Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - June 2016 (Happy 15th Anniversary!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    I think it's more like quarterly dev letter these days than monthly. Tbh the lack of any news and complete silence about the recent exploits and other problems combined with threads about huge issues disappearing from the forums or getting locked is really starting to piss me off. Or maybe it's just me...
    Considering your length of time on the forums, suddenly expressing shock that threads about exploits are removed is a bit surprising. These are against the rules, they have always been against the rules, and will continue to be against the rules. Please keep those in mind when posting. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Considering your length of time on the forums, suddenly expressing shock that threads about exploits are removed is a bit surprising. These are against the rules, they have always been against the rules, and will continue to be against the rules. Please keep those in mind when posting. Thank you.
    Read the post again. Nobody was complaining about threads on exploits being removed. "Huge issues" =! exploits.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Shots fired!
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

What is more surprising might be the tone you are using here where as we as a customer for a service Funcom is delivering. We didn't receive any info about the level 200 that ruined weekend of numerous players.
    It isn't a free service, most of us as subscriber are paying actually for this SERVICE.
    Indeed FC made a gesture with the 5 day free for GmiGate.
    But actually we could have some information about the way your company is going to solve the recurrent issue of exploiting in this game.
    Maybe instead of quoting people there you could give us some info
    Imo if it is worth to continue to pay for a SERVICE which at that moment seems not have been in top priority for your company.
    Yes we pay for it.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Yup, like others already said, i said nothing about discussing the actual exploits. I was pissed about getting no info how FC was going to handle the complete economy meltdown that those stupid exploiters caused. And even more pissed that all threads where people tried to get some info about the plans to fight those sploiters were removed. Well, turns out they didn't do anything about it, and apparently even the exploits weren't fixed (at least not permanently). Also there was other huge problems with the game at the time like constant crashing of the new engine etc. And those issues still remain. Still not a peep from FC about any of them. In fact last real dev letter was in august i think.
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; Mar 2nd, 2017 at 01:47:52.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Do we even have a game director at this point? Michi is the worst yet IMO.

don't you get it? simply silencing all discussion when NO effort is made on FC's part is only going to enrage the playerbase. You are contributing to the slow death of the game.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I'm thinking they were deleted more due to uncivilized flaming than exploit discussion (never thought im going to miss moderation in the forums). The thread discussing the big outbreak of two weeks ago is still at large
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

You guys do realize that Anarrina don't work for FC right?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Ok so let's step back.

1) We know now AO is basically "done". Not as in "done for" but as in "nothing new and significant is coming out".

2) If you were playing for the last 7 years and still holding on to the hope that major new content was coming ... and unsubscribed purely because of this knowledge being confirmed ... well, that's your thing. Most people with paid subs today realized the writing was on the wall for new content.

3) FC, this doesn't excuse you, "maintenance" by definition should mean "fixing things and keeping them in working order". Exploits and crashes aren't something you can just write off as "working as intended". So ... we'll stop griping so much (or at least some of us will) ... when we know that truly broken things will still get addressed in maintenance mode.

4) Why am I even posting this? Because this thread was a June 2016 thing. It's obvious we're done seeing "Monthly Development Updates". Stop beating a dead horse.

We know what we have to work with now. Time to -try- to get a little bit of bug fix commitment from FC and then move on and see how long and well we can make the game last.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    Do we even have a game director at this point? Michi is the worst yet IMO.
    It's not really his fault, pretty sure he's been working on tsw for awhile now

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Oh! ok ! he had been forced to get this moderator duty! Fc randomly picked up someone and put him as moderator to enforce forum rules!
    People are pissed because no information.
    Then a moderator, -and i can't deny it,do his job: remove some threads where it takes place some xploit discussion.
    Great, but we still no information about what we -as customer from a service FC deliver to us- pay each month.
    No information about something that is able to interfer in our gameplay/time.

It might give the feeling that removing exploit thread -that is in moderator skill- and doing to communicate about fix that had been/will be done.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

If you haven't gotten fixes for exploits pre "Maintenance Mode" what makes you think you will get them now?

Quote Originally Posted by RidinDirty View Post
    If you haven't gotten fixes for exploits pre "Maintenance Mode" what makes you think you will get them now?
    Who says fixes have not been made? Last 3-4 updates have all handled exploits afaik.

By the way, just because you are not on the pay roll does not mean you cannot be affiliated with a company. Once you are assigned a funny forum color name and start policing a forum on behalf of a company, then you automatically become a representative of that company whether you like it or not
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Great, but we still no information about what we -as customer from a service FC deliver to us- pay each month.
    We got nothing for all this years we paid..Somewhere i read that AO had in one time like1 mil subscribers, and few years after that AO hit the 2 milion subs. That was enough money injection to make some content, not as big as SL, but not as little as AI, LE or Xan..I guess that money went to TSW or Conan or Lego or whatever stupid game they did made...
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

Quote Originally Posted by Xamofne View Post
    ...I guess that money went to TSW or Conan or Lego or whatever stupid game they did made...
    Hey, dont knock the Lego game. That was great for younger children. Trying to charge people for it was however stupid. My kid would have spent a ****load of money on "minifigures" the same way as he's done with skylanders or infinity or lego dimension. I'll give FC the benefit of a doubt here and blame Lego.
    /G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

I cleaned up this thread again. As a note Funcom has never released information about Exploits other than to say they have fixed them. I do not see that changing now. Posts were removed for the discussion and the fighting, we will continue to do so as needed.

The Advisors of Rubi-Ka are volunteers not employed folks at Funcom. We are still affiliated with Funcom due to this, but realize we don't have the answers about things like Exploits which you are seeking.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Who says fixes have not been made? Last 3-4 updates have all handled exploits afaik.

By the way, just because you are not on the pay roll does not mean you cannot be affiliated with a company. Once you are assigned a funny forum color name and start policing a forum on behalf of a company, then you automatically become a representative of that company whether you like it or not
    So they did their job as instructed by the party for whom they are representing. They have always deleted posts about sploits on the forums. They might not forum ban people for excessive postings about it now. I knew people that were forum banned for 2 years. I will say he deserved it, however.

It is easy to get mad at the name you see, and not the hidden person that states the rules and doesn't give these volunteers information to share with its subscribers... Don't they have a team of people that work on all the games? IE, AO doesn't have dedicated people anymore.

I chose to unsub a long time ago because I realized this company's eyes were elsewhere and were ruining the best game they ever made (still true today). I think this game might have gone past the line of no return into ruination. It is very sad to see this game fall by the wayside. There is and will be no other game like it.

Why Funcom always do nasty things with AO ? really, it always had a potential for a awesome game and now we dont even have a "Development Update".

Come on, a official answer!
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast