Thread: Want to come back if they fix balance issues, any others?

Want to come back if they fix balance issues, any others?

Is there any other unactive like me that check the forum for any news about updates?
    if the response were good in a thread maybe funcom would care to invest some time.

You are a n00b, even with the rebalance you still will be a n00b, just come back and l2p man, game still fun enough! Hahaha <3

I wish FC invest some time to fix and change some things, with a real rebalance and some development and support game will be great again.
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Realy, you burning me becose i did a Gr 99 solo today in diablo?
    i see your witch doctor only did a 95... lol!
    you the best thou <3

When Fc invest time on balance i be back 100%.
    it is like 1 week of work to balance this game further, i would asume it give more income when people sub to check it out, it is a win situation for funcom.
    they invested milions on the conan exiles flop, what would it hurt to invest like 10-20k on anarchy online that would get paid back to the company from subs.

http://pr.funcom.com/pressreleases/c...stment-2336799

Funcom has secured a $10.6 million investment from SwedBank Robur Fonder AB. The studio said that it will use these funds to establish publishing partnership with developers and create more games internally. The bank said that it sees this deal as “a new giant leap in Funcom’s turnaround.”
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Mar 4th, 2018 at 23:57:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    if the response were good in a thread maybe funcom would care to invest some time.
    oh man my sides. ������

I still can't figure out why Funcom abandoned AO development.
    Concept is still unique and very entertaining. With appropriate development and improvement this game could rock'n'roll hardcore just as it did in mid 2000ish.
    It may require lots of things to change, it may require brand new apperoach to make it profitable, yeah, but god damn - it will rock.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    I still can't figure out why Funcom abandoned AO development.
    Concept is still unique and very entertaining. With appropriate development and improvement this game could rock'n'roll hardcore just as it did in mid 2000ish.
    It may require lots of things to change, it may require brand new apperoach to make it profitable, yeah, but god damn - it will rock.
    Simple. The code base is ancient, requires a specialized development environment and tools that are so out of sync with what they use for their other games that people have to be specially trained to work on AO. No one left at FC understands the AO code and the code itself is so poorly written that fixing one thing breaks two or more seeming unrelated things. The game was never profitable enough to justify rewriting it, or making AO2, and FC (who has been teetering on the brink of bankruptcy for quite a while now) really should be investing their resources into new games that might make some real money. While it's true that AO is still making money, that amount is so small that it doesn't even merit a boot note in the company financial reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    Simple. The code base is ancient, requires a specialized development environment and tools that are so out of sync with what they use for their other games that people have to be specially trained to work on AO. No one left at FC understands the AO code and the code itself is so poorly written that fixing one thing breaks two or more seeming unrelated things. The game was never profitable enough to justify rewriting it, or making AO2, and FC (who has been teetering on the brink of bankruptcy for quite a while now) really should be investing their resources into new games that might make some real money. While it's true that AO is still making money, that amount is so small that it doesn't even merit a boot note in the company financial reports.
    Tl;dr: dedgaem

anarchy online remasterd where codes and engine worked propperly should have a spot in the market. this is a unique mmo that isnt a copy of any other mmo's.

conan exiles is a copy of Ark basicly with a other theme, funcom wont make money out of games by trying to copy other games.
    the game they invested so much in isnt even on steam top 100 most playd games.

but to continue this thread, they still have our ''anarchy online game director'' in funcom, hes just not working on it.
    to allow him to balance the game and dont give a damn about anything else for 1 month would problabe give funcom a profit for doing so.
    i am pretty sure we talk about 2-3k+ resubs easy if funcom would bother to invest.
    in the end i asume money is money and why decline a potensial profit?

Honestly, I don't see many new MMOs coming out to the market. People moved on to FPS, MOBA and Apps.

AO will never rise again, I say this with a tear in my eye because I grew up with this game. I invested thousands of hours and a lot of money. The game is ancient, people want fancy graphics and a easy learning curve. You won't find this in AO.

I still have hopes though....
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

pretty much evryone waits for the right online mmorpg game to kill world of warcraft.
    people dont want to invest houers into new mmo's that will die out within a year, but all of the old mmo's like ao has core people that will stick to the games they grew up with.
    look at guild wars and final fantasy and star wars online those 3 isnt top games, they lost players drasticly just like anarchy online, the only diffrence is that funcom didnt listen to the community and kept going their way and beeing totaly ignorant.
    the 3 other mmo's i mentiond runs very well today becose they did the exact oposit of funcom.
    we had huge xploits when we still had a solid playerbase where funcom did nothing but watch, after 3-4 mounths on the DM nuke xploit funcom tok first step by removing the dm, wich should been done on day one when it was reported, actions like this is what is sad to think about, becose i am so sure anarchy online would still have a high number of subscribers if funcom could bother to care a littlebit.

but i still belive that anarchy online has a chanse to earn funcom more money if they invest a littlebit of time into balance on professions or even just do a total rollback on the balance patch.
    i would kinda just do the last option and make perks and skill work exactly like they did before. keep the new playfields etc and maybe consider to remove the complete heal on awaken set or force people to use absolutly evry single awaken part to cast complete heal.