Thread: Merge

Merge

Plx bring back account merge.

ty

Yeah I've got an old account that I'd like to transfer characters to and from.

Please let us pay more money.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I would love to have the ability to merge accounts again. In all probability, I'd be apt to buy paid points to transfer toons. Please bring it back.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Yes! Please bring back!

Anyone know why they removed it?

Not sure, but it happened at the same time as they disabled the option to make vet accounts.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I think it's just pure and simple greed.

Veteran accounts and merged accounts get the same amount of veteran points as the main account. Veteran points are account wide. If you can buy beacons and other necessary stuff with vet points for each character you have no reason to buy the extremely overpriced versions of those same items from the item store where all those items are per character and not account wide.

I believe this to be the reason for removing the phasefront vendors and the old paid point system too. People only needed to buy some nice amount of paid points once per account and had always enough points to get all required hoverbikes and social clothing from the PF vendors.

They have been steadily removing and limiting the ways you can get convenience and social stuff through either playing the game or unlocking stuff account wide to all current and future characters.

Whatever excuse they give in public, the real reason is the attempt to maximize profit. And in this i believe this current tactic will fail. At least i personally never get anything from the items store since the prices are insane and i can't unlock anything for all account at once. Maybe someone who only plays one or two characters can afford something from the shop, but I have 40+ characters and there's no way i'm spending any cash on the shop if i can't unlock stuff for the whole account(s).

In this new system almost nothing is account wide and the prices are insane compared to any other MMO games items store out there. In other games there's often the option to get items either per character or account wide and the account option is usually only a little bit more than single char.

On topic edit: Yes please! Please add the veteran accounts and account merging back. The fact that i can't get my main accounts Vet points is the biggest reason holding me back from opening a paid third account at the moment.
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; Jan 24th, 2017 at 17:50:31.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

You can circumvent it to some extent although it'll cost you the paid points for a character transfer.

1. Create a new char on your old account that has a ton of vet points.
    2. Transfer that char to a new account that is created from your Anarchy Online master account. This "slave" account will be born merged with your master account.
    3. Transfer char from old vet account to new account and it will retain the vet points it received when it was originally created.

I don't think we should hold our breath on account merge being brought back. It was promised that new membership rewards would be added after half a year and that Veteran Points would also be added manually once in a while. The former is about half a year overdue and the latter has yet to happen since they removed automatic vet point update a year ago.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Bump!, return of the account merge is a movie i would like to see

Bring it back!
    Montez - 220/30 - Engi | Killpop - 220/30 - Engi