aswell think everything "works as intented", but still, you MUST be able to point at least ONE bug, aren't you ?

Is AO enjoyable despite those sploits/bugs ? Sure it is. But it's a forum here, people mainly come to complain, when you're busy enjoying (or just doing) something you don't have time for this. And, indeed, most people here last had an active (paid ins't enough) account years ago.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

10 more Stamina or 10 more All of defence is not going to make any difference. (witch could the the difference from having Alpha symbs instead of Beta) personally i find Jobes more powerfull most of the time. It's the sum of things that counts, and that's where you need a brain comes in.
    You FOOL ! Apotheosis BROKE the game, ANYBODY can do it to full in THREE hours (afk !), gaining stats that absolutely BREAK the game ! Everything is too easy ! AO is dead !11!!!111 Blablahblaaahh !!!! http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...no-high-missis

Well, good way to sort people.

Talking about WoW, the last raid was considered too easy even before it went live ; for people who would never be willing/able to do it even in normal mode, it would give enough material to complain endlessly on forums, thus leaving the feeling they're so pro.

Nothing new, it was the same on UO 25 years ago.

And tons of alts !

Nobody has pointed out a single bug or exploit here that is currently in use by most player. If you don't have a active sub, how the heck can you know that your old hacks work? Sorry i don't do hack or care about cheating to get where i want, i get there without it just fine. Forum is not a place where you just come to whine/troll, its a place to discuss subjects. I Bet you can't even point out 1 active bug/explot currently inn use..

Quote Originally Posted by appolonia View Post
    You FOOL ! Apotheosis BROKE the game, ANYBODY can do it to full in THREE hours (afk !), gaining stats that absolutely BREAK the game ! Everything is too easy ! AO is dead !11!!!111 Blablahblaaahh !!!! http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...no-high-missis

lol you know that you ned AI 30 to get full Apotheosis right? 3 hours? Okey i buy what ever you smoke, so i can get AI xp in inferno "High" missions.

How are stats braking the game? Every one can do it, so its equal for every one.. It's not like research is a new thing in AO.

the problem with ao is fc are clueless, for every idea they implement into the game, out comes more problems, worst are previous GD who using ao as testing ground to check if their ideas are good or bad, working or not, this is due to clueless and incompetent. since 2007 until today, asks yourself how many GD have fc replaced? i have lost count. but i know that their mistakes and bad ideas still remains even after they left their positions as GD at fc. the current ao team, and ao gamers like you and me still have to inherits all these failures made from by past game directors. imagine ppl are taking a sh!t on the same toilet, but noone are flushing, over long time with same trend, how do you think that toilet will looks like? if this trends continues, it will eventually kills ao in a not so far future.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Aug 14th, 2016 at 13:58:23.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

some implementations are clueless true, but some are not., some are for the better...I think that some of the new content is great, but some of them are also bad. Pleas dont't refer to 2007 that is a total different game lol, trust me i was there. I am still having fun
    with AO after 15 years. that does count for something. What funcom should do is to give the AO dev team more resources so that toilet can be flushed. agree?

They're not clueless, they're just unwilling to invest any more money in a game this old and broken. There's only so much they could fix anyway without a total rewrite, and the game was never successful enough to for that to be an option. It has survived for as long as it has because it's still making money and FC is strapped for cash. They're just letting it run it's course until the money stops coming in, at which point, it'll be the end of AO. It really is just that simple.

lol you know that you ned AI 30 to get full Apotheosis right?
    You know this was humour, right ? (the 1!!11!! and blahblaaahh helps) And a way to push you into reading this thread ?

And tons of alts !

What Funcom should really do, is to flush the forum with people who doesn't have an active account. They are not really contributing with positive things.
    Here you go again. You are special and know better and those who disagree with you should not be allowed to. So very nice.

Humans, as a species, are exactly the same they were a decade or 2 ago. If AO was a populated game 15 or 10 years ago and now is deserted it is not because of people in general. Your "theory" that [people have become to lazy to play games] is inane dribble. People are playing games more than ever before. AO has almost no players for some very good reasons. None of which is your juvenile notion that other people suck and only the 31337 you are a part of are teh vortee.

I pointed some of the real problems that affect AO. But you, has a dedicated acolyte, or groupy as they are called now, can see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. AO is perfect, and all the bugs that allowed people to solo content intended for teams or make gazillion of credits in a few hours where all intended features or minor bugs that got fixed immediatly. Rite? Well go on, I'm sure that with your support AO will continue to be the popular game it is now.

PS-Thinking that AO is a game with intellectual depth is by far the most hilarious part of your posts. *thumbs up*.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Here you go again. You are special and know better and those who disagree with you should not be allowed to. So very nice.

Humans, as a species, are exactly the same they were a decade or 2 ago. If AO was a populated game 15 or 10 years ago and now is deserted it is not because of people in general. Your "theory" that [people have become to lazy to play games] is inane dribble. People are playing games more than ever before. AO has almost no players for some very good reasons. None of which is your juvenile notion that other people suck and only the 31337 you are a part of are teh vortee.

I pointed some of the real problems that affect AO. But you, has a dedicated acolyte, or groupy as they are called now, can see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. AO is perfect, and all the bugs that allowed people to solo content intended for teams or make gazillion of credits in a few hours where all intended features or minor bugs that got fixed immediatly. Rite? Well go on, I'm sure that with your support AO will continue to be the popular game it is now.

PS-Thinking that AO is a game with intellectual depth is by far the most hilarious part of your posts. *thumbs up*.
    1. Everybody thinks they know best in the world, but only you know best right?
    2. Your illusional and lack proper reasoning of my post.
    3. None of your arguments are constructive or even relative to what I, or others have said.
    4. People play games more than before? Sorry i am going to take away your banana from your hand. Facts says otherwise https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Games and this https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=mmorpg
    5. "..Make gazillion of credits in a few hours." Ok...

Dramaqueens on the forum have said AO is dead for more than 10 years. Its not like it's a fact, its more a mental illusion..

AO does have a intelligent depth for does who are vigilant.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 14th, 2016 at 19:16:59.

Eazy E:
    "funcom wanna be mmo king, released 4 titles with high ping
    aoc and lego online failed, now they finds a way to get bailed
    players left their games, stating ******* as their nicknames
    some claims fc needs more resources, cuz their company is on collision course
    but this is due to their clueless incompetence, making games like half written sentence
    they promised to re-balance, but time is running out and want a 2nd chance
    fc are clueless, and their demanding are ridicules
    they threats us like milking cow, but im no fool and wont bow"
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Aug 14th, 2016 at 22:00:07.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Nobody has pointed out a single bug or exploit here that is currently in use by most player. If you don't have a active sub, how the heck can you know that your old hacks work? Sorry i don't do hack or care about cheating to get where i want, i get there without it just fine. Forum is not a place where you just come to whine/troll, its a place to discuss subjects. I Bet you can't even point out 1 active bug/explot currently inn use..
    Discussing exploits is actually against the forum rules. You should take a moment and read them.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Discussing exploits is actually against the forum rules. You should take a moment and read them.
    I am pretty sure trolling is also against the rules, + your talking off topic, We where not discussing exploits mr. troller. Now i am going to find a leet to smash.
    Its strange, you haven't posted with your account in a long time,but now trolling in 2 threads where i comment.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 15th, 2016 at 05:49:18.

What Funcom should really do, is to flush the forum with people who doesn't have an active account. They are not really contributing with positive things.
    do you know who has an active account and who doesn't? not everyone that posts negative things has a cancelled account. not everyone that jerks funcom off is paying for their sub. #butthatsnoneofmybusiness
    I am pretty sure trolling is also against the rules
    if you feel someone is trolling you can report the posts and moderators will take appropriate action. if you disagree with their actions you can escalate the issue to a higher mod. both sancus and anarrina are quick to deal with trolling when its reported. the professionals also moderate their respective forums when the need arises.
    Last edited by Lazy; Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:48:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    the professionals also moderate their respective forums when the need arises.
    Feel free to sh!tpost in the Trader forum though, nobody else posts in there so why not?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    do you know who has an active account and who doesn't?
    You be suprised what i know about things. Specially when it comes to claners and the forum. I think you know what i am talking about. QQ tnet +++
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:51:32.

You be suprised what i know about things. Specially when it comes to claners and the forum. I think you know what i am talking about. QQ tnet +++
    you'd be surprised how many of us still have active subs

And yet you did not understand a clear reference to a well known exploit that allowed the injection of incredible amounts of credits into the game some time ago.

1. Everybody thinks they know best in the world, but only you know best right?
    2. Your illusional and lack proper reasoning of my post.
    3. None of your arguments are constructive or even relative to what I, or others have said.
    4. People play games more than before? Sorry i am going to take away your banana from your hand. Facts says otherwise https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Games and this https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=mmorpg
    5. "..Make gazillion of credits in a few hours." Ok...

Dramaqueens on the forum have said AO is dead for more than 10 years. Its not like it's a fact, its more a mental illusion..

AO does have a intelligent depth for does who are vigilant.
    1-Your arguments went from juvenile to infantile. The "NO U" argument may be a classic but it works only in a limited age range.
    2-Your sense makes none.
    3-Neither are your arguments. The difference is that you are insulting everybody and I (apparently) am insulting you.
    4-Google trends. I suppose they are a legitimate source of data for your scholastic level.
    5-You have no idea what I am talking about. Ok...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast