Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Q4 Financial Report for 2016... It's dead Jim.

Thank you FC for finally coming out and saying what many of us have suspected for a very long time now.

Subscription canceled, ty all for the fun!
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

AO is kill. Press "F" to pay respects.

F

After These Information, it makes no sense to play these game. A game without any new updates, is a dead game for me.

Btw: The Tower Exploit still exist... nothing happend since 3 Weeks now...

Subscription canceled (2 Accounts)
    Last edited by Alves; Mar 2nd, 2017 at 16:01:08.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

No official answer from Funcom to player base about the future of anarchy online?

Almost reactivated my account , thank god i didnt.
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    No official answer from Funcom to player base about the future of anarchy online?

Almost reactivated my account , thank god i didnt.
    ... you speak like you were about to step on a field mine and you didn't ...
    Well let me tell you, if you reactivate your account and the game is going "poof" you loose 2-3 burgers ... what is all the drama about ?
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    if you reactivate your account and the game is going "poof" you loose 2-3 burgers
    Damn I didn't think of it like that...

Cancelled, to keep FCs grubby paws off my burgers!

I have heard there was an electrical outage for 5 minutes at FC's CEO's house last year.
    WOE! DOOM! FC SHIP IS GOING DOWN!
    *CANCELLING ALL AO, AOC, TSW, CE ACCOUNTS*
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    I have heard there was an electrical outage for 5 minutes at FC's CEO's house last year.
    WOE! DOOM! FC SHIP IS GOING DOWN!
    *CANCELLING ALL AO, AOC, TSW, CE ACCOUNTS*
    Omg! If the CEO cant even keep the lights on in his own house, how is he going to be able to keep the servers running?
    /G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    ... you speak like you were about to step on a field mine and you didn't ...
    Well let me tell you, if you reactivate your account and the game is going "poof" you loose 2-3 burgers ... what is all the drama about ?
    its not just about that month you play when it goes down. i just got back from a cupple years away. and getting the great spirit for a game back where you are realy exited to play it is awsome. you get attached to it.
    so whats the point of comming back and get attached to it when you know one day in the maybe near future they are gonna rip that away?
    why why waste alot of hours farming twinking when the next day its not there.
    would you build a house today if you knew the bank would add 10% rents tomorrow and you would loose it?
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Nanoryl 220/19 NT NEW NAME (Nanobots)

Unisolder 126/15 sold

ThaBeast 220/xx/xx inc pvp beast

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoryl View Post
    so whats the point of comming back and get attached to it when you know one day in the maybe near future they are gonna rip that away?
    Dude, stop basing your decisions on what random internet trolls read into a single sentence in a financial report. AO is not gonna shut down next week, next month og next year. Butthurt people have been saying for more than half a decade (!) that AO was on the verge of shutting down. Guess what? They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

So stop basing your decision on some drama queens rambling on the forum. I've seen half the people with a "cancelled my subscription" forum post in-game in the past couple of days. I guess they are not quite done with the game yet, since some of them were farming credits like there's no tomorrow.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Well, as there wasn't any christmas deal for subscription, I suppose AO is likely to be shutdown this year.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Dude, stop basing your decisions on what random internet trolls read into a single sentence in a financial report. AO is not gonna shut down next week, next month og next year. Butthurt people have been saying for more than half a decade (!) that AO was on the verge of shutting down. Guess what? They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

So stop basing your decision on some drama queens rambling on the forum. I've seen half the people with a "cancelled my subscription" forum post in-game in the past couple of days. I guess they are not quite done with the game yet, since some of them were farming credits like there's no tomorrow.
    you have to look at the big picture. read the reports perhaps?
    they go indept what going on with each game. and have multible pages of each game going into whats going on and whats gonna be new.
    for AO? 4 LINES!? of basicly saying no work gonna be done on it.
    point 2. Silent devs. no monthly. no nothing.
    point 3. where are they when you need em? took them long enough to login and check the market dieing of sploits before doing anything, gonna be same now with the tower sploits.

looking forward til the March 29, 2017
    Extraordinary General Meeting...
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Unisolder 126/15 sold

you have to look at the big picture. read the reports perhaps?
    they go indept what going on with each game. and have multible pages of each game going into whats going on and whats gonna be new.
    for AO? 4 LINES!? of basicly saying no work gonna be done on it.
    point 2. Silent devs. no monthly. no nothing.
    point 3. where are they when you need em? took them long enough to login and check the market dieing of sploits before doing anything, gonna be same now with the tower sploits.

looking forward til the March 29, 2017
    Extraordinary General Meeting...
    If you read the reports back in time you'll see nothing has changed.

People are acting like it's some life-altering decision whether or not to play AO, so they endlessly fuss over the financial reports. If you search the forum you'll see that these threads have popped up for years every time a financial report is released, and you'll figure out that absolutely nothing has changed regardless of people crying wolf since 2009.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

as i stated. its all at once. not just the report. where are the montly dev updates? and im just stating my opinion. what you do is your choice
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Unisolder 126/15 sold

as i stated. its all at once. not just the report. where are the montly dev updates? and im just stating my opinion. what you do is your choice
    Monthly dev updates have been missing for 6 months, so no, it's not all at once, and incidentally it's also the same 6 months in which FC put out a hugely succesful survival game in Conan Exiles. I'm not here to make excuses, because it takes exactly 10-20 min for Michi to write an update once a month, but maybe, just maybe, he'll turn his attention to AO at some point now that the Steam stuff is going down.

You also phrased the post I quoted you on first as a question. So no, you did not just offer a statement. You also do not play the game by your own account, so what do you really know about what's going on with it?

People are acting like it's some life-altering decision whether or not to play AO, so they endlessly fuss over the financial reports. If you search the forum you'll see that these threads have popped up for years every time a financial report is released, and you'll figure out that absolutely nothing has changed regardless of people crying wolf since 2009.
    I COMPLETELY agree with the above. Personally I have accepted the fact that there will not be much (or any) additional content to the game, but I still play because I find the gameplay enjoying. I am paying a premium amount for this game time, but since I do not want to play other MMOs and fortunately able to afford the price, I keep pay2playing as long as I find it fun.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Monthly dev updates have been missing for 6 months, so no, it's not all at once, and incidentally it's also the same 6 months in which FC put out a hugely succesful survival game in Conan Exiles. I'm not here to make excuses, because it takes exactly 10-20 min for Michi to write an update once a month, but maybe, just maybe, he'll turn his attention to AO at some point now that the Steam stuff is going down.

You also phrased the post I quoted you on first as a question. So no, you did not just offer a statement. You also do not play the game by your own account, so what do you really know about what's going on with it?
    who said i dont play? been playing for 12 years. so i got a little clue whats going on..
    Rylourne 220/21 enf

Unisolder 126/15 sold

Called it, was sure that this hack was going to be the last GD of AO.

All the talk is now pointless. When the servers are taken down, the skeptics will be frustrated that they were never given credit for pointing that the game was going in the wrong direction, always downwards, while the optimists who've never seen anything out of the ordinary, not even when the population of the game shrunk to 10% to what it was during their playing time, will have no one to confess their shock to.

Now we will never know what AO might've been if Funcom would've brought professional people from outside, instead of hiring whoever was the biggest kiss-ass of his time. We will never know what AO might've become if everyone exposed Silirrion for the liar he was when he published a post-processed trailer and announced that a new engine will be coming soon. We will never know what would've happened if Means, who still had some resources, actually had any balls to experiment with changes, or if he wasn't half the time of holiday. The rest were a bunch of hacks who don't deserve a mention.

We will never know how the population of the game would've been affected if SL would've become free to play. It's a good thing some of you little persons insisted, as recently as a month ago ), that an expansion from 2003 should be kept only for yourselves, you saved the game!

We will never know what would've happened if more zones were changed to 0% suppression, if more battelstation maps were introduced, if items introduced in the past 10 years still had a wide range of QLs, or if existing bosses were reused to create new encounters, just for the sake of being new, if more new items were periodically introduced, if new xp was introduced (1 research branch in 10 years), we will never know where AO would've been if it had a real game designer, not a PR bullsh*t master, as GD. Instead of the past 10 years of limbo, I would've preferred a much shorter span, if it came after a brave attempt to turn this game around.
    Last edited by Kesher; Mar 3rd, 2017 at 22:29:42.

This thread is seriously toxic. We need official answers from FC or else people is going to assume A LOT of things and spread false rumours.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast