Thread: Map problems

Map problems

Hi, I'm back in the game after a long hiatus. Having trouble with my maps. When I select Planet Map, I have only three choices: Saavicks, Doves and default.
    When I go to SL, i get an error loading shadowlandsmap.txt

The folder Shadowlands is in the planetmap folder

Also I have tried installing other maps in folders in C:/Funcom/Anarchy Online/cd_image/textures/PlanetMap The folders are there but they dont show up when I use select map. Only the same three choices.

Saavicks works great on RubiKa but I need a SL map to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://rubi-ka.net/bitnykk/

That's the one I've got going.

Edit: You know, if anyone's got some of the older maps on their installation directories, perhaps we could get them sent over to the AOU people and see if they might host them? bitnykk is <3, but choice would be yay.
    Last edited by Redtricks; Sep 15th, 2017 at 06:24:49.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

This method (other than the download location) still working.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJmyp3MRwxQ
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Those are the instructions I followed. Doesn't work for me :-/ Still no choices other than the three and still error loading shadowlands map :-/

That's peculiar.

Maybe this thread and this particular post by bitnykk might be of use? I was just poking around my own map folder and wondering if I should zip and share my SL map folders with you and see if that helps, and walked face first into the readme file that had the link to this thread:

https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...=1#post6226220
    Last edited by Redtricks; Sep 16th, 2017 at 00:59:17. Reason: Additional information
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

If you still want to have default SL map available :
    I'd advice reinstall game as first fix trial, as it might just be deletion or wrong copy.
    After that, if still bugged, i'd say check folders rights according to your Win/Nux version.

If you don't care and want any SL map :
    I'd suggest you install mine wich is (afaik) most uptothedate existing. You have all steps @
    rubi-ka.net/bitnykk (or in the readme) ; if still buggy, try game reinstall and then rights.

Don't give up, normal state is working for everyone, no reason you'd be an exception
    Last edited by bitnykk; Sep 17th, 2017 at 10:56:25. Reason: styles
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Radula View Post
    Those are the instructions I followed. Doesn't work for me :-/ Still no choices other than the three and still error loading shadowlands map :-/
    Be completely sure you only have a single folder after unzipping and that should be AoSL there should be no folder within that folder only THESE FILES

AoSL.bin
    AoSL.txt
    AoSL_MapCoords.xml
    Readme.txt

Drive (where ever you have AO installed) and then = \Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\planetmap\AoSL - if there is another folder with the files inside of the AoSL folder, then it won't show up as an option in game.
    If this is what you find, move the files back into the AoSL folder and delete the other folder.

This seems to what trips people up as when someone zips the map files to share, it creates an additional folder on un-zipping.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Sep 18th, 2017 at 15:19:39.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

What Caloss explained is for AoSL map files, wich are now about 7 years old. For the latest, the explanation is the same, but the folder name's "SLmap" and it contains :

Readme.txt
    SLmap.bin
    SLmap.txt
    SLmap.xml

(Wide version, for large screen, is almost the same but with "SLmapWide" within filenames instead).

Hope you'll fix it
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE