Thread: Question on mob difficulty

Question on mob difficulty

Okey so i have dinged 45 and got myself an upgrade mps, did go from a ql54 to a ql72

Anyway today i did my first mission at lvl45, did it the normal way, difficulty at 50%, first 2 sliders to the left, all hidden and all money, took the mission at the terminals across the building from commander Brock outside tir, this place usually gives a lot of missions to newland desert but today i took one in tir couny, reward was 8300credits and the blunt's 'n blades OP-LXXX.

Anyway to get to the point while it is still monday the entry room had 3 mobs in it, 2 lvl 46 and one 47, all bodyguard something, took 1 death and 3 running outside before i got the lvl 47 alone, question is are bodyguards tougher then normal mobs? this one shure owned me badly, had both hacked diagnosis and falsify medical record running and my hp dropped fast, he was hitting in the 60-80(mostly 70+) range with crits for 171.

Okey the mob was 2 levels higher then me, but i been fighting that before and had a lot less trouble, dmg previous has been in the 30-40 range sometimes a bit over that, not shure i seen bodyguards before though, maybe mobs start to become noticably harder at certain levels.

Bodyguards are, if I remember properly, enforcer mobs. They tend to hit hard and fast, and have lots of HP.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

And to think they where not even atrox i tend to dislike atrox melee's or even worse is the atrox mp's, they hit like trucks but these bodyguards where the worst by far, guess they might start to show up more as i level up.

To get mobs alone, I use the old Everquest trick (I was an old school Monk from day 1, pulling is my 'thing' in all these games now ) ... aggro-radius.

Run out into the big room, let one of the mobs see you and run back into the entrance room WITHOUT shooting him. Once he gets into a different room from his friends, he can't call for help anymore. If you have the map upgrades it's really easy to see when you can safely pull a single from any room.

It's a little trickier in groups because the mobs are much more prone to LOS aggro from one room to the next if the door is open, but solo it's rarely a problem even if they stand right in the doorway.

Hope this helps...

--A.

Following 14.7, some of the mobs do seem to be hitting a lot faster than they used to. Solitus enforcer types are a big culprit, as are Informers and some of the agent types. Basically, these guys are hitting at 1/1, which can be a nasty surprise if you're not expecting it.

Playing my Engineer brought it home to me. Most orange mobs were taking about 5-8% of my bot's hp to defeat (God, I love the new pet buffs!). Other, apparently identical mobs (in terms of con colour) were taking 25-30%. They never used to take that much even before the pet buffs were introduced.

Cheers,

~R~

Do what Alastis said and you'll be fine.
    If you feel you are hit too hard, upgrade your armor and put IPs in Evades. Having them maxed is always a good idea if you can afford it.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Don't forget to use your roots.

I've had some success with rooting the first guy I see and actually having only 1 of the other guys come running at me while I back into the first room. It works out just about perfect to have the first one dead when the root breaks and he comes running.

If it doesn't work you can also duck outside, heal, and then come back in, root one and run into the main room (works best when there's 2 left). I try and root the one that isn't damaged so I can get the one that has some damage to follow me.

Zixer, level 44 fixer