Thread: My filter script to stop the cred spam

My filter script to stop the cred spam

Hi folks, I've been using this script I wrote to help others filter out the credit spammers, and explain how to use the /filter command.

The great thing about filters is that they work for your entire game install, so add them once and it works for all your toons on all your accounts. No need to add on each toon.

Copy to a text file and place in your ao/scripts folder. If you dont have the scripts folder, just create it.

Code:
    How to use the <a href="text://<center><br><u>In-Game Chat Filter<br><br><u>Filter on/off</u><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter enable'>/filter enable</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter disable'>/filter disable</a><br><br><u>List current filters</u><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter list'>/filter list</a><br><br><u>Add a filter</u><br>/filter add (text)<br><br>Example filters (click to add)<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Ee][Gg][Pp][Aa][Ll]'>Add EGPAL cred spammer</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Mm][Mm][Oo][Oo][Kk]'>Add MMOOK cred spammer</a><br><br><u>Delete a single filter</u><br>/filter del (number of filter)<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 0'>delete filter 0</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 1'>delete filter 1</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 2'>delete filter 2</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 3'>delete filter 3</a><br>...etc<br><br><u>Clear ALL current filters</u><br># use with caution #<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter clear'>/filter clear</a><br>">chat filter</a> to block cred spam
    Hope this helps you and your org with the constant cred spam.

PS. the script includes the 2 text strings being filtered, so if you have the filters active, you won't be able to see the script either. So as not to annoy those who were smart enough to have filters added.
    Softi
    Last edited by Softi; Feb 2nd, 2017 at 14:49:57.

Handy. Will play with it. Couldn't use it when I was set to Neutral Newbie OOC, too big for that group, but a quick "/ch vicinity" enabled it working.

Note for others looking at it, the "/filter list" won't work until you've added a filter. Silently does nothing. Click one of the "Add" links first then use the list.

+1 for a command I knew nothing about.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Loved it.

Then I made a bad filter.

Couldn't log on any toons until I manually edits Prefs.xml

Good script, but don't create your own filters unless you know what you're doing. I'm pretty sure the pattern [Cc][Oo]/\/\ was my problem (the /\/\ being the likely culprit, betting it matched // from chat commands).

But aside from that, I loved posting this in OOC after a credit spammer. The built-in filters from the script blocked it and the script allowed other folks who didn't have the script installed to use mine. Win win.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Softi View Post
    Hi folks, I've been using this script I wrote to help others filter out the credit spammers, and explain how to use the /filter command.

The great thing about filters is that they work for your entire game install, so add them once and it works for all your toons on all your accounts. No need to add on each toon.

Copy to a text file and place in your ao/scripts folder. If you dont have the scripts folder, just create it.

Code:
    How to use the <a href="text://<center><br><u>In-Game Chat Filter<br><br><u>Filter on/off</u><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter enable'>/filter enable</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter disable'>/filter disable</a><br><br><u>List current filters</u><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter list'>/filter list</a><br><br><u>Add a filter</u><br>/filter add (text)<br><br>Example filters (click to add)<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Ee][Gg][Pp][Aa][Ll]'>Add EGPAL cred spammer</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Mm][Mm][Oo][Oo][Kk]'>Add MMOOK cred spammer</a><br><br><u>Delete a single filter</u><br>/filter del (number of filter)<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 0'>delete filter 0</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 1'>delete filter 1</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 2'>delete filter 2</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 3'>delete filter 3</a><br>...etc<br><br><u>Clear ALL current filters</u><br># use with caution #<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter clear'>/filter clear</a><br>">chat filter</a> to block cred spam
    Hope this helps you and your org with the constant cred spam.

PS. the script includes the 2 text strings being filtered, so if you have the filters active, you won't be able to see the script either. So as not to annoy those who were smart enough to have filters added.
    Softi
    I hereby award you 10 internet points for remembering how to use this poorly documented feature.
    Last edited by NotInAGuild; Feb 3rd, 2017 at 15:23:52. Reason: I must be tired...

And for anyone who gets curious, here's an old thread giving additional filter ideas.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-Filter-How-To

I found that the script is just too big to use on Arete (and Arete is being pummeled by these guys).

This script was short enough to send to Neu. Newbie OOC while still having the basic functionality:

<a href="text://Chat Filter<br><br>on/off: <a href='chatcmd:///filter enable'>ON</a> <a href='chatcmd:///filter disable'>OFF</a><br><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Ee][Gg][Pp][Aa][Ll]'>block EGPAL</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Mm][Mm][Oo][Oo][Kk]'>block MMOOK</a><br><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter list'>/filter list</a><br><br>Delete a filter<br>/filter del (# of filter)<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 0'>delete filter 0</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 1'>delete filter 1</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 2'>delete filter 2</a><br>...etc<br><br>Clear ALL filters: <a href='chatcmd:///filter clear'>/filter clear</a><br>">filter</a> to block cred spam

Only thing about the script from OP is that once you add the MMOOK and EGPAL filters it supplies you cannot see yourself posting the original script because it's being filtered
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

When I logged in today the filters I set up yesterday are no longer working. Anyone know why?

Example: https://snag.gy/y2SKPa.jpg

Edit: Seems like it was disabled so I had to do /filter enable. Do you really have to activate it every time you log on? If that's the case it's pretty retarded.
    Last edited by Avari; Feb 28th, 2017 at 21:31:01.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Shouldn't need to, mine stay active. Any chance you had a crash after enabling the first time? Have to exit the game properly to save them.

For me the problem is I use 6-7 lines for reducing combat spam. And the limit seems to be 7 filters. More than that do weird things like adding a line but deleting another or just not adding at all.

Also, easy to add egpal/mook to the text line so the script is also ignored once used:

<a href="text://Chat Filter<br><br>on/off: <a href='chatcmd:///filter enable'>ON</a> <a href='chatcmd:///filter disable'>OFF</a><br><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Ee][Gg][Pp][Aa][Ll]'>block EGPAL</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter add [Mm][Mm][Oo][Oo][Kk]'>block MMOOK</a><br><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter list'>/filter list</a><br><br>Delete a filter<br>/filter del (# of filter)<br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 0'>delete filter 0</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 1'>delete filter 1</a><br><a href='chatcmd:///filter del 2'>delete filter 2</a><br>...etc<br><br>Clear ALL filters: <a href='chatcmd:///filter clear'>/filter clear</a><br>">filter</a> to block cred egpal/mmook spam

(note: I haven't tested it on Newbie OOC, which seems to have a shorter char limit than main OOCs, but it works on the main OOCs)

If you add [.]+[Cc][Oo0] it works and doesn't filter anyone that just chats about them.

I picked these up from my friend Jez (thanks) and they seem to work really well in ICC HQ. Although I did have to /ignore the Addline guy, helpful but posting it way too often.

[Ee][Gg][Pp][Aa][Ll][ .]+[Cc][Oo0]
    [mM][mM][oO0][oO0][kK][.]+[Cc][Oo0]
    --

well, that's the thing about not adding the .co ... once you've added them you won't see anyone saying "egpal". So you won't see mine nor Addline's. Ignoring Addline is fine though (it's run by a friend).

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Have to exit the game properly to save them.
    Ah, that might be it. I think I exited with a double /quit. Weird that the filter was saved, but was left disabled in that case, though.

But thanks