Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promotions/Demotions

Promotions/Demotions

This has probably been suggested before but I don't read this forum often...

I'd like the ability to promote/demote people while they are offline. I don't want to kick inactive officers, just take them out of officer position.
    Tiger Claw's site has changed! Please visit us at tiger-claw.net!

I concur. I hate having to actually go up to someone to demote/promote. I can't just write on a document "ok that person is up/down in rank now"?
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

a good idea.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Let's say a "IF not online for the last 30 days, THEN eligible for offline demotion" would be perfect.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Quote Originally Posted by Fili
    Let's say a "IF not online for the last 30 days, THEN eligible for offline demotion" would be perfect.
    Why 30 days?
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

It can be any set amount days really, but since most people don't go on vacations for more than 2-3 week stretches, 30 days could be an ok limit.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Quote Originally Posted by Fili
    It can be any set amount days really, but since most people don't go on vacations for more than 2-3 week stretches, 30 days could be an ok limit.

This could be an org rule, but the function itself should be available at any time.

Currently you can technically KICK someone from an org regardless if he is online or offline. It is much more serious than demoting/promoting! So let's give org leaders the possibility to manage ranks of offline people.

This is especially necessary in org governing forms like Republic, for example, where the number of advisors is limited to ten. If you need a new advisor because some old ones are not online for a while and all the spots are taken, your only solution is to kick the old ones from the org. Not very friendly... imagine their feelings the day they come back! Better be able to demote them to member.

Also, it is much more convenient to be able to promote someone offline, so you don't have to stay awake until he logs on!

Note that this would also us to remotely promote or demote people, and this could be helpful too.

Yes, this would be nice to be able to do.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

bumping back into the light. orgs would like to be able to /demote someone a rank or two without having that person online withOUT having to resort to /org kick to make room for officer ranks.

*nudge*
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

bump for /org promote/demote <Name>

great idea. much better than resetting ranks and having to re-promote everyone, or having to kick people to free up advisor spots.
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Bump for a good idea, might be good to be able to set an excuse like (Inactive) or such and such

Bump for a good idea!

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

They should make like a Interface with an overview over all the org members, where you could see members last logon, how long they have been active in the org. Stuff like that. Something like the guild roster on the AO site. But with the option to promote/demote, give cash to, and so on.
    Make it a terminal in the board room in hq or something.. that the officers in the org has access to.

Get the organizations abit more organized.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by normed
    They should make like a Interface with an overview over all the org members, where you could see members last logon, how long they have been active in the org. Stuff like that. Something like the guild roster on the AO site. But with the option to promote/demote, give cash to, and so on.
    Make it a terminal in the board room in hq or something.. that the officers in the org has access to.

Get the organizations abit more organized.

Best idea I've read today. Guild management should be easier.
    Earandir - Mocker Capo Bastone - The Mockers
    Morghana - An Original RK2 Fixer (Quasi-retired)

hell yeah.huge bumpz0r for Org interface booth.Should b another nice feature to Org HQ.
    "The only difference between me and a madman is that i´m not mad."-Salvador Dali.

Guelsol Proud Member of Inner Monkey

At OOC
    Guelz: Dammit! Is the max IQ required for a free account set at 85?
    Freeaccountn00bX:No...You can go to 200 on a free account.

Bump for lazy presidents that dont want to travel half a world to promote someone... I'd love to extend this and be able to write a promo/demo log in HQ. Preferably with spray-paint - whats a decent anarchy without excess of graffiti?!

Actually, I mean - it is a nice idea...
    Vaalena o'Vipersting
    AO through my looking glass: opatl, odam, sfl

All righty then... I will keep my dark humour for brighter people.

Quote of the moment: "We put FU in FUN" Agent Arlanon

Yes, yes, yes!
    Rimor server ftw! I left AO years ago and recently came back.
    Nobody dies on the Insidious Doctor Fu Manchu's team, nobody!
    I, the Doctor, decide who lives and dies, not some mob."
    Dispensing quality information for years now:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciggie View Post
    man thanks for the info ure my new idol.

Bump for a great idea.
    SdKfz182
    Omni Enforcer lvl 43/3
    Formerly Vhaal and Ghilson
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

BUMB! This is needed in orgs at the moment.
    Marquis "Howky" Herada,
    First Enlightened Neutral Supreme Creator in RK1 &
    Proud Member of Elite Operations, also visit our Homepage .

Socializer 60%, Killer 53%, Achiever 46% & Explorer 40%

An easy solution for smaller orgs is already there in essence though at the moment. A quick change of governing form to something else then back again completely resets all your ranks excluding that of President/Leader.

This would then allow active members to be repromoted and those who are not active to be of starting rank.

It doesnt really give a good solution for larger organisations out there, I do agree that a new command for lowering the rank if someone has been inactive for x number of months would be a good idea; but for smaller orgs wanting to have a look at restructuring please take this as a heads up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast