Thread: Going back to the game after 8ish years...

Going back to the game after 8ish years...

So, I've been playing AO pretty much 2004-2008. After that I went away, occasionally logging in to see what's happening - but never really trying hard to do stuff. Some solo on the shade here and there, some AI levels, some Xan quests...

Now I'm back again and trying to see how the game plays.

There seem to be a lot of changes in the patches lately. Some new nanos, nanolines, AORC not updated with them. New noob island and new ICC...

I'm wondering what to do now. Should I start my toons from scratch to learn the game again? Or just try to have a crash-course of the game as it is now?

Who's doing Alien raids now, who's doing Pandemonium and Tara?

Help the re-noob get back please
    Using and coding:
    * Hugbot - raid/chat bot url
    /tell Huggcom inspect Frozen Crystal Compound to check that Alappa stuff
    * pyDump - simple, smart damage dumper, in testing and development stage url

Some of my chars:
    Arrah, 220/17 Neutral Mage Adventureress, inferno camper | [bio] | equip
    Ember Sphere Solitus Ethernalist. Heals, just heals. Screw dd docs
    The Building Man, TL7 Nanomage Soldier
    Huggcrat, Neutral Enlighted Dictator | gimpy equip | horny crat pic

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    Classy to blame your BS evaccing on the kid though. I bet you blame the dog when you fart, too.

Hey man! First off all, welcome back!
    I would recommend to visit https://aoitems.com first.
    If you click on Nano tab on top, you will get a nice overview about every classes Nanos
    This will give you a pretty good idea of what nano's are top in which nanoline.

There is a bunch of things to do for you to get more or better end-game equip.
    For example the beast armor got an upgrade, and is then called Awakened "armor piece" or the new research line Apotheosis.

You're welcome to send me a tell ingame at "Carnista" and i can tell you more
    Last edited by immortalis; Nov 1st, 2016 at 05:58:13.
    Immortalis was cast out to fight against the devilish creatures of satan. In god we trust and evil shall die!

Ofilenia - Martial Artist - Sauhaufen
    Carnista - Bureaucrat - Sauhaufen
    Alfakoile - Shade - Sauhaufen
    Metadrag - Meta-Physicist - Sauhaufen

Quote Originally Posted by Huggcrat View Post
    So, I've been playing AO pretty much 2004-2008. After that I went away, occasionally logging in to see what's happening - but never really trying hard to do stuff. Some solo on the shade here and there, some AI levels, some Xan quests...

Now I'm back again and trying to see how the game plays.

There seem to be a lot of changes in the patches lately. Some new nanos, nanolines, AORC not updated with them. New noob island and new ICC...

I'm wondering what to do now. Should I start my toons from scratch to learn the game again? Or just try to have a crash-course of the game as it is now?

Who's doing Alien raids now, who's doing Pandemonium and Tara?

Help the re-noob get back please

AO Universe is brilliant. http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...2FKnowledge%2F

And ofcourse.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 over 650 AO videos including guides, raids and playthroughs on various classes.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Hey man WB
    first off, find a big org. I mean it, you will need peers to raid with as org raids seem to be run much more commonly than LFT-based raids.
    Go for updated Beast armor. Not hard to get, most pieces are very good, most are the best for certain professions. Do the Xan instances (Vortexx, Mitaar hero, 12man) for the xan symbiants. If you do not yet have the Intelligent symbs, just pop in the Beta Xan symbs
    After the above, you can stand on your feet much more and start fine-tuning your setup

Edit: once you've got resources you can roll a new char. I wouldn't recommend doing it before, unless you are up for the challenge of course
    Last edited by aramsunat; Nov 9th, 2016 at 10:00:30.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside