Thread: Feb 1st Patch

Feb 1st Patch

So the unscheduled patch today was to remove the GMI terminals? I take it that the problem with GMI isn't figured out yet so you took it down to minimize troubles. Is it fair to assume you have some way to make sure we all get our GMI items and credits back in tact once you return the fixed GMI to the game?

Emma

my weekend hooker and coke fund is low...
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

My subscribtion will run out within few days.
    I already bought some GRACE to use it, but as GMI dissapeared there is no way I can use it !!!

Any idea how to solve such problem?

Quote Originally Posted by hans76 View Post
    I already bought some GRACE to use it, but as GMI dissapeared there is no way I can use it !!!

Easy! Build a time machine, go back a few days and use your grace!

i have same ishue
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

This "feature" would only be cool if it was in realife.. going to the train terminal and find every one nude.. Epic funcom.. please dont compile your code before you have someone with proper knowledge on it..

The whole GMI design as a webserver was a very bad idea.
    Its relatively easy to hack for any skilled hacker.

What is even more important that way back when there was RK1 and RK2 servers there was at least some "logic" in this idea because it allowed trading between RK1 and RK2.
    However since server merge there is not a single logical reason to keep this architecture except laziness, incompetence and lack of skilled and experienced programmers to do it properly.

The whole GMI design as a webserver was a very bad idea.
    Its relatively easy to hack for any skilled hacker.
    By this logic every website is "relatively easy to hack"? I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, but every game I've ever played has at least a web-based store. As someone who works in the cybersecurity field I'd love to hear some elaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by whydoiplaythis View Post
    by this logic every website is "relatively easy to hack"? I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, but every game i've ever played has at least a web-based store. As someone who works in the cybersecurity field i'd love to hear some elaboration.
    qft

it would be fair if FC allow us to buy grace for credz some diferent way or direct from FC. why should we suffer if we didnt do anything wrong. or other scenariu keep acc running after supscription end till GMI will be fixed.
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

and I was thinking of resubbing... Guess not
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Quote Originally Posted by rybycka View Post
    it would be fair if FC allow us to buy grace for credz some diferent way or direct from FC. why should we suffer if we didnt do anything wrong. or other scenariu keep acc running after supscription end till GMI will be fixed.
    I certainly suggest FC go this route, to drain some of the credits in game.

with this route they drain just people. for me i wont pay real cash i spent lot of time to hunt credz legal ways. same for mi org mate what is 4 acc will gone and i believe that lot of people will do it also
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by rybycka View Post
    Funcom: This is a very valid point. Many people keep their subs going with GRACE they pay for from selling stuff in GMI. This temp closure of GMI is creating serious problems for them. You should do something to tide them over until they can get their GRACE "turned in" after GMI comes back.

I assume you can figure out which accounts would have otherwise expired on or after Feb 1st ? Yes? And keep those accounts active until the GMI is back for at least a few days or a week.

Emma
    Last edited by Emma; Feb 4th, 2017 at 18:52:17.

so i got no e-mail, no info here, and now i should be patient? i reported ingame, and via funcom support the lost of my items in GMI, after it stripped me after shuting it down. i had no chance to get them out of the gmi.
    I do not matter to equipp this on my own, but i like to have them back, cause it took me years to get this equip. So Funcom just give me that equip back, i do not borther about my creds in gmi or the missing items on sellorder, that could be the second way, just give my items back !!! And Answer your e-Mails in time... this was a form of patient to these persons you get the money from....

got an answering mail from funcom... got a ticket right now just a little awsome, with the time they need to do...
    Last edited by Rizzirevange; Feb 5th, 2017 at 21:56:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Funcom: This is a very valid point. Many people keep their subs going with GRACE they pay for from selling stuff in GMI. This temp closure of GMI is creating serious problems for them. You should do something to tide them over until they can get their GRACE "turned in" after GMI comes back.

I assume you can figure out which accounts would have otherwise expired on or after Feb 1st ? Yes? And keep those accounts active until the GMI is back for at least a few days or a week.

Emma
    Today subscription for one acc will run out tomorov another one. and about two week later will run out also 2acc org mate. but if fall one acc it will fall all.
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzirevange View Post
    so i got no e-mail, no info here, and now i should be patient? i reported ingame, and via funcom support the lost of my items in GMI, after it stripped me after shuting it down. i had no chance to get them out of the gmi.
    I do not matter to equipp this on my own, but i like to have them back, cause it took me years to get this equip. So Funcom just give me that equip back, i do not borther about my creds in gmi or the missing items on sellorder, that could be the second way, just give my items back !!! And Answer your e-Mails in time... this was a form of patient to these persons you get the money from....

got an answering mail from funcom... got a ticket right now just a little awsome, with the time they need to do...
    You should always report it through the proper channels. Petition in game or contact customer support. It's really not that difficult.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

i contacted support servise yesterday but not respond yet
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200