Thread: Casting negative nano spells on yourself

Casting negative nano spells on yourself

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has ever done done this but I have countless times. I cast negative nano spells such as "Lesser Blizzard Red Tape" "Ransack Skills (major)" and others on myself! when I really wanted to put it on the enemy! I target myself to heal, and usually forget to target the enemy to put the spell on, and mind you, some of these guys are tough to take down making it even worse if I'm damaging myself in the progress lol. I think that negative nanos (intended for enemies) should not be able to be cast on yourself!

Exclamation Another one too

Hello
    I'm a Nt , like you i did the same to myself a few times, but they aren't debuffs , they are dmg nanos. result was I died, nuked myself. So if they changed debuff nanos, to not target self they would have to do the same for the Nt, Crat..... Etc.. They would do that, nice idea though.

Rulex lvl 168 NT

I played an NT in beta and on more than one occassion, I'd zone out of a mission when fighting a tough boss, heal up, then rush back in to finish it off only to nuke myself, sometime fatally. Now I'm a solider, so the worst I can do is taunt myself (which does happen from time to time).

- Z

Exclamation LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I really hope they do something about this.

HI!

Yeah I understand the frustration =P Did it myself as a doc.. DoTed myself... casted initiativ debuffs on myself (hang on team.. heal is coming in 15s!! not that it killed me (or my team), but was annoying!

I do realize Nts are more targeted.. since they have lots of nukes (and big ones!)

I kinda think tho that its a part of the game, its kinda logic that you can missrun programs within your ncu.

Pehaps if you could remove programs you cast on yourself, even if they are hostile?
    Last edited by Linney; Dec 1st, 2002 at 10:21:50.

When I was playing an NT, I always used to Ice Flechette myself for luck before starting the mission. It just served to remind me that I could nuke myself...

Now I'm playing a Doc. Haven't DOTed myself (yet) but I've hit myself with an init debuff enough times for it to be annoying. Once upon a time it was useful to cast hostile progs on yourself because they acted as root breakers. Now that they don't there's really no reason to be able to and a bar on hitting yourself with hostile nanos would seem to make sense.

Side note: has anyone ever resisted their own attack program?

Cheers,

~R~

my NT has countered his own DD...
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco