Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New itemshop buggs

New itemshop buggs

Ok, so a change to itemstore, great i though.
    I open it up and it basically corrupts all gfx.

Not only does it look like it was made by a 5-year old (child labour fc?) but it behaves like what i would imagine is an intense LSD trip, graphics keeps wrapping around.
    I took a screenshot, it keeps drawning garbage on the screen.

https://postimg.org/image/qfknkbfxd/

drivers:
    AMD radeon 16.6 (crimson)
    I'll try updating, but it's clearly this "new and improved" itemsstore that's screwing up the gfx.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

We're curious to see if other AMD users have this issue. We encountered no such artifacting while testing this internally, since this is just a browser-based shop (just like the original AO shop). Honestly, it looks like your video card is about to die
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

16.12.1 drivers seems to have fixed it, my 7770 is now old but it's in no way dying ...

Yeah, we figured it was some kind of driver or card issue. I'm glad updating your drivers ended up getting rid of the distortion.
    Community Manager

Also doesnt tell you if the item is account bound or character bound (1 per acc or 1 per toon) until AFTER youve bought/claimed it...
    Cool to see no christmas subscription offers but higher item shop prices.

Why is there no search? I'de like to look at this new weapons packs that i saw on test...

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    Also doesnt tell you if the item is account bound or character bound (1 per acc or 1 per toon) until AFTER youve bought/claimed it...
    This.

Edit: To be fair, it's listed on some items but not all.
    Last edited by Avari; Dec 21st, 2016 at 20:38:37.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Everything about the new item shop is ugly and dumb. [Edited]
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Dec 21st, 2016 at 20:21:00. Reason: We understand your feedback about the item store. Please keep your thoughts constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    The item description in the store will tell you of purchase limits. Simply click on the icon of the item itself, and a window will pop up to tell you more details; including how many of that item you may purchase per account, or character. If it doesn't tell you a limit, then there isn't a limit! If that's not the case somewhere, or if you have any questions, please let us know

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Why is there no search? I'de like to look at this new weapons packs that i saw on test...
    A search function is something we'd like to implement, although the in-game browser's functionality is limited, and is thus a limiting factor to things like this.
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Dec 21st, 2016 at 21:23:49.
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    The item description in the store will tell you of purchase limits. Simply click on the icon of the item itself, and a window will pop up to tell you more details; including how many of that item you may purchase per account, or character. If it doesn't tell you a limit, then there isn't a limit! If that's not the case somewhere, or if you have any questions, please let us know

A search function is something we'd like to implement, although the in-game browser's functionality is limited, and is thus a limiting factor to things like this.
    There was a search function in the old item store, so please don't use the limitations of the in-game browser as an excuse. And in terms of aesthetics the top menu of the item store looks okay and shows relevant information, but the background on individual items and size of the item image/cost button seem way out of proportion, like someone threw it together in their lunch break.

Also, things like heckler juice it might help to have a small description or just rename the item, as noobs will have no idea what it is without clicking on it.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Search function would be nice, also the looks are certainly less than stellar...
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

[QUOTE=Odonoptera;.....[/QUOTE]

Since you are conversing here, how 'bout you tell the folks if there is going to be a holiday subscription offer (you know, free months for the 3-6-12 month subs). I asked Customer Support, the answer kinda made me laugh (they said they have no clue) although they responded back in record time, so I guess there is that...
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawks93 View Post
    There was a search function in the old item store, so please don't use the limitations of the in-game browser as an excuse.
    The way the browser is set up now is a little different from how it used to be--this was to facilitate the more streamlined system. Requests for the search function are something we're aware of, and it's something we'll investigate, but at this time it wasn't a feature we were able to include.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Since you are conversing here, how 'bout you tell the folks if there is going to be a holiday subscription offer (you know, free months for the 3-6-12 month subs). I asked Customer Support, the answer kinda made me laugh (they said they have no clue) although they responded back in record time, so I guess there is that...
    Hey! Sorry, I got your PM, too; I personally don't have information about future deals and promos. Customer Support also wouldn't have that kind of info, either.
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Dec 21st, 2016 at 23:49:20.
    Community Manager

Ok, so i log in to hopefully get a view of the nice new Item store, i must say i was expecting it to be better than the old one. I mean there is a reaon you upgrade it right?
    But to my big supprise i was so wrong.
    Honestly the new store look terrible, as OP mentioned it look like something a kid could do with simple html coding back in 1996.

How can you go from somehting ok to something this bad and call it an upgrade?!
    With no filter and no search functions and very limited info on items, how do you expect people to spend money in this store?
    You need to be a veteran player to know what most of the items are, what they do and what they dont.
    And you have removed some available single items and made bundles out of it and raised the prices...

Serioulsy is this the best you can do?

Something that was average in now horribly bad !!!
    Give me even 1 improvement ....
    FC has spent xxx manpower = money to lower quality of one of its services.
    Instead of lowering prices some are increased and on top of that there are new ridicolous items without clear description what they include (like all level xxx packs)
    Look like you are spitting at player faces and at the same time trying to convince us thats just a rain !!!

It is in the game's best interest to revert to the old store until the new store is an improvement.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post

The new Christmas items did not tell me it was one per account until after I had claimed them (nophex and Xmas gift) on two different accs, and yes, I clicked the icon, hence how I know it tells you after but not before.

Honestly, I love the fc team. Most of the stuff you do is great, and you have a difficult community to work for. I see a lot of people give you slack (including myself) but I appreciate that the small amount of staff for this game are working hard and trying.
    But
    This patch was a mistake in nearly every way possible. I'd love to say something nice, other than it's good to see you guys working hard and trying, but this patch was just a fail.
    I'd understand making the items no drop and then reducing the prices. This would allow people who actually want to use them to consider buying them, whilst stopping the resellers sell for huge sploited creds making it impossible for regular players to buy.
    But all that has been done is discouraged regular people buying the jacked up prices, whilst also deterring the resellers, leaving fc out of pocket, and I just can't figure that one out.
    It's buggy as stated above, which I can live with, but honestly, was there even an issue with the old one? Old one was easy to use, better looking, more descriptive. I'm sure there are much more pressing things that needed fixing (sploiters that are constantly reported but not banned, although gj for banning healfordays, although nearly a year late, things such as raised platforms and los bugging mobs (poh second boss), the list could go on.

I appreciate you guys are trying I really do, and I'm trying to remain positive and constructive, but this patch was an abortion, a late abortion at that.

Edit : removing disable inspect was ok I guess, getting the community to expose sploiters for you instead of investigating the reported ones yourselves, clever and I guess it'll work. But gutted all are guna see the anasi damage imp on my doc now though!
    Last edited by Footer; Dec 22nd, 2016 at 03:30:02.

You're also not specifying what the "dust brigade armor set" is in the jumpstart kit costing thirty euros.
    I'm asuming it's dust brigade parasite armor which in my case I already have from last year's subscription bonus.
    The only thing useful from that kit for me is then the parasite helmet with +15% xp which in essence you're making me pay thirty euros for (previously cost 600 FC points) as the other items included are kinda useless.
    I don't know why you guys thought that was a good idea but instead of me spending money on a new toon I'll just not buy anything from the new shop.
    Not to mention the RIDICULOUS price for hiisi armor (50 euros lol), I know you included the blades with +20 abilities for it but once again, I already have those for all my toons.
    From a consumers perspective this new shop is just terrible.
    Last edited by batavi; Dec 22nd, 2016 at 09:40:53.

Footer and Batavi are dead on-point here. Two active players who - like me - are almost always (if not ALWAYS) supportive of FunCom and have an overwhelmingly positive attitude, but are left cold by these recent ammendments. I have submitted my feedback through other channels, and I don't feel I can say anything better than they and others who have posted here have done, but here is me adding my name to the list of freshly-disappointed customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast