Thread: Account/Store Problems

Account/Store Problems

Hi guys,
    Thought I would post this to see if anyone else has experienced this. I reactivated a subscription account about a week ago. Having a lvl 150 on the account already, and knowing how to play the game, I decided to make a second character and purchase a boost to level 60, and then perhaps 100. I noticed I was about 800 coins short of this purchase and selected the ADD button to add coins to my account. At this point a window pops up and tells me I am not logged in. What? I am actually in the game playing, but am not logged into the store apparently. Fine, I'll purchase the coins via the AO page. Nope. After entering my log in info for my account I am met with the message that it is the incorrect log in. Again, I just logged into my account via the game launcher and was playing. So back to the game launcher... Log in just fine right where I logged off. Access store, add coins, nope says I am not logged in. Super frustrated at this point I try to reset my password via the AO page. I get the email with the temp password and enter it.. nope. Does not recognize the temp password that was just sent to me. copy/paste, nope. still does not recognize the temporary password that was just sent to me. Back to the game launcher log in with new temp PW, rejected. Log in with old PW and I'm back in the game playing. So now I have a situation where I can log in and play, but the store nor the AO account log in on the page will accept my account info. To be honest, I would probably cancel my subscription at this point out of sheer frustration except for the fact I cannot access my account on the AO page.

Yes I have put in a ticket and it was auto-acknowledged 3 days ago, but I have heard nothing from a human at this point.

From what I have gathered there is an inexplicable IP ban that seems to take effect after the following (and probably more):
    -Creating an account
    -Entering an incorrect password too many times
    -Logging in too many times (INCLUDING SUCCESSFUL LOGINS)

The restriction is only temporary and seems to last around two hours after which you can once again access the page as normal. Rather than actually informing the user of this they instead opted to indicate an incorrect password was entered even if this was not the case. The couple of times this affected me I just logged in via my cellphone, bypassing the egress IP restriction and I was able to login without issue. I've always wondered how many tickets this must produce for the support team and what the rationale is behind it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyDoIPlayThis View Post
    From what I have gathered there is an inexplicable IP ban that seems to take effect after the following (and probably more):
    -Creating an account
    -Entering an incorrect password too many times
    -Logging in too many times (INCLUDING SUCCESSFUL LOGINS)

The restriction is only temporary and seems to last around two hours after which you can once again access the page as normal. Rather than actually informing the user of this they instead opted to indicate an incorrect password was entered even if this was not the case. The couple of times this affected me I just logged in via my cellphone, bypassing the egress IP restriction and I was able to login without issue. I've always wondered how many tickets this must produce for the support team and what the rationale is behind it in the first place.
    Thanks for your reply. I tried logging in for the first time today and same deal. However, Funcom has sent me an email asking for more info in order to help me out. *fingers crossed*.

Contact customer support. They'll help you and usually reply within 12 to 24 hours.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Contact customer support. They'll help you and usually reply within 12 to 24 hours.
    Thanks Avari. I did hear back from them They suggested I buy point through the Age of Conan site. That essentially went nowhere as the store on that site did not recognize my log in credentials, and any effort to log into my account via that site sends me to the AO log in page which I have failed to log into repeatedly. I

Customer service verified my login name was correct. So I once again tried to have the password reset. In minutes I received a new password to log in with, and like the others, it does not work. And of course, I can still log into the actual game and play with the old password. I never thought it would be so difficult to get a company to take my money lol.

Oh, and per the poster above I tried to access my account via the AO site through my smart phone, and got the same message that my name or password was incorrect.

As a somewhat off topic tip. Don't buy the heckler juice. They're terrible value for money. If you want to spend some rl cash to progress faster, buy a GRACE, sell it ingame and either buy equip to level the char efficiently or pay for a levelling service.

Thanks for the advice. My main reason for buying the juice was already having a fair share of the points, and not having seen anything else I would use them for.

Anyway, the problem is resolved. Apparently it is possible to have a separate log in for the account, and the game. My user name was the same for both, but the passwords were different. Customer service helped me sync up the password for each, so I am in business. Thanks all.