Thread: Hoping to achieve a level of "not completely awful" in pvp

Hoping to achieve a level of "not completely awful" in pvp

Hey all, so I know this forum is kinda.. quiet. But I come to you today to ask for some opinions/feedback/suggestions/advice.. whatever you want to call it. I'm hoping to fix my character to do a little better in PVP potentially. I don't need to be full blown, top of the pack geared, and I know there's a level of skill that comes with it that I need to learn as well, but I often get told I have a very "pvm setup" character.

Here's my equipment I've turned into an auno layout:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204627

My perks are:

Loophole Level 10
    Insurance Agent Level 1
    First Aid Level 4
    Enhance DNA Level 5
    Champion of Nano Combat Level 10
    Commanding Presence Level 10
    Bureaucratic Shuffle Level 10
    Careful in Battle Level 10
    Alien Technology Expertise Level 3

Right, so, that being said, a couple things I should say:

1.) I know I should upgrade the nanodeck to a stellar and I am working on it, I just need the Unknown Mixture and the star.

2.) I know the Troa'Ler pistol is preferred for pvp but I don't know how I would get it equipped >_>

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I really enjoy doing PVP but I frankly am very useless in a battlestation against every player I've ever encountered. I might get a few hits off but I generally go down in about 2 seconds if they pay attention to me. I've been streaming myself playing this game often lately and some people in my chat have said that crats just aren't great in PVP any more (I should also note I've not once ever seen another crat in the 20~ battlestations I've done since coming back to the game about 2 weeks ago, which is just my anecdotal experience obviously, but I thought maybe the people in my chat had a point,) but I love my character, it's my first and only 220 and I'd like to try to make him a little stronger if I can.

So any suggestions are welcome Also, like, real suggestions and feedback, not just "lol you're bad" because I'm already aware of this. Thanks! ^^
    220! Bureaucrat - I finally did it, get the camera mom!
    95 Fixer
    40 Adventurer (I WILL BE A DRAGON SOMEDAY)

I can lend you a set of css to equip your troaler if you need it. Everything else is just a work in progress for gear but as a crat you'll get pvm invites regularly. The main thing about pvp is just learning timing and when to pop which perk/Nano, it comes with time buddy!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    I can lend you a set of css to equip your troaler if you need it. Everything else is just a work in progress for gear but as a crat you'll get pvm invites regularly. The main thing about pvp is just learning timing and when to pop which perk/Nano, it comes with time buddy!
    Thank you for the offer! I actually did have a full set of css on hand before and even with that I couldn't figure out how I could get the thing equipped (I will also fully admit I am not great at twinking characters, had a lot of help from friends getting these alphas and pistols equipped ) But I really appreciate the response and will definitely try to learn the pvp rotation and mindset more, trying to find videos to watch and whatnot
    95 Fixer

I'd say you don't necessarily need the Troa'Ler. I only have it barely 100% on my Crat, this way its neither reliably good, nor fast. Sure, its an additional special that hits most of the time, but thats about it. Your Pistol AR doesn't look too high in this setup, so i would ditch the Snipers Friend in favor of a Survival Predictor, for some more def.
    Your Pistols won't push out the maindamage, its more on pets & Nukes. I Would aim for as much def as possible without hurting other parts of your toolkit. Since you're wearing alphas + scouts, i assume you're quite a bit above the nanoskill requirements you'd need, so maybe swap out the gauntback for OFAB, for some more defense aswell. (def>ofboard goes without saying, if you can get your hands on one^^)
    You also want to swap the Pure Novictum Ring for HHAB in pvp, the 500 NR is to important vs nukers/debuffers who can ignore your massive amounts of aad.

Crats overall definitly had better times before, i managed to make mine actually fun again though.
    With a fullset of Awakened armor, please don't hit me *duck*
    I can kill most things now, even agents and NTs, given i have all my stuff ready and don't **** up.

What about try a silverback mk6 setup?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    What about try a silverback mk6 setup?
    Im not sure if crat can keep even the 275 out of OE, without retarding overall setup
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

You can try have a look at this:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=187226

It's from before PoH, but it is still pretty good. As a crat you can get PoH, DB3 and Beast teams rather easy, so you can do sell runs and make a ton of credits in order to finance your stuff.

Equipping Troa'ler requires perking Pistol Mastery (SL perk) and Champion of Light Artillery (AI perk). Get rid of the Enhanced DNA, First Aid and Insurance perks as well as the AI tech. Make sure you do the alien daily, and even the ICC alien mission when it's in rotation. That way you'll get more AI perks in time. Those two perk lines will add 200 pistol skill.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Thank you for the responses everyone Some very helpful stuff here!
    95 Fixer