Thread: Nano warnings/Proper dps parsing

Nano warnings/Proper dps parsing

Please if you are interested in this tool or want to see something specific changed let me know here. If enough people will reply its more then likely ill do it.
    Current functions:

1) Nano warnings based on catching succesful nano cast in log and running a timer. Done by computer voice.
    2) Personal + pet dps parser with all the statistics i could think of (crit/nano dmg/specials dmg)

Would you be interested in nano duration audio warnings together with a dps parser?

The end product is that whenever one of your selected nanos is about to run out you get an audio warning.Using computer voice or simple *ding* sounds.

The language used is java so we are talking jar files.

It is done by chat log parsing.

Please if you woudl be interested in such a tool let me know.

Here is a sample of where i am currently at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxCNj6QJs8

At this point i am done and will use it myself with hardcoded nanos.

My question is if there is any demand for such a tool or if i should jsut stick with using it for myself. Stuff like gui and polishing would take me considerable extra time but if its useful to anybody else in the end why not huh?

Current version to download:
    V3
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...84141931784249

Make sure you have the latest version of java.
    https://java.com/en/download/
    Last edited by platonicx; Feb 10th, 2017 at 10:08:31.

Love the idea. We actually used to have this long ago in one of the damage parsers.

But ... I hate using sound. If you ever look at using a graphic overlay, yeah, all sorts of reasons I'd use that. Similar to Weak/Power Auras from some other game's add-ons.

Might use the sounds as long as I could make them very mellow, but since I often play while someone is asleep a room over, not often (can't stand headphones).
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Thanks for the reply.
    Right now it works with computer voice generated with a common java library. The idea is to also have an option for a custom sound file(mp3/waw) in case someone want to input their own voice and then a 3rd option for some simple *ding* sound. That would probbably be what you could use then.

Overlay is an issue. It is doable with java/my skillset as long as you can run AO in borderless window and i will explore that once i get to the damage parser part of things. Not gonna go into directx "overlays" at all though, so no fullscreen support. Also as far as graphics notifications for nanos go. I feel like ncu list arranged by duration already is that. Sometimes short term proc perks can get in the way sure.

Will definitely do an overlay with dmg numbers of your team for the last encounter though. I suppose it could start flashing when one of your watched nanos is about to run out i guess

This is what i did on that so far:
    https://s28.postimg.org/s3ks7i9m5/overlay.png

Opaque with the same-ish color as AO default gui. Have to do something withthe buttons and labels.
    Last edited by platonicx; Feb 1st, 2017 at 13:50:04.

It seems that once upon a time there was a third party program that did this. I used it all the time and found it extremely helpful.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

Quote Originally Posted by platonicx View Post
    Overlay is an issue. It is doable with java/my skillset as long as you can run AO in borderless window and i will explore that once i get to the damage parser part of things. Not gonna go into directx "overlays" at all though, so no fullscreen support. Also as far as graphics notifications for nanos go. I feel like ncu list arranged by duration already is that. Sometimes short term proc perks can get in the way sure.
    Borderless in a window is how I always run, multiple monitors, multiple accounts

That type of setup would be fine. My aging eyes and huge WQXGA monitor mean I'm often squinting at the NCU window and specials during key times.

Mina ... yeah, one of the old damage parsers had an audio timer for things like specials coming up, nanos wearing off, etc. It is a very useful thing.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Last edited by platonicx; Feb 10th, 2017 at 10:19:04.

Will test in 12-20 hours

Tried it on my lvl 15 crat today. Very comfortable to have warning of when your charms are about to run out. Maybe this time ill get past lvl 25 with a crat

Last edited by platonicx; Feb 10th, 2017 at 10:18:50.

IT NEEDS TO PICK UP PETS! :P my crat is main DD from pets but it doesn't pick up his pets shame :P

Should pick up pets now in a simple manner time/dps/crit% .
    I have no toons that actually have more then one pet so no way to test it xD . It should work theoretically but i would expect bugs. Could use someone to attack with one pet then the other and then both together and doing the math and checking if it checks out.
    Pay attenttion to Prefs.ini:
    You,petname1,petname2

V3:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...84141931784249

There absolutely is demand for this utility!
    Have you considered adding in functionality to allow it to know when your brawl skill or burst skill or full auto skill (etc) are available and off cooldown?
    Last edited by Agentyre; Mar 1st, 2017 at 01:20:49.

I would suggest dropping this and developing a parsing plugin for Advanced Combat Tracker instead. http://advancedcombattracker.com/

It already has the functionality you need, it just doesn't know how to parse Anarchy Online logs because nobody has done it.
    It does already know how to parse logs for Funcom's other games (Age of Conan, The Secret World).