Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still no monthly letter from FC?

That would be the end, i would say majority of paying players have at least 1 paid and 1 froob account, or 2 paid. If multiple clients is an issue on steam then i would bet that would be the death bell for AO.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

thats correct
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Well this thread's getting deleted the moment a mod remembers AO has forums...

I'm assuming the Big Thing for AO is the Steam launch. Wonder if we'll have to re-DL AO through Steam for it to work properly. And will Steam have a fit over multiple client installs &/or instances.
    I'd bet my life on that the stand-alone client will remain an option. I even suspect, that even with a Steam install you can run the executables from the steamapps folder to open new instances of the game (even though the Steam launcher will not natively support this)

btw TSW has both steam-friendly and stand-alone clients. GTA V only uses steam to feed through the game's native login page (ie. you do not have to enter your credentials there, steam will do it for you, but thats where the integration ends)
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

You can add AO (new client) to your steam library as a "non steam game" and it runs fine x2 instances.,more than that I haven't tried.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Still leaves a lot of questions about both old and new client. The new client isn't even close to being stable. Will it be pushed on us at steam launch? Will old client be discontinued?

Whenever I'm raiding I always shift to old client, since it's more stable. Crashing with Phobettor on 4-5 bubbles in a 3-man kill was the last straw for me...
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Still leaves a lot of questions about both old and new client. The new client isn't even close to being stable. Will it be pushed on us at steam launch? Will old client be discontinued?

Whenever I'm raiding I always shift to old client, since it's more stable. Crashing with Phobettor on 4-5 bubbles in a 3-man kill was the last straw for me...
    I found this to help a great deal with stability and have created a video guide if you're using an nvidia gpu, I'm pretty sure there is something similar available for amd gpu too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYTZXoH59uo
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Well, I assumed stand-alone was still an option. But trying to get Steam to read the stand-alone version as it stands is pretty much impossible because of the way the launcher processes work. I run the New Engine exclusively and have resigned myself to Fgridding to all omni territories because of incessant desynchs in those areas. Aside from that I only crash occasionally and at about the same rate as with the old engine so I have no interest in reverting back. Hopefully the Steam updates will mean I can just point steam at my current main install and let it do its thing. I use Steam a lot and tend to prefer my games to run through it for convenience and easy communication.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

There shall be no Christmas in AO this year! You might call me a grinch but..
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12