Thread: Why is there no new professions?

Why is there no new professions?

I've been wondering for a while why there are no new professions? Did the people who make professions all left and nobody can take over?
    Making a few new professions (and even weapons!) and giving a free month to old users ( like you did before ) would boost the activity of this game by a big margin.
    Please consider this, as I really wanna play again but nothing's drawing me in except the nostalgia of a GREAT game.

They've quit development for the game ages ago, plus hard enough for them to even balance the current professions.

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

Honestly can't see why you'd want a new prof. If there's not enough variety in what's already on offer in AO I don't think you'll ever find a game that has.

Sure, certain profs share lines and similar traits, but AO goes far beyond the usual holy trinity and unlike most games there's no "must have setup".

Was literally just talking to an org mate last night about a 2he trox NT I once rolled. Would it work at endgame? Probably not. Was it fun in the level ranges I set out to experiment with? More so than most MMOs will ever even permit.