Thread: I miss AO.

I miss AO.

Having paid for 18 months last time... My sub is over. My total time without a day unsubbed was maybe 8 years... And now I cannot log in.

Not that I logged in last year. At best I played 10-12 days in my last year of sub. Sooo why then do I miss AO?

I don't have time to play or content to replay.. But I do miss it.

I miss being able to log in on my paid account, chilling in org chat, seeing people around.

I dont sub anymore, because well last year I didn't play much... Or rather used less than 5% of my gametime.

10-15h for 100€. Geez.

But I do miss the game. I write this for many people out there who miss AO, who miss life when they were a part of it.

Good hunting all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Simple solution, you can play with a froob account. This should be enough for what you want.
    Wenn du nur lang genug in den Abgrund schaust, schaut der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. - Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!
    Lt. Col. John Sheppard: "Und sie ...verteidigen diese Position!"
    Dr. Rodney McKay: "Ich hab nur ein Messer, wer bin ich, MacGyver?"

Yeah. I have several, so I did that once.. But it is just not the same.

Maybe I can finally finish my froob projects now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I miss you too.

Hell, I even miss myself ingame...

I miss the old AO, straight from the go AO
    Chop up the soul AO, set on it's goals AO

I miss the days when people where not lazy. But i do miss "Lazy" running raids..

I'm letting my paid account freeze too. I don't log on much any more. I'll check in with my froobs sometimes.

I'm looking for another MMO...another science fiction one that is. Been finally getting into TSW but while parts are cool it's not quite working. Might give ESO a try even though it's fantasy.

You can give EvE a try or SWtoR if you like Star Wars. But AO is not comparable.
    Wenn du nur lang genug in den Abgrund schaust, schaut der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. - Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!
    Lt. Col. John Sheppard: "Und sie ...verteidigen diese Position!"
    Dr. Rodney McKay: "Ich hab nur ein Messer, wer bin ich, MacGyver?"

Played EvE briefly. gorgeous, skills and hardware very cool, hated the combat. If it was more like Fractured Space then I'd do it. FS is just 5v5 only...WoT in Space.

I've been playing FFXIV a bit, which is mostly fantasy, but it does have some sci-fi-ish elements. The Allagan Empire had a lot of tech that combined magic and science way in the past (in the game's storyline). Stuff like airships, floating cities, but you don't really find this stuff until towards the end of Heavensward, so upper-50s out of 70 levels.