Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 115

Thread: Monthly Development Update - August 2016 (Steam Powered)

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Monthly Development Update - August 2016 (Steam Powered)

    Hello everyone! It has been a while. This month has required a fair amount of juggling plates, but progress has been made and I'm pleased to quickly announce some of these future updates.

    Steam
    Over the past couple of months, we have been working with Valve to enable Anarchy Online to run via Steam. In order to make this happen, some changes needed to happen with their platform, which took longer than we had expected. Truth be told, however, I am still a little starstruck that Valve made a change to Steam just for us. Fanboying aside, this week showed the first real signs of progress towards getting AO on steam, as we were able to log in and play without the previous issues we had encountered.

    Before the end of the year, we hope to have resolved all the lingering issues and have completed all the needed preparations in order to release AO on Steam for all to download and enjoy. Thank you everyone for your patience!

    Halloween
    This year we will be releasing new Halloween content, this time in the form of an instanced solo dungeon. The difficulty of the encounter will scale with the level of the engaging player, available for players of all levels, and will take players deep under the festering Pumpkin Patch. I'll have a better preview for this event before we kick it off in October!

    Thank You
    I look forward to showing off more of what's being worked on as it nears completion. It will be nice to have some new Halloween content. Our upcoming Steam release will also be a great help for the future and longevity of the project. Have a great September, everyone!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer
    ___________________________________
    Twitter - Welcome to Testlive - Customer Service

  2. #2
    Last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

  3. #3
    Great news that the Steam work continues.

    220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

    Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP


  4. #4
    Hope steam will bring in some new players (and they stay).

    Looking forward to the new Halloween content. Will the instance also give an opportunity to level up, something like daily missions but with Halloween theme? The Reck was good and it would be nice to see more similar stuff even if it is in a smaller scale.

    Keep up the good work!
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

    and a few more lowbie alts

  5. #5
    Short, but I like it!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

  6. #6
    Excellent news on Steam, too bad it was so short (she said!)
    Now let's get a few patches out to test with new stuff/fixes
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

  7. #7
    steam is a great step forward for the game, hopefully "before the end of the year" doesn't mean december. it could do wonders for the population with a bit of luck.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

    so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

  8. #8
    Any additional explanation as to why MP rhiwen tiers 1-2 were nerfed?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

    *Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

    http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

    My Story

    Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

    Everyday I'm Shuffling.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Any additional explanation as to why MP rhiwen tiers 1-2 were nerfed?
    Doubt he'll explain himself, but the reqs for t3 are not on pair with the rest of pet profs so i do hope this will get revised.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

  10. #10
    Steam looking like a go is the most positive news I've seen in months. Would make for a nice AO Xmas present.

    Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 199/22/49 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

  11. #11
    i self t3 rather easy, is a endgame pet and i think it should require endgame items.
    the t3 is very good and it's just weird if it would be easy to cast on top of it. and yes engi pets is redicules, but thats another story, then the problem is there and not with the T3 rhiwen.

  12. #12

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone! It has been a while. This month has required a fair amount of juggling plates, but progress has been made and I'm pleased to quickly announce some of these future updates.

    Steam
    Over the past couple of months, we have been working with Valve to enable Anarchy Online to run via Steam. In order to make this happen, some changes needed to happen with their platform, which took longer than we had expected. Truth be told, however, I am still a little starstruck that Valve made a change to Steam just for us. Fanboying aside, this week showed the first real signs of progress towards getting AO on steam, as we were able to log in and play without the previous issues we had encountered.

    Before the end of the year, we hope to have resolved all the lingering issues and have completed all the needed preparations in order to release AO on Steam for all to download and enjoy. Thank you everyone for your patience!

    Halloween
    This year we will be releasing new Halloween content, this time in the form of an instanced solo dungeon. The difficulty of the encounter will scale with the level of the engaging player, available for players of all levels, and will take players deep under the festering Pumpkin Patch. I'll have a better preview for this event before we kick it off in October!

    Thank You
    I look forward to showing off more of what's being worked on as it nears completion. It will be nice to have some new Halloween content. Our upcoming Steam release will also be a great help for the future and longevity of the project. Have a great September, everyone!
    Finally !! Now please Funcom, advertise everywhere and you'll get MUCH more money and this game will be active again !!!!!!

  13. #13
    So it begins!

    Keep it up Michi
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

    Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

  14. #14
    Bloody hell, someone at Steam is either an old AO player, or steam sees the potential in AO that FC doesn't.
    Good job Mitchi
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

  15. #15
    Excelent news !

    Steam - very nice (for Michi - Valve is not changing it for us - is changing it for them - they saw the potential and if the game will be for sale one day guess who will buy it ? GabeN )
    Instanced Halloween solo dungeon - excelent idea ! Let's build those toons to perfection !

    You thank us ? NO ... we thank you ! Keep up the good work (we know is hard, but good days are yet to come)
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    ...or steam sees the potential in AO that FC doesn't.
    Hat sales?
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

  17. #17
    Very good news!

    cant u open a new server with steam intro, without Multiboxing. would for sure make a better experience for new players, and i for one would delete all i have on old servers and start over again

  18. #18
    SHINY! WELL DONE!

    It's going to be "interesting" but mostly in a good way. Start prepping the newbie answers.
    Last edited by Literary; Sep 14th, 2016 at 18:44:04. Reason: smileys are broken :(

  19. #19
    So, I got a question. Are you going to try make ao more "friendly" for new players? Because it aint no secret that AO is not very easily understood for new players.

  20. #20
    AO was less friendly when i started back in 2001. I say its pretty easy for newcommers now days. Making things more lazy is another thing.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •