Thread: Lowbie Fixer Weapons (lvls 15-50)

Lowbie Fixer Weapons (lvls 15-50)

I started a lowbie fixer twink and I was wondering what would be the best weapons for him. He is currently level 16 and I plan on making him lvl 50-100 max.

thanks for any help!
    ========================================
    Plaastik - 208 Soldier RK1
    Siphonx - 209 Shade RK1 (setup)
    member of *Synergy Factor*
    =====my karma ran over j00 dogma=============

If it's not a froobie, you want a pbeamer. Next time use search function
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

AO Classic: Kerans (blitzable) or Gamma Ejector (lvl 41+ req from Foreman's) [I switched back to a QL130ish Kerans at lvl 71 for better damage after Gamma Ejector]. It used to be recommended to move to a Mausser Chemical Streamer when you could equip a QL150ish because your Ranged Init would be high enough to make it faster. After that, Manex Catastrophe when Ranged Init was very high.

Another option for AO Classic is the Blackbird series from the Crypt of Home. Can't remember the reqs for a QL100 and when you might be able to get that on. I think folks were dualling Blinded Blackbirds (QL105) at about lvl 125-130.

SL: Perennium Beamer (QL50+, fairly expensive: 10M? or buy parts for 3-4 million?)
    Last edited by Cove; Jan 12th, 2005 at 21:07:38.
    RK1 ~Knights Templar~ General
    Goonn, 207 Fixer
    Mairibeth, 182 ENG // Revcove, 182 MP
    Koave, 135 ADV // Noaille, 145 Agent

Gaute Godager: There is no camping in Shadowlands.
    Phazeblyght: So... no camping in SL... that means people 'get a room'

What's the opinion on the Sleekblaster Classics? My fixer is at L46 (PvE soloer with no org to help) and dual weilding QL 73 and QL 78 versions. It seems like all of the "regular" SMGs don't do diddly-squat for damage by comparison. There is the RE requirement, but the IPs vs. weapon damage thing seems to be a fair tradeoff.

For a dual wielding froobie Sleekblaster Classics are still ok at low level imo. Also, Russian Good Days got fixed some time ago.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

i'm a huge Kerans fan. i'd still use one if i could find one at a QL i could use. they seem to stop rolling after a certain level. love the sound, love the look, and like the damage. OT Kerans all the way!
    Proud Member of First Order
    FOset, Fixer, Atlantean

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    'The Bench' (which has now passed into standard office lingo btw ) has been saved.

I have a 200 Kerans on Rimor.

Anyway, Russian Good Days do well also.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Kerans are great for a AO classic player. I still reccomend them. if your omni..you can even buy them in a omni shop terminal up to Ql 120ish or so. I stil get plenty on missiosn for rewards and loot drops too. Fast lil bastards and do "poison" dmg...whic allot of lowbies and many mobs in Rk have big gaping holes in.

Chem mausser nto too bad...gives nice alpha hit..but slow unless you get decent RI skills.

Gamma another good one (but for limited level ranges).

I myself back in the darkages used Sleemasters...were nice weapons..but a IP whore if you wanted to use 2 high Ql ones and try to use GA.

Lisht Surpressors are like Sleekmaster upgrades..uses same skils..better dmg spread..but again..IP intensive. usually mission drop..nto seen one in a mish terminal ever.

if ye got shadowlands...yeah ye can get a perwennium blue dildo....but I hate those damn thigns with a passion.screams out "uber twink n00b" most times./ ive made a few lowbie fixer alts..kitted them out with somethign liek a kerans smg (twinked Ql) and have hosed down perennium users in the past.

blackbirds are also a slick niiiiice weapon..and not one used allot. Good one to get...can be used a surprisingly long time.

Hell I even used a Voidspiner and its mate form the cyborg barracks in Tir was nice back in the dark ages to use burst anf flingshot (each weapon had one special..one also did fire..other did cold). crap crap guns now...wish they update them or allow us to upgrade those.....

course if your lookign for a cheap lowbie weapon to give ye lots of alphas ....get ye a pair of Kang Tao smgs!!! ubah!!! fFullauto!!!!111oneoen!!

(just kidding
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx
    course if your lookign for a cheap lowbie weapon to give ye lots of alphas ....get ye a pair of Kang Tao smgs!!! ubah!!! fFullauto!!!!111oneoen!!

(just kidding
    Hey! I used those as a newbie! They weren't that ba... Well, actually they sucked pretty bad even back then.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

So if you have SL, do you think PB's are the way to go? I'm lvl 77 using a 130 PB, and I have to admit, i'm pretty happy, but is there something better?

just wonder for those who doesnt have SL/AI why dont you ppl mention those pistols hmm what are they called hmmmahh yes Illicit laser backup guns.. they rawk aswell
    Unnerf the NTs please.

Why oh why is it getting a decent weapon soo hard??? Arghh, I am searching and searching for information for lower levels and what to get and I seem to be wasting my credits on upgrading like every other day and missions bite to make money I have to say. I loot, and loot, and loot, and just barely make enough to cover the next upgraded weapon. Is there a better way?? I seem to be in a no win situation.

I finally found some info on the elusive Perennium Weapons

Now, is this worth making? I seem to be wasting more time trying to gear out my toon than it seems actually playing. Not being ubah rich does take its toll on my pocket book... may have to pull Reinu out of retirement just to make more money to feed my upgrade addiction

haha, okies read the article on the perenium and umm can I say outta my league:P back to the drawing board... someone save me from myself
    Last edited by Reinu; Feb 2nd, 2005 at 12:19:07.
    Reinu lvl 141 MP

Retired: Trader Marjie, and Doc Gooberana and Merikate lvl 80 Fixer

You can never unsay a cruel thing

Quote Originally Posted by TheKo
    just wonder for those who doesnt have SL/AI why dont you ppl mention those pistols hmm what are they called hmmmahh yes Illicit laser backup guns.. they rawk aswell
    ILBs suffer from being an SMG/Pistol hybrid. You need a whack of pistol skill to get a decent attack rating, and that's probably a waste of IP for a lowbie, and arguably at all other times. I still haven't reset pistol from when I used them, but I will soon, and I'm looking forward to the 750k I'll recoup.
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

Quote Originally Posted by Reinu
    I loot, and loot, and loot, and just barely make enough to cover the next upgraded weapon. Is there a better way?? I seem to be in a no win situation.
    Learn to blitz. Free equipment (usually not the uber stuff tho) and some spending cash for what you can't blitz.

Imo a fixer doesn't necesarilly need the best armour, and we have relatively few (good) nanos, so compared to some other professions there ain't that much to spend money on.
    The only things that are worth getting from the shops is bullets, clusters and those brown anti-root stims. Pretty much everything else can be free + whatever you tip your local engie/trader.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

p beamer ql 106 contact ardiee ingame

Weee =) After camping with my MP... now mind you I am still new to this.. I got..

Sheet of Perennium QL 161 , Perennium Bolts QL 151, and Spirit Tech Apparatus Short Muzzle QL 130 =)

Question will this combine? hehe, I am thinking that I have the right stuff to make the Perenium Beamer... can anyone confirm? And what QL do yall think it will be? My fixxer is now lvl 45...

Thank you =)

*edit* oops forgot one piece=/ Darn it, I was just way to excited by getting the pieces I have that my excuse
    Last edited by Reinu; Feb 4th, 2005 at 22:49:44.
    Reinu lvl 141 MP

Retired: Trader Marjie, and Doc Gooberana and Merikate lvl 80 Fixer

You can never unsay a cruel thing