Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runspeed

Runspeed

Hey all,

does anyone know how exactly runspeed works?

My current status is, that runspeed have a soft cap at 2.500 (from armor etc.) but buffs like GSF/Stims etc allow you to move faster than 2.500 RS.

My RS is close to 2.5K self, if I have GSF + escape nano I have close to 4K RS. If I use GSF and escape nano, did I move with 4K RS or is there a hard cap or scale factor?

What's about different professions? There are differences in runspeed "profit" or it's same for all?

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by Hekthor; Dec 5th, 2016 at 09:04:36.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

the actual running speed is hard capped at 2200ish RS
    any RS above that does not translate into additional speed. It helps a lot with snares though.
    Effective speed is constant in all directions since FC removed straferunning back in 2009 or so.
    Flying (yalmaha, MP fly, phasefront stuff) works differently, it is always faster than running given a certain run speed (flying with 500 RS is slower than running with 2200 RS, but flying with 2200 RS is faster than running with the same RS)

This is 2010ish knowledge, not sure if FC have changed it since, I guess not. (at least my engi runs at the same speed as a fixer, so I do not think it was changed)

There is (or was) an exploit that enabled you to move faster, but using it was actually visible to other players. Seen many people used it back then, seen only a very few these days, and havent seen any since last patch
    Last edited by aramsunat; Dec 5th, 2016 at 09:21:03.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Hm okay but it's curious, if i use Escape nano i definitely moving faster for the duration imo.

Yesterday at bs I visited Me.liz on his Agent.
    He failed gank,snared me and trying to run away. I used escape nano and rekt him. I had gsf also running and still was able to follow him with -1700 RS from his snares. So if your right the calculation is 2500+720+700 = 3920 - 1700 = 2220 = cap RS ?

Was bit confused that he flamed with "legit RS "
    That's the reason why I still was able to follow him ?
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

Would have to test, but I've got around 2200-2300 run speed on my doc and people always seemed to be able to outrun me on BS.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

2500 is the soft cap, with exponentially diminishing returns thereafter.
    Unless they changed it and I didn't notice, which is entirely possible.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

the difference between 2200 and 2500 must be really really marginal then, personally I didnt feel the problem of people outrunning the eng on BS (maybe in the long dead zones between the portals)

Devil Inside

There is a place called "long road" and there is a long road there - experience a little ...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    2500 is the soft cap, with exponentially diminishing returns thereafter.
    Unless they changed it and I didn't notice, which is entirely possible.
    2500 all prof, 2700 fixer only? from what i remember (and yea ruse 4 agent run faster! can't explain why)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Have a look at this thread. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...yths-Dispelled

Scumtron (Scum) is pretty much the most reliable living AO-pedia there ever was, and I remember him doing a lot of testing to arrive at these conclusions. Of course this data is old now and the game can change, but I doubt it.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Have a look at this thread. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...yths-Dispelled

Scumtron (Scum) is pretty much the most reliable living AO-pedia there ever was, and I remember him doing a lot of testing to arrive at these conclusions. Of course this data is old now and the game can change, but I doubt it.
    Nice link - thank you

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Didn't FC make some changes around 18.7 though? Maybe I'm misremembering but I vaguely remember talk about recalibrating the runspeed curves/cap/etc to reduce stress on the server and making lowbies a bit faster and more fun.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    2500 all prof, 2700 fixer only? from what i remember (and yea ruse 4 agent run faster! can't explain why)
    They don't run faster its a visual effect.

It's the same thing as when you're driving a go-kart at 15-20 mph and you feel like you are going the speed of light and then you are going 60 in your SUV and you feel like you are going slow as hell.

How fast you feel like you are running is directly proportional to how close you are to the ground.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    Didn't FC make some changes around 18.7 though? Maybe I'm misremembering but I vaguely remember talk about recalibrating the runspeed curves/cap/etc to reduce stress on the server and making lowbies a bit faster and more fun.
    Iirc they boosted the base RS from 4m/s to 5m/s.
    It should be in the notes for the release of the new starter area.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Midget agents indeed run faster. But nevertheless cover the same distance as a fat enfo
    these are all eyecandy though, from the server's point of view, you are blip in a 2D grid that is going everywhere at the same speed.
    I said 2D grid, because the engine does not care about jumping or elevation, your X and Y pos change is constant (that is why scaling PoH steps seem so fast)

Flying is different, you can actually move in true 3D, so your character should be perfectly perpendicular to the X or Y axes to go at full speed.
    Last edited by aramsunat; Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:44:22.

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Iirc they boosted the base RS from 4m/s to 5m/s.
    It should be in the notes for the release of the new starter area.
    Yep, but I thought there was some changes at the top end as well. I could very well be wrong though, I haven't followed the updates very closely for a while now.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    Yep, but I thought there was some changes at the top end as well. I could very well be wrong though, I haven't followed the updates very closely for a while now.
    I'd say it was more of a change to "movement speed" in general. If you notice... swimming is much faster, but flying is much slower.

Flying was bugged to give you maxed movement speed. Swimming, of course, was its own skill that... no one outside of a 150 doing the Ado brain quest just before an IP reset... would ever consider maxing. Vhab had a really good and brief write up on it somewhere.

Although, I believe the changes to actual run speed were not nearly as dramatic, so no one really noticed a difference.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    [...] swimming is much faster, but flying is much slower.
    I believe swimming is now equal to your run speed. Pretty sure I read that in patch notes somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I believe swimming is now equal to your run speed. Pretty sure I read that in patch notes somewhere.
    Yes, this is correct

Devil Inside

The numbers here were accurate until like mid-2009 when they fixed strafe-running (bonus speed from combining strafing with forwards or backwards movement), and other than that remained so until 18.7 when base RS was bumped from 4 m/s to 5 m/s and the cap was dropped from 15 m/s to 13(ish?) m/s. Idunno what, if any, changes were made to backwards or strafe movement in 18.7.

AFAIK str/sta/agi trickle still doesn't affect your actual movement speed, so remember that if you want to compare an end-game toon and a tl3 or something.

Edit: Since 18.7 each point of RS increases forward movement speed by around 0.0036 m/s instead of the old 0.005 m/s.
    Last edited by Scvm; Feb 10th, 2017 at 02:08:41.

Oh my, Scvmtron, they banned %cum%?
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast