Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA fixers excluded from NW battles

GA fixers excluded from NW battles

How do you feel about dying in 10 seconds flat?

Let's do something about this people. I would hate to think I returned to AO, spent more money on it thinking that PvP would now be enjoyable, only to find that I'm exluded from any enjoyable participation along with all the rest of the GA populace.

Let those...whatever the hell they are ...at FUncom, know how we feel. Send them feedback directly and post on the boards.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 21:13:45.

Well, I decided to give it another shot tonight (mass Tower battles) and guess what? That's right kids, took 12 seconds to kill me once again. So here I sit again, excluded from taking part in PvP because the blue suit I worked hard to obtain makes me an easily distinguishable and killable target.

In order to do what little I can as an individual to draw attention to this absurd crap, I will as of now, no longer team with or buff any NT.

I don't like that I'll be snuffing some of the NTs I'd been friends with before and it is not their fault that they got this nano given to them, but until the NT community backs us on this and admits the nanos are ridiculously unbalanced and disgustingly unfair given that they are designed to hurt us and us alone, they will get no speed or NCU or HoTs from me.

I encourage others outraged by this to do the same.

As an NT I'm almost offended by your pathetic whining. You were given an item that makes you able to win easily over most of the classes out there, and you cry like a baby just because a single class is given the ability to destroy you.

Do you have any idea how pathetic it is to hear a fixer crying he's gimped in PvP due to one nano?

NT's are not good at one on one PvP, yet we excel at mass PvP. Fixers own most one on one PvP and are targets for mass PvP. Seems balanced to me. I think when you chose to use GA you are chosing an armor with amazing strengths, yet some glaring weaknesses. You are not forced to wear it, perhaps you should step out of the GA for mass PvP? It's really the only time it's not an amazing armor.

Your call to nerf these nanos is not warrented, and your call for a boycott on NT's is simply idiotic. You really need to rethink your stance on that part.

I do agree however on one course of action. Changing the apearance of Grid Armor. It does make you guys horribly easy targets.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Originally posted by Highjack
    A poll to show your opinions
    They still give our free candy at the bank.

Originally posted by Babadi
    As an NT I'm almost offended by your pathetic whining. You were given an item that makes you able to win easily over most of the classes out there, and you cry like a baby just because a single class is given the ability to destroy you.

Do you have any idea how pathetic it is to hear a fixer crying he's gimped in PvP due to one nano?

NT's are not good at one on one PvP, yet we excel at mass PvP. Fixers own most one on one PvP and are targets for mass PvP. Seems balanced to me. I think when you chose to use GA you are chosing an armor with amazing strengths, yet some glaring weaknesses. You are not forced to wear it, perhaps you should step out of the GA for mass PvP? It's really the only time it's not an amazing armor.

Your call to nerf these nanos is not warrented, and your call for a boycott on NT's is simply idiotic. You really need to rethink your stance on that part.

I do agree however on one course of action. Changing the apearance of Grid Armor. It does make you guys horribly easy targets.
    Ah, an NT without a clue using completely emotional and unfounded comments to defend something that is indefensable. How shocking.

Well, since I've had to attempt to educate others as ignorant as yourself, I'll try with you as well. I'll go slowly so you can follow along.

1. You use the time old "ga lets you beat every class" opening remark. First, you are completely wrong as it is allows 5 classes to beat us easily. Yet, since you don't think at all, but just argue emotionally, I guess we were to expect that.

2. NTs already beat us in one on one fights most of the time. Nothing new that they can beat us now. The problem is that it is not a chance, or a challenge with the new nanos, it is a 100%, get your ass out immediate or die situation. We cannot even stay a few seconds to evaluate the situation. It is not fun, it is not a vulnerability, it is exclusion, pure and simple. But I guess you missed that too, eh professor?

3. Every major engagement now that NW has been implemented will include the presence of NTs. Given the instantly recongizable GA and the ability to target us without thinking, makes us unable to participate at all.

But please, by all means, continue with your ignorant defense of this situation just because it makes you feel good. Don't try to think about "two wrongs doesn't make a right" or suggest a solution.

Buh bye.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Dec 4th, 2002 at 08:19:44.

Woo, 4-to-2 justified/unjustified!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

3. Every major engagement now that NW has been implemented will include the presence of NTs. Given the instantly recongizable GA and the ability to target us without thinking, makes us unable to participate at all.

Here's an idea. DON'T WEAR GRID ARMOR FOR PVP FIGHTS! Cyborg Armor was added as an alternative.

Anyways, stupid people have always died. It's called natural selection.

Duh!

Buh Bye.

We have addressed the "wear different armor" crap already.

{Moderator: Please use slightly nicer language.}
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 5th, 2002 at 10:53:20.

Ah, an NT without a clue using completely emotional and unfounded comments to defend something that is indefensable. How shocking.

Well, since I've had to attempt to educate others as ignorant as yourself, I'll try with you as well. I'll go slowly so you can follow along.

1. You use the time old "ga lets you beat every class" opening remark. First, you are completely wrong as it is allows 5 classes to beat us easily. Yet, since you don't think at all, but just argue emotionally, I guess we were to expect that.

2. NTs already beat us in one on one fights most of the time. Nothing new that they can beat us now. The problem is that it is not a chance, or a challenge with the new nanos, it is a 100%, get your ass out immediate or die situation. We cannot even stay a few seconds to evaluate the situation. It is not fun, it is not a vulnerability, it is exclusion, pure and simple. But I guess you missed that too, eh professor?

But please, by all means, continue with your ignorant defense of this situation just because it makes you feel good. Don't try to think about "two wrongs doesn't make a right" or suggest a solution.

Buh bye.
    Highjack, once again i'm posting the same thing on two of you identical posts. Are you bored at home and screaming for attention maybe?

You are a child, it's hilarious how every point you make must be done with a shot at someones intelligence. You do this because your own points don't carry enough weight.

1. Your point here is meaningless, since you don't state these 5 classes. I'm going to have to assume you mean debuffing classes. MP's and Traders, of course NT's now. Not sure on the rest, i'd appreciate some clarification. Anyways get over it, debuffs own almost everyone. Post you complete thoughts on this one if you don't mind, I'm sure it will be greatly exaggerated.

2. Yes it is a fast death. Your EXTREMELY powerful GA was given one EXTREMELY powerful weakness. Avoid fights with NT's one on one if you insist on wearing GA for PvP, and as I said earlier I do agree that it's apperance is to high profile, allowing NT's to identify and dispatch fixers to easily.

3. OK, you pretty much proved you didn't even read my post here. If you look at my first post in this thread I agreed with this fact. Why are you arguing and insulting my intelligence and than throwing that in there? You don't have to convince me of this I already stated I agreed. I do have to find it funny that you insult my brain power and than make this little mistake. Way to go.
    182 NT

Jesus H, are you too damn stupid to read? We have addressed the goddamn "wear different armor" crap already.

Go do your homework kid, THEN come back with something INFORMED to share with us.
    YOU have adressed it, as you can see since most people keep bringing it up. Not all of us agree on it. Your word is not a fact Highjack. Insult them all you want, but others have opions.
    182 NT

Heh

Fixer GA armor is most likely the single most unbalancing item/nano, whatever this game has ever had and you cry like a baby when one profession can kill you in few seconds?

Umm... You start sounding like NT's who cried like babys too when they could no longer hit targets from 80m away or nuke through walls...

I was NT when this 80m nuking was possibility and I said that it was insane. I was also against Nullity Sphere when it was given us saying we dont need it really.

Or, you cry like a soldier baby who lost original TMS

I wasnt soldier when TMS reflected all damage and killed example Agents who used AS on the spot from reflect but I still called that absurd and still made soldier later.

Or, you cry like a agent baby who's init modifiers and false prof costs were fixed (although I still argue that they calc cost wrong)

I saw GA armor evade modifiers and called it absurd and unbalancing but also thought at time, that oh well, they dont still have any good weapons so maybe it balances it out somewhat. Now you have Manex which is atm very good weapon.

Face it, when something is too good to be true, it most likely is and will be adjusted at some point, some way.

Get a grip of yourself man and dont whine. You have same weapons as anyone else. Why cant you use same armor than anyone else then? See how you like being immune against that nano (ok sorry it does what? 5 damage then) but being hit by people shooting you

Zarch and da chars from 30-177

Originally posted by Babadi

Highjack, once again i'm posting the same thing on two of you identical posts. Are you bored at home and screaming for attention maybe?

You are a child, it's hilarious how every point you make must be done with a shot at someones intelligence. You do this because your own points don't carry enough weight.

1. Your point here is meaningless, since you don't state these 5 classes. I'm going to have to assume you mean debuffing classes. MP's and Traders, of course NT's now. Not sure on the rest, i'd appreciate some clarification. Anyways get over it, debuffs own almost everyone. Post you complete thoughts on this one if you don't mind, I'm sure it will be greatly exaggerated.

2. Yes it is a fast death. Your EXTREMELY powerful GA was given one EXTREMELY powerful weakness. Avoid fights with NT's one on one if you insist on wearing GA for PvP, and as I said earlier I do agree that it's apperance is to high profile, allowing NT's to identify and dispatch fixers to easily.

3. OK, you pretty much proved you didn't even read my post here. If you look at my first post in this thread I agreed with this fact. Why are you arguing and insulting my intelligence and than throwing that in there? You don't have to convince me of this I already stated I agreed. I do have to find it funny that you insult my brain power and than make this little mistake. Way to go.
    Childish? Im not the fool that keeps making arguments based on nothing but inuendo and misinformation. If I have to yell and scream to get something done, you better damn well believe I'll do it. That is the only way to get anything accomplished in this FUBAR realm.

You want to know the 5 classes professor? Trader, NT, MP, Doctor, Enforcer.

And YES BABADI, my statements are fact, not opinion. It is not opinion when you, through in game experience time and time again, show the result of your words.

So, let me offer you this challenge then. Prove me wrong in game. Prove to me that we can beat almost every class as you say time and time again. Show me how a fixer in regular armor will beat an NT. Show me how easy it is to go and swap out GA for regular armor on a moments notice so you can take part in a fight. Show me ANYTHING you say holds water.

You show me that and I'll gladly admit I was wrong. This is your chance, take it or stop adding what you've been adding so far...nothing.

No offence Hijack, but learn your profession...... I normally am not down on fixers, but your just being ignorant. one the range of nanos isn't huge, just don't fight Nts in mass PvP.. Also use AoE Snares. guess what, GA fixers are hard to be rooted/snared/slowed. Also, insta grid out, nothing wrong with that.. Another point is that Fixers cannow kill with a manex.

So to say that fixers are no longer good in PvP is a fallacy. I was in a fight for a tower today, where the fixer ran up, AoE snared, ran off before he/she could be debuffed. (not that i had the nano...)

I won't get the fixer killer nano. because i don't need it to kill a fixer. NTs own you allready. We don't need this nano. it is to keep you away in Mass combat. I will get this item for one fixer though. Jenuit deserves it, but now that i am omni, i can't cast on her... so untill i am clan or neutral (is funcom you never know) i won't upload it..

SYB

Originally posted by saveyourbutt
    No offence Hijack, but learn your profession...... SYB
    LMAO, another typical response. Is it too much to ask that someone knows what the hell they are talking about before hitting the "Respond" button?

This will make Badabi happy, but my god is it true. The meat of your post is the same ignorant crap we've listened to time and again.

HOWEVER, even in your ignorance, you made my point for me!

"NTs own you allready. We don't need this nano. it is to keep you away in Mass combat."

Thank you for that. The nano excludes us from participation. It doesn't balance. It doesn't improve. It cheats us out of taking part in battles.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Dec 4th, 2002 at 09:27:39.

Oh, BTW Zarch, nothing in your post is accurate. But please, share with us your insight into your following statements

GA most unbalancing item in the game. Please defend that. I'd love to know how being killed by half the classes with ease created inbalance

Please share with us how it is too good to be true? I'm very interested in that factually. I mean, you do know the facts right?

We can use the same weapons and armor in PvP as everyone else as you said. Please share with us how weapons and armor alone will allow us to compete. I mean, surely the fact that other classes heal better, debuff more, have more HP, or do more damage than we can doesn't mean we aren't their equals right?

Childish? Im not the fool that keeps making arguments based on nothing but inuendo and misinformation. If I have to yell and scream to get something done, you better damn well believe I'll do it. That is the only way to get anything accomplished in this FUBAR realm.

You want to know the 5 classes professor? Trader, NT, MP, Doctor, Enforcer.

And YES BABADI, my statements are fact, not opinion. It is not opinion when you, through in game experience time and time again, show the result of your words.

So, let me offer you this challenge then. Prove me wrong in game. Prove to me that we can beat almost every class as you say time and time again. Show me how a fixer in regular armor will beat an NT. Show me how easy it is to go and swap out GA for regular armor on a moments notice so you can take part in a fight. Show me ANYTHING you say holds water.

You show me that and I'll gladly admit I was wrong. This is your chance, take it or stop adding what you've been adding so far...nothing.
    Wow Trader, MP, Doctor, Enforcer. Amazing they all own NT's and many other classes as well, so stop whining. Now lets discuss what you can do to every other class you didn't mention. Oh yea, dominate them. NT's dominate Fixers that's IT.

and NO HIGHJACK your statements are not fact, they are opinion. You have the choice to not use GA don't pretend otherwise. I don't know your level, but assuming it's high you should not have that much trouble maxing a few skills to equip some AC's quickly. As an NT at 155 I was able to equip MK2 with just Essence, not to tough to find.

Now anyone should realise that an armor wearing fixer is at least on equal footing with an NT. An NT can't kill you! It takes far to long to kill anyone as an NT, you could go get a drink, grab a smoke, come back and evac. Our nuke damage is just to slow in PvP. See Nullity go up? Run 41m away for 14-19sec and let your HoT tick.

Adjust to the game Highjack, as an NT i've done it time and time again. 80m nerf, 1/2 damage in pvp nerf, crit era than crit nerfs. We all adjust while you cry, and insult. Get used to it or cancel.
    182 NT

Jesus H, are you too damn stupid to read? We have addressed the goddamn "wear different armor" crap already.

Go do your homework kid, THEN come back with something INFORMED to share with us.
    Let me guess. Other armor isn't as uber? If you want to run around in PvP with a big blue neon sign over your head - "NT kill me." then you get no pitty from me.

For **** sake, this is the last time I'll bother responding to you because NOW you are being an idiot.

Ya, they all beat NTs, not in 12 goddamn seconds. You can still interact with them. THAT IS THE WHOLE GODDAMN ISSUE AT HAND. Not that you can beat us, you always could, the NATURE IN HOW IT IS DONE IS THE PROBLEM.

And for the last goddamn time about switching armor. Ok, even if you are correct about switching armor and being able to kill an NT, guess what happens when another profession catches a Fixer in regular armor? We don't have the HP to stand up to bigger damage. We don't have the debuffs to hinder other professions. We don't have the shields to protect us. We don't have the big heals to last long.

Now go play a ****ing fixer and learn what the hell you are talking about.

I'm done.

You know what FC REALLY needs to patch? The idiots themselves.

GA is dead for NW that is a fact. Every assault team has at least 2-4 NT. And I am amazed that they can kll you in 12 secs. For it takes no more then 5 secs for me. Maybe you lag?

Instead of fixing the NTs FC fixed their ego by giving them the ability to kill the Fixers. Its not like they can kill other proffesions with their NP buffs. I dont mind to be killed by NTs at all and as you said we have quite few nemesis already. Whats really bothering is this nano totally erases Fixers with GA from Notum Wars as you very well stated. People wanted GA nerf. FC said there wont be any nerfs and took this action to stop Fixers from using GA. As for today wearing GA is more like a suicide in mass PvP thats a fact.

And to others... Fixers proffesion is nothing special in offensive combat without GA. All have our damn HoTs, GSF and NCU buffs. All proffesions have their 'specialities' just for them without a risk to die %100 of the time. We will be just support damagers and rooters (not to mention we have the worst roots ingame with highest NR - still works allright -)
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast