Thread: New Engine won't launch

Bad fps in old engine, can't force it to run on nvidia

Got a laptop with hd4600 and a 960m. Old engine won't run on the nvidia card. I launch it via right click and force. Using the game file, not launcher to start. Tried both of em anyways, its the same.
    They still run on integrated. Read posts about this, but can't find a fix. Wondering if anyone found a solution? Running between 16 and 25 fps. If I dual log, it's down to 10fps... If I run the new engine, I get 75ish fps! But it ofc crashes from time to time and is not very stable.. :P

this started out as a post about the new engine not starting, but I fixed that. Hope someone reads this, even if the thread title is very misleading atm.
    Last edited by Iaitoo; Jan 24th, 2017 at 13:02:54.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

The old engine is CPU bound, it maybe your CPU is idling (cool and quiet mode) I always disable that feature.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    The old engine is CPU bound, it maybe your CPU is idling (cool and quiet mode) I always disable that feature.
    They were, but I unparked them. Game still doesn't want to run on my nvidia card with the old client. It runs on intel, no matter how much I force it to run on nvidia.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!