Thread: The best Idea I have for balancing tl2 pvp (nerf enfo)

The best Idea I have for balancing tl2 pvp (nerf enfo)

Since the 18.7 patch nerfed traders (rightfully so, and a reasonable amount for tl2) as well as the JAME assault rifle and Neleb's nightmare battlerod, the balance between Traders and Enforcers as a stable pvp meta has been completely thrown off. now we are seeing more and more agents and thus soldiers enter the pvp battlefield, and this is good, however there is one major elephant in the room: Enforcers. As one of the already pvp dominant classes in tl 1-3 and beyond to a lesser extent, enforcer received a series of changes that ultimately buffed the enforcer by giving them more HP and a Charge! nano in exchange for a small amount of nano resist and self healing, not to mention it's main competitor in pvp (the trader) is being seen less and less.

My suggestion is rather simple: raise the speed of mortiig beaters from 1.0/1.0 to 2.0/1.5. This would do the following:
    1. Force enforcer players to either play with 1/1 speed and sacrifice nano resist by going full aggressive on the slider, or sacrifice speed for more nano resist.
    2. double the fast attack special recharge

It doesn't make sense that the highest damaging weapon option at this level range is locked exclusively to the premier tank and nano-resister. It breaks the meta and forces all of the other classes out of pvp because there is no counter. If enforcers had to actually choose between the highest static NR and the highest possible DPS then there would be some possible counterplay.

Other ideas:
    Make the challenger nanoline break/override rage - this would make players have to choose between extreme AR and damage or raise runspeed/NR/inits. speed or power. You could still have both, just not at the same time. just like the above suggestion. The only problem with this is I'm not sure how it would impact tl7, where I've heard enforcers are not in the absolute best spot like they are at tl1-3.

I believe these nerfs will add more interactivity to the enforcer and require the user to actually think about the abilities they are using in a fight.

P.S. Also while were here, I think you went a little too hard on the old JAME blaster. reducing it to the power of a nelebs rod was a bit harsh! I would raise it by 50 damage in both min and max. the requirements are still very high, and it would still be a huge nerf from the original stats. (200-450 to 125-380, rather than 75-330 as it is now). The wombo of the trader nerf combined with the JAME nerf really put traders out of luck.
    Last edited by Blazeit420; Apr 27th, 2017 at 21:39:48.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

good luck, we've been wanting this(Enfo(and to a lesser extent, Trader) nerf specifically at low levels...did not read the rest, sorry :'( ) since well...a decade or more, I guess...omg, maybe longer! lol
    Last edited by RedWatr; Apr 27th, 2017 at 21:58:45.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeit420 View Post
    Since the 18.7 patch nerfed traders (rightfully so, and a reasonable amount for tl2) as well as the JAME assault rifle and Neleb's nightmare battlerod, the balance between Traders and Enforcers as a stable pvp meta has been completely thrown off. now we are seeing more and more agents and thus soldiers enter the pvp battlefield, and this is good, however there is one major elephant in the room: Enforcers. As one of the already pvp dominant classes in tl 1-3 and beyond to a lesser extent, enforcer received a series of changes that ultimately buffed the enforcer by giving them more HP and a Charge! nano in exchange for a small amount of nano resist and self healing, not to mention it's main competitor in pvp (the trader) is being seen less and less.

My suggestion is rather simple: raise the speed of mortiig beaters from 1.0/1.0 to 2.0/1.5. This would do the following:
    1. Force enforcer players to either play with 1/1 speed and sacrifice nano resist by going full aggressive on the slider, or sacrifice speed for more nano resist.
    2. double the fast attack special recharge

It doesn't make sense that the highest damaging weapon option at this level range is locked exclusively to the premier tank and nano-resister. It breaks the meta and forces all of the other classes out of pvp because there is no counter. If enforcers had to actually choose between the highest static NR and the highest possible DPS then there would be some possible counterplay.

Other ideas:
    Make the challenger nanoline break/override rage - this would make players have to choose between extreme AR and damage or raise runspeed/NR/inits. speed or power. You could still have both, just not at the same time. just like the above suggestion. The only problem with this is I'm not sure how it would impact tl7, where I've heard enforcers are not in the absolute best spot like they are at tl1-3.

I believe these nerfs will add more interactivity to the enforcer and require the user to actually think about the abilities they are using in a fight.

P.S. Also while were here, I think you went a little too hard on the old JAME blaster. reducing it to the power of a nelebs rod was a bit harsh! I would raise it by 50 damage in both min and max. the requirements are still very high, and it would still be a huge nerf from the original stats. (200-450 to 125-380, rather than 75-330 as it is now). The wombo of the trader nerf combined with the JAME nerf really put traders out of luck.
    Trader can get dog of war on at 30... I agree to some extent on enforcer though. Agent on the other hand is stupid op at tl2 if you don't mind 2hrs of buffing.

Quote Originally Posted by kabulla View Post
    Trader can get dog of war on at 30... I agree to some extent on enforcer though. Agent on the other hand is stupid op at tl2 if you don't mind 2hrs of buffing.
    Slightly off topic, but one of the best things they could have ever done for lowbie PvP is level lock the drains pre tl5. Traders would still get better weapons on but not reduce most profs to unusable. (Pet profs may as well just sit and /terminate)

This whole section of the forums is kinda pointless now that they halted development though.

TL2.... the last title level where agents dont outclass any other profession. Oh wait...
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Tyralyon View Post
    This whole section of the forums is kinda pointless now that they halted development though.
    Tru tru