Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Green Cloaks Meeting

  1. #21


    Next meeting is coming up in a few weeks!

    Green Cloaks Meeting

    What: Out-of-character meeting for players active or interested in AO RP. Meeting is open to all factions and level ranges.

    When: Saturday March 3rd. Meeting starts at 18:00 GMT, please try and arrive 10-15 min early. After-party with GSP will start at 19:00 GMT.

    Where: Reet's Retreat, in the fireplace room.



    Meeting Agenda
    • If you have suggestions for the agenda, please post in this thread or feel free to PM or e-mail me.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  2. #22
    GCM Full logs for March 3, 2018

    Summary:
    • Nothing new on the locking down the CoT tower front.
    • An RP bot to announce events in General channel is in the works, and will be tested soon.
    • One more stand-alone Clan RP event is in the works, more news when details are settled. ARK and Omni side have much random plotting behind the scenes, so look for stuff happening!


    Pt. 1
    Hilfy: Ok, then first point.
    Hilfy: We postponed the idea of locking the CoT tower until we see who the speaker is. As we have no Zagadka or Kittie with us today, anyone else have news on that front?
    Hilfy: I'm guessing that falls to our lovely ARK reps to comment on.
    Mmir: Ophyr? Sywyyn?
    Sywyyn: Nothing new to report that I've heard on that front, unfortunately
    Mmir: I've heard nothing
    Ophyr: Got nothing to add on that..
    Hilfy: nods "Ok, moving on then."

    Pt. 2
    Hilfy: Next up and again falling to ARK, the RP info bot or something. We've been bumping this idea around for a while now, any progress on the RP notice bot?
    Sywyyn: Ooh, yes!
    Sywyyn: This one is mine
    Hilfy: claps
    Sywyyn: I have a module that will announce events in the OOC Channels, but I need to test where the farthest reaching area is first.
    Hilfy: I can volunteer to run out to all corners of Ka if that helps.
    Sywyyn: I am waiting on final approval to include players with the ability to add events to the notice before rolling up the bot
    Mmir: That is good news
    Sywyyn: Really what I need to see is: if you enter the grid from ICC and speak in, say Clan OOC; how far does that reach? Does it go to OA and Tir or just ICC?
    Leileena: It'll go to ICC / Newland / Borealis
    Sywyyn: Once I have finished that testing and received the final approval then I will get the bot going
    Leileena: The grid doesn't have it's own OOC zone, so it takes whichever last one you were in, which is the neutral cities one
    Sywyyn: That might be good enough, though I'd like for it to reach OA somehow if I could
    Lessthan13: RPNet used a members list and /tell notifications. That proved fairly effective on Rimor and might also work in this future system.
    Sywyyn: Will have to test, but the module is there and it works, so progress!
    Sywyyn: nods
    Hilfy: Awesome.
    Leileena: If you want to reach the clan and/or omni OOC ranges as well you'll probably need multiple bot chars with a relay function somehow
    Mmir: If you can't get it to work in OA ...
    Mmir: Ah, as Leileena succinctly put!
    Sywyyn: nods
    Hilfy: It would be nice to reach all faction's ooc channels.
    Mmir: Aye
    Gimpyline: yuå
    Sywyyn: That will add to the complexity, but might be possible. I will look into relays after the first bot is up and running, though
    Hilfy: nods
    Sywyyn: I know that a lot of Omni are in Borealis or ICC, so that might work there, but there are a lot of Clan players in OA and Tir
    Mmir: something like this is a big revival
    Mmir: beats my Shadowgates!
    Gimpyline: There is also alot of Omni players in Rome, but I think most hangs around in Newland and ICC
    Lessthan13: Guess I'll turn off the pi I moved the RPNet code too now
    Lessthan13: laughs
    Sywyyn: If RPNet is up and running, we might be able to incorporate this into there instead or as well. We'll have to test and see what works best
    Lessthan13: It's not really running yet, moved the code over but its from like 2007. Would need some shoehorning.
    Lessthan13: Not jiving with PHP7, etc
    Sywyyn: If we can help, let us know. I'm using Budabot for this new bot, but I imagine the modules can be converted if need be
    Mmir: You folks completely lose me with this bot programming
    Hilfy: nods
    Hilfy: I think we can leave Sy and 12 to figure it out. Glad to hear there is progress on this. :D
    Sywyyn: nods
    Lessthan13: 12 :|
    Hilfy: Well, it's less than 13.
    Hilfy: Anything else regarding bots before we move on?

    Pt. 3
    Hilfy: Ok. Stand alone RP events.
    Hilfy: I've run out of ideas for Omni, or cross-faction events. If someone has something they'd like to run that would be awesome. Clan side, might try a dinner party at the Happy Rebel, maybe we can tie that in with the new CoT speaker somehow, like a Meet and Greet?
    Hilfy: We do now have a whole TWO Omnis so that may help in starting up thing on Omni side. :D
    Gimpyline: hehe
    Lessthan13: It only takes 3 to defeat the Cybermen
    Gimpyline: I still cant play much, so one and a half. A few weeks more and the shoulder should hopefully be ok again
    Hilfy: I'll send an e-mail to ARK latter to brainstorm and see what could be done with a meet and greet.
    Hilfy: Oi. Glad to hear that Gimpi!
    Mmir: nods
    Sywyyn: I would like to say that Omni RP has been on our radar for a bit, so we would love to see ideas come from that side
    Hilfy: I have RP characters and an org there, but since I'm supposed to be Clan rep it feels a bit odd to be jumping in with Omni stuff. >.>
    Lessthan13: I'm still a flywheel right now. I have an idea I am working on, but not sure how to engage :)
    Lessthan13: Was hoping Tyma was going to show up.
    Hilfy: There is a forum post for stand alone events, feel free to add things in to draw people in.
    Gimpyline: Ine thing there I would love to see is a event at Rosses portrait in galaway.Some kind of memory thing of the old great days
    Lessthan13: One of them CR Arks moved my RP Thread over, so I can try to do that again. Just going out of town on Business for a week starting tomorrow.
    Hilfy: The Art auction we had earlier this year was an awesome success. We had a few of the non-regular RPers pop in.
    Leileena: nods
    Hilfy: nods, "I saw that. Cool."
    Hilfy: I've been low on AO play time. Trying to keep computer time to minimum while waiting for nerves to stop acting up, but you can always message me on forums or Discord.

    Pt. 4
    Hilfy: Ok, if nothing more for events. Last one from me!
    Hilfy: I've heard a rumour that AO forums may be changing to the new FC forums format. Do we have any ideas on whom to poke for suggestions? I think the RP section could be better organized if it were to get a whole new forum.
    Sywyyn: Last I heard there was no set timeline for AO to be moved, but it is coming
    Mmir: I've heard it's in the pipeline, that's all.
    Hilfy: nods
    Hilfy: Hopefully they don't forget to include an RP section. :P
    Sywyyn: With the move, we're hoping to get more moderator access for some more ARKs, including those present, for RP and OOC forums


    Misc.
    Hilfy: Awesome. That was all for the agenda. Anyone have anything else to add? We have 20 min before the GSP party. ��
    Mmir: Just from me ..
    Mmir: I'm working on some ideas which involve aliens a little more. I'm also interested in a new type of Cyborg and some work with Mechs
    Mmir: I'm quite keen to get a different angle on the Aliens rather than just kill and defend
    Mmir: anyone remember the alien forward base they set up back along?
    Mmir: all factions headed over to take it down
    Mmir: Anyway. Done :)
    Hilfy: smiles
    Gimpyline: I think I remember something ages ago, but I dont remember the details
    Hilfy: Cool, will that be the random anounced events or a longer story arc?
    Mmir: Might have to rummage for some screenies and repost :(
    Leileena: I remember there were a couple of them, one of them outside Newland city
    Mmir: longer story really. I want to find a different Hive
    Mmir: if there is one
    Hilfy: cheers, "Sounds neat, look forwards to it."
    Hilfy: looks around. "Anything else? If not, wer're done early and can dress pretty for the party."
    Lessthan13: In the Discord , before, You all were talking about the Omegas before. Where does that currently stand? In brainstorming, I find it difficult to plan as an Omni when such a cloud looming.
    Mmir: Ophyr?
    Mmir: sec, conferring
    Lessthan13: Sure. I have a plan, Just want to make sure it jives before I pop off with it.
    Mmir: hmm, seems there is still a lot of unknown mystery with the Omegas
    Mmir: Would be fun to see it :)
    Lessthan13: They're technically still, largely, an unknown entity as far as the storyline and outside actors are concerned, right?
    Mmir: Ophyr?
    Lessthan13: What I mean is, SOL doesn't know they're here and are about to invade and junk.
    Lessthan13: something like that would complicate my situation.
    Lessthan13: Make me need to change directions.
    Hilfy: There was an ARK story line a while back where the Omega was revealed, was there not? If I recall it involved Tombak and that unknown virus that was going around.
    Gimpyline: Its a bit strange that Max haven't poped up or atleast left a word after his dubble ganger was killed
    Mmir: We need to do some research so we can pop this on the next agenda?
    Hilfy: nods, "Ok. Putting "Omega issues." on next agenda."
    Mmir: We've been working in a slightly different direction so it's good to step back and check
    Hilfy: Next GCM will be in May.
    Lessthan13: That's fine. I'll keep moving forward, since it's at such a slow pace anyway. If we need to abort in the future I can do so.
    Mmir: I'm sure we can work with you on this
    Lessthan13: I am sure. I will PM you my SUPER SECRET DOCUMENT
    Lessthan13: And you can review it
    Mmir: looks up in horror
    Mmir: Sure!
    Mmir: grins
    Gimpyline: Just remember that you have to eat it after you read it
    Gimpyline: So it dont fall in to wrong hands
    Mmir: Sywyyn can eat it, he's bigger than me
    Mmir: um, or it is
    Sywyyn: hehe
    Mmir: oh
    Hilfy: How dfdo you eat it if it's emailed, do you have to eat the whole lap top or do you print it off?
    Mmir: giggles
    Gimpyline: Yes, thats how we do it on Omni side
    Last edited by Hilfy; Mar 5th, 2018 at 15:28:00. Reason: Formatting text. :)
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  3. #23


    Next meeting coming up in May!

    Green Cloaks Meeting

    What: Out-of-character meeting for players active or interested in AO RP. Meeting is open to all factions and level ranges.

    When: Saturday May 5th. Meeting starts at 18:00 GMT, please try and arrive 10-15 min early. After-party with GSP will start at 19:00 GMT.

    Where: Fireplace Room in Reet's Retreat. (Whom-Pah from Borealis to Stret West, and run to the big building in the centre.)



    Meeting Agenda
    • TBD
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •