Thread: Subscription = all expansions?

Subscription = all expansions?

A friend of mine toys with the idea of returning to AO. He quit pre-LoX and is concerned, that he might have to buy the expansion separately.
    So the question is: if you re-subscribe will you have access to all expansions?

Thanks
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

As far as I know, no.

But earlier in the year they changed some stuff around, so I'm not 100% sure. Odonoptera would know.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Yes I saw that too, but unless it states it obviously I am not sure. It wouldn't be the first "caveat emptor" situation with FC.
    Just wondering if anyone either from FC or any player who had experience could confirm this

Devil Inside

You still have to buy the expansion seperately. That page in the link just shows the content that free players can't access (since obviously, paid players can access all content).

This is just another way FC screws over old players in favor of new (but nonexistent) players. If you sub from a froob account, you'll get all expansions automatically. If you return with old subscription account you have to buy the missing expansions separately.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    This is just another way FC screws over old players in favor of new (but nonexistent) players. If you sub from a froob account, you'll get all expansions automatically. If you return with old subscription account you have to buy the missing expansions separately.
    wut?! omg that sucks donkey balls
    thanks for the warning

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    wut?! omg that sucks donkey balls
    thanks for the warning
    That's the way it was during the summer when a friend of mine who quit before LoX returned. He had to buy LoX separately. And at the same time i got a few e-mails from funcom about a couple of my froob accounts stating that if i subscribe those accounts i'll get all expansions.

So your comment about donkey balls is just about right
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

if he has a froob account and a payed account merged he could pay subsription for froob account and transfer chars to that.
    but it is probably cheaper to just buy the expansion
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

When I created a new account this summer I automatically got all the expansions included with the subscription.

I'd dare say it's a rip off if they don't add LoX automatically to a subscription in light of that.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Don't you also get gametime when you buy the expansion anyway?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

You get a month...well I did but that was um, almost last century so not sure now Way unimpressed with the Coal we got this Xmas though.