Thread: AMD A10-8750 = Poor performance new engine

AMD A10-8750 = Poor performance new engine

Average 15-17 Fps Everywhere. I have turned off smooth animations, fxaa, turned down all view distance to 60% or less, HQ view distance 20M, 4xaa, I know that my machine is certainly Not a gaming machine but it plays Everything really well except the game I love the most!

** Stuff my techy friends suggested I add **

Windows Version Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System Memory 12 GB
    CPU Type AMD A10-8750 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
    Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
    Memory Size 1024 MB Memory Type DDR3
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Thanks for your views, suggestions etc.

NMX

** Edit one ** I get 22-25 fps staring in the wall in a shop in rome blue.

** Edit Two ** With the new crimson drivers ( 17.7.2 ) and once again swapping to the "old" engine gets 50+ frames per second.
    Last edited by nanomagentx; Aug 8th, 2017 at 16:52:39. Reason: Clarification.

Everywhere? Even in tiny shops? That doesn't seem right.

I checked in rome blue, 22-25 fps face to the wall.
    NMX

In a shop like fair trade it should easily jump into 40s, 50s or 60s.

Like the rest of us, you're still CPU-bound. The problem being that the new engine is trying to do more than before but only one CPU gets the instructions. This is largely why the engine isn't out of beta, the core game still runs only on one thread.

Since your each of your CPU cores runs at only 3GHz normally, you get comparatively worse performance.
    And I imagine the Intel processors are executing more instructions per clock cycle, so people owning Intel CPUs would get even better performance.

The AMD APUs don't handle the new engine all that well. I have the A6-7310 with an R4, somewhat lower spec. But the new engine is really slow.
    If you switch to the old client it runs quite a lot better. With the exception of being in ICC/Arete and facing certain directions, I get 25-30FPS even with multiple clients open.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.