Thread: Deflect roundup.

Deflect roundup.

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out exactly how deflect works (since it's light green for us.) Eventually I am going to do an ip reset (since this is not something I added to, 9 years ago.)

From what I can gather, it is an occasional 50% damage mitigation, but I don't know what the rules are to get that. Does your deflect skill check against their AR? What is the Deflect % chance etc etc.

So, lay it on me: Is it worth trying to wear some deflect gear? Or are you better off just going full AAD/evades?

Does deflect compliment AAD? Or is it a completely different mechanism?

Thanks.
    Stevekeep032 --- 218/19 Atrox Keeper, Omni (Atlantean) --- Noidling

Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Hmm, only 10% chance at 3k. That's bad. at best, only 1/10 hits will deflect 50% damage. So, a 5% damage reduction if you are able to pimp it out, and if you're not pvp'ing.

Better than nothing I suppose - It all adds up.
    Stevekeep032 --- 218/19 Atrox Keeper, Omni (Atlantean) --- Noidling

If memory serves me correctly, my Keeper is sitting at ±2200 Deflect statically, so around 7%.
    It's not fantastic, but coupled with solid AAD & Evades, it can definitely aid survivability in PvP.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Deflect also behaves differently on specials. I believe deflected aimed shots basically miss altogether.
    Derishen - 220/29 Martial Artist - Setup
    Darcoben - 170/12 Adventurer - Setup

yea, if you can get near the cap, and get near enough the full reduction, you're looking at near 1/10 aimed shots not doing damage.

Considering that it's a further reduction on all incoming damage making it through WW and evasion, AS's are going to be pretty much one of the biggest threats. Reducing them by 10% is significant.