Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darknet - The new Shopping Network

hey hey Thanks for running this bot, it's a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by nepherius View Post
    Added !lastseen, because why not.
    Can we opt out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Saavick View Post
    hey hey Thanks for running this bot, it's a great service.

Can we opt out of this?
    Not really but ... almost any org bot can do this anyway so if anyone wants to track you for some reason they can do it w/o Darknet.
    Last edited by nepherius; Feb 13th, 2017 at 11:58:58.

Can we opt out of this?
    But... why?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    But... why?
    Some people might not want to be tracked.
    ie. someone checking !lastseen for a specific twink / war leader is the first thing that comes to mind.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Saav's AO-famous and is already getting plenty enough love letters from me. There's the reason!
    Acanthus - Level 220/22 Shade (teh 'main')
    Toketlen - Level 213/14 Crat (teh 'alt')
    Neuralrust - Level 197/12 MA Doctor
    And a froob army I refuse to list.

It's true that other bots already track me. My org mates, hellcom members, froob200 members; they already have the option to see when I was online. This feature is apperently intended for people who are not in my org nor in any bots I'm member of. Do I even know these people? Why should they know when I was online?

Honestly though it's not a big issue to me. I'll keep using the service, just like I keep using facebook, though I wish it wouldn't share all my data with random people

It's true that other bots already track me. My org mates, hellcom members, froob200 members; they already have the option to see when I was online. This feature is apperently intended for people who are not in my org nor in any bots I'm member of. Do I even know these people? Why should they know when I was online?

Honestly though it's not a big issue to me. I'll keep using the service, just like I keep using facebook, though I wish it wouldn't share all my data with random people
    Darknet is a free service however I do make some money by sharing some stats with some of your richer enemies except that all data is confidential!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    ie. someone checking !lastseen for a specific twink / war leader is the first thing that comes to mind.
    Like "omg XX twink hasn't been online for 9 days, now I can go pwn all lvl 100 bases"? Really?

It's true that other bots already track me. My org mates, hellcom members, froob200 members; they already have the option to see when I was online. This feature is apperently intended for people who are not in my org nor in any bots I'm member of. Do I even know these people?
    Let's not get carried away in privacy mumbo-jumbo here... I'm all for privacy rights, but people seem to be jumping between "privacy" and "transparency" depending on their personal needs these days. If people really wanted to track you they could do it even without the !lastseen option. You guys make it sound all sinister. It's a video game - people mostly use !lastseen to check when friends were last online I think
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

What I really want is bot service that tells me when someone on specific list comes online...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    What I really want is bot service that tells me when someone on specific list comes online...
    How much are you paying ?:P

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    !notify on [name]

I unsubscribed from wtb after being subscribed to all, but I still received every wtb message. What went wrong?
    Last edited by Psithief; Feb 24th, 2017 at 05:30:30.

There were some typos in my code, thanks for reporting this 'bug'. It's fixed now.
    Last edited by nepherius; Feb 24th, 2017 at 16:29:33.

hello, great tool for AO!
    got an issue on one of my toons

"Docleigh"

banned for doing a history..
    granted I probably did it wrong.
    could you help me out?

Thanks
    morro
    Morrojanson
    Kingpin

Nice work nepherius !
    Please consider lowering the level for users to 100 or something, because now you have to be 200 to register - not too froob friendly ...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Min level back to 100 as no drama in a long time. Hoping it stays that way.

i was doing beast raid and we were doing it on openraider and i wanted to roll an item and instead of doing !add 1 on open raider i did
    [Darknet] Ciupsy: !add 1
    [Darknet] You left private group: Darknet
    [Darknet]: You have been banned!
    can u sort me out or something rly didnt wanted 2 do that lol !? any admins that can help will be apreciated

i still didnt get a reply or a fix can anione pls give me a hand To
    [Darknet]: !help
    [Darknet]: You've been a naughty girl, access denied!

char name Ciupsy 220 soldier pls let me join the channel not a spamer or a gold seller lol

I already unbanned you once...

Hey just came back to the game but I've got two characters that seemed to be banned from the bot, one of which only just hit lvl100 so I'm guessing it was because I input the wrong command. Would you be able to unban them? Names are Floydrose and Stoptehmusic.

Thanks
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast