Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trader love time!

more weapons through tradeskills will also help tradeskill economy

how many weapons are worth making through tradeskills none

Only thing that is really worth doing to weapons now is upgrading like MCS,Hellspinner

what i would like to see is Weapons that can only be made through tradeskills that would be good to use like a weapon that is worth using should be even in damage and use good damage types like chem, poison, cold, fire, and radiation

which will stimulate the production of these weapons and stimulate the economy just like the uproar when cas came out everyone had to have it just to have it and try it out

would be the same thing ppl will want the new weapons to try them see if they are comparable to what they are using

have types smg, rifle, swords, shotties, etc

now tell me that that isnt a good idea

let me rephrase my previous statement

more quality guns=good
    more tradeskill weapons=good
    more crappy useless junk weapons that no one uses=no gain

i would also like to see more tradeskillable clothing that doesnt require pppe but rather items found every day like ingots, cold/hot stones, soulfragments

id even say make new armor to combat the new weapons

example

New gun does fire damage

use Hot stones to make an armor that has good fire protection

but this same armor has a slight disadvantage to cold damage

in rl we like to call that checks and balances makes life equal

so a good player equiped with a variety of different damage type weapons could see the armor and change weapon and maybe the person could see the weapon and change armor etc

now i wouldnt argue with some like armor that is really superior like something that uses Ql 190+ soul frags kinda like VTE cuz these items already cost alot and as such should produce a very high quality item

i wouldnt mind there being a process to combine scopes with weapons and doing this would make a finished product maybe it could use electrical engi. ve scopes that is since no one would intentionally combine an item that cant be acquired anymore

and this would reduce the perception requirement by 50% but add to the skills needed to weild the weapon

there are so many ideas in my head i couldnt possibly right them down
    Last edited by MIL; Jan 7th, 2003 at 07:22:40.
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by milmaker
    Too Long To Quote
    Not doing it because you don't have a point. But why make people reread it all again and my reply 2 pages long?

This is what I just posted in another thread:
    • Add more tradeskills

Aside from the uber wants from people (instruction disk only nanos, unique items) a whole line of nanos is being wasted. Both for the profession and for buffing others (I have no problem giving Maestros to an engineer so they can make what I cannot). If that means weapons go through the existing tradeskill weapons, make sure they work, and then make them semi-viable. They do not have to be more uber than every weapon out there. The Mausser Particle/Chemical Streamers are proof of this. There is a lot of appeal for a decent weapon that can be customized for the QL you want.
    The weapons you named in your post were the cream of the crop. We don't really need those, imo. People are paying ungodly amounts for low level div9s right now (someone gave me 300k for a QL 10). That's fine so long as they maintain their current availibility. But while they're looking for that cream of the crop weapon, they prolly would settle for a decent weapon as well.

I want a '67 Mustang Convertible, preferably one I can restore myself. I have not given up driving while looking for it
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

so what u sayin is that u want thousands of clones running around because of lack of weapons and armors

ppl can make preferences of what they like but as it is there is not much choice as to what u can do for a weapon if it is the professions best weapon everyone will use it

what i am proposing is guns that are equal to if not slightly better by the fact of alternate damage types

how many fixers out there went MCS before Manex hmmm its a no brainer with the limited variety and only being one or 2 actually good weapons per profession makes clones endless clones as for there specific armor setup is really varies to what ppl do

but what im proposing will help traders and everyone else alike

why not add some weapons that we can make that ppl will actually want is that a crime im curious do u not want to make money off of your skills sounds like u dont

your askin for tradeskill applications and someone makes a suggestion and u say no wont happen

The ideas are solid

I bet if next patch funcom said hey we will implement new armors that use cold/hot stones and weapons that do cold/fire damage and it requires tradeskills to make them everyone and there momma is gonna either have one of the guns and or the armors if they are as good as what is available

this will make alot of tradeskillers happy and stimulate some money movement

just cuz u can make something with tradeskills dont mean that its worth making so making crap items wont get u nowhere

that is why u have to put items in the game worth getting weapons have to be good armor has to be good

do u see anyone running around with carb and cas or with plasteel at high lvls

its cuz carb and cas are superior armors

I really dont feel like having a debate about this with someone who doesnt see the glass as half full

i bet u watch if one of my ideas ever go live ppl gonna be like whoa why didnt funcom do this sooner

damn i coulda used this gun back in the day or this armor is uber

open your eyes and see new horizons
    dont be limited to your own yard

so what u sayin is that u want thousands of clones running around because of lack of weapons and armors

ppl can make preferences of what they like but as it is there is not much choice as to what u can do for a weapon if it is the professions best weapon everyone will use it

what i am proposing is guns that are equal to if not slightly better by the fact of alternate damage types

how many fixers out there went MCS before Manex hmmm its a no brainer with the limited variety and only being one or 2 actually good weapons per profession makes clones endless clones as for there specific armor setup is really varies to what ppl do

but what im proposing will help traders and everyone else alike

why not add some weapons that we can make that ppl will actually want is that a crime im curious do u not want to make money off of your skills sounds like u dont

your askin for tradeskill applications and someone makes a suggestion and u say no wont happen

The ideas are solid

I bet if next patch funcom said hey we will implement new armors that use cold/hot stones and weapons that do cold/fire damage and it requires tradeskills to make them everyone and there momma is gonna either have one of the guns and or the armors if they are as good as what is available

this will make alot of tradeskillers happy and stimulate some money movement

just cuz u can make something with tradeskills dont mean that its worth making so making crap items wont get u nowhere

that is why u have to put items in the game worth getting weapons have to be good armor has to be good

do u see anyone running around with carb and cas or with plasteel at high lvls

its cuz carb and cas are superior armors

I really dont feel like having a debate about this with someone who doesnt see the glass as half full

i bet u watch if one of my ideas ever go live ppl gonna be like whoa why didnt funcom do this sooner

damn i coulda used this gun back in the day or this armor is uber

open your eyes and see new horizons
    dont be limited to your own yard
    You can't keep upping the damage and protection budget in games like this. If you keep adding better and better weapons/armors, they have to be rare. Otherwise the players overwhelm the existing content and then the developers have to do something about that...aka nerf.

If a weapon or armor is rare, then it's of little benefit since the applications to make it becomes just as rare...aka PPPE Shape Hard/Soft Armor and Dragonflesh.

That's why I'm against adding better weapons and armors. It's a vicious cycle that's hard to break and usually just ends up pissing everyone off.

Fixing what exists and making it on par with normally availible stuff does more benefit that constantly getting nerfed because we're too powerful because too much stuff was added.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Because of mass PvP tons of people haven't felt the bite of a trader lately, but traders have tons of great things already.

Best trade-skill buffs in game.
    Best weapon buffs in-game.
    Great Calms.
    Great Roots.
    Great AE Roots.
    Excellent, and stackable, drains.
    Decent Heals, at least enough to be viable to be used.
    Awesome attack rating.
    All the minor things like AC trades/evade buffs/etc.

There is very little a trader doesn't have, so giving them more things right now will just get more and more people going nuts about what they already have. If you want a wide range of weapons, roll a soldier. There are plenty of shotguns out there for you to use and with the ability to drain your way to a high AR any weapon out there is possible for you.

Not if the implementation also has skill requirements to match

Dragonflesh armor is very easy to equip but very hard to get

If a new armor was harder to equip but easier to get that would in it self balance it

Just as the QB it has some pretty high requirements to use but the reward for upping skills that high is rewarded by the nice damage output and with its lvl req it kinda keeps it a high lvl peice of equipment

So what u saying is dont add anything better??

That makes no sense ppl will always want better weapons and armor

And if u didnt read about the better armor should have items which are rare and harder to find like ql 190+ soul frags which will be for the elite who have invested time and money into these such items

And i dont know if u noticed where i said if it is as good as what is available

Quote:

So if u dont want new armors and new weapons that can be made through tradeskill processes what exactly do u want to do with tradeskills??

I just dont really see the point in dumping ips into tradeskills when tradeskills atm are really only used for a very few things.

What 5 different armors
    A few upgradable weapons
    VTE
    Implants

What else is there really plz enlighten me

Where is the money to be made??

I should spend 90-100mil on pppe so i can make measly tips that wont near cover what i paid for the pppe

Only reason im gonna get pppe atm is bcuz it would be nice to make armor for my guild and thats it .

I can make more money in 1week blitzing than i can make in one year tradeskilling.

Peircingevil
    Should be more shotties i like shotties i just dont really like the selection

As for the rest of my posts what i propose will be for everyone

I dont argue we do have solid nano lines all cept the charms which i personally hate

one day i accidently cast a 26min charm where i was froze like a statue where i had to wait for it to wear off

those should be cancelable and then they would be fine in my opinion or make it where u can cast same cast again to cancel something cuz no point to use these how they are now

As for guns There should just be more selection throughout the whole of weapons
    Last edited by MIL; Jan 7th, 2003 at 19:07:27.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Because of mass PvP tons of people haven't felt the bite of a trader lately, but traders have tons of great things already.

Best trade-skill buffs in game.
    Best weapon buffs in-game.
    Great Calms.
    Great Roots.
    Great AE Roots.
    Excellent, and stackable, drains.
    Decent Heals, at least enough to be viable to be used.
    Awesome attack rating.
    All the minor things like AC trades/evade buffs/etc.

There is very little a trader doesn't have, so giving them more things right now will just get more and more people going nuts about what they already have. If you want a wide range of weapons, roll a soldier. There are plenty of shotguns out there for you to use and with the ability to drain your way to a high AR any weapon out there is possible for you.
    We're also almost completely stagnant and have a lot of unresolved issues in the profession. All of them, except the charm thing, dating back to release since the profession hasn't changed much since Beta 2.

That's why I want to avoid things that = more power and want things that = more things to do, like tradeskills or better ways to assist teams.

Not if the implementation also has skill requirements to match

Dragonflesh armor is very easy to equip but very hard to get

If a new armor was harder to equip but easier to get that would in it self balance it

Just as the QB it has some pretty high requirements to use but the reward for upping skills that high is rewarded by the nice damage output and with its lvl req it kinda keeps it a high lvl peice of equipment

So what u saying is dont add anything better??
    I'm saying that Funcom has been notorious for underestimating their playerbase's ingenuity when it comes to finding ways to equip armor/weapons. Each new items adds another variable to consider when trying to figure out how difficult things should be. The more 'excellent' items there are ingame, the more difficult things become in order to balance that content against the chance of meeting someone with U+V+X+Y+Z combination of equipment. And the harder things become for the people that don't yet have the 'excellent' items. They can't continue to attempt balancing the game against the top end equipment only. It's killing the middle of the road people already.

I'm also saying that in order to have a 'top of the line' item, there has to be at least a 'middle of the line item' (we've got tons of 'bottom of the line' items already). So long as the 'top of the line' items are rare, there is demand for the 'middle of the line' items to use until you get what's at the top. There's another way to identify a GA fixer without the blue suit. They're the ones wearing social clothing all the time (saw one in an evening gown carrying a manex...dead give away). Guaranteed, before she had GA, she had a full set of Omni-Pol armor.

As for making the requirements higher, ask an enforcer how they feel about the Edge of Tarasque and its requirements. Pray they're not one that actually owns one else they might split your skull open with whatever weapon they're capable of wielding

That makes no sense ppl will always want better weapons and armor
    They can want them. But eventually, the devepers have to say "No". Otherwise, the players break the game themselves with their own demands. Over indulgence never did anyone any good.

Youve won i dont want to argue anymore lets just keep all the items the same dont add anything and lets play the same game till the end of time cuz i dont think anyone wants anything new

As u can see from the introduction of CAS once it was available everyone was hunting notum and graft to try out this armor but as u can see there are not ppl running around with full sets because everyone wants to have there own custom setup if there are more armors to chose from then there will be more combos to use

And as for the edge of tarasque that shouldnt even be compared to other weapons as it is prolly the most difficult weapon in the game to obtain

What im talking about is weapons that can be made through tradeskills that are comparable to ones in existance and maybe they should be able to be made to qls of 200+ and this would be weapons reserved for higher lvl players who have been using there ql 200s from lvl 125-150 as i was using my ql 199snake master at lvl 120 easily

These weapons would and could only be made by the most dedicated tradeskillers and used only by the most dedicated players

Armor too should be able to be made to ql 200+ cuz like u said ppl can work hard at getting the right buffs items and whatever to get into whatever they want and this is as it should be cuz if they didnt want u to equip a certain gun or armor to a certain lvl they would implement lvl requirements like te QB and EQB

seems funcom doesnt want an enforcer to equip it until they think its spose to be equiped

I have a question then K what exactly should they do to make ppl not just clones of everybody else of the same profession.

Tell me how many soldiers u see running around in Omni elite with Div9s there has to be hundreds. Why? Just not too much a soldier can do with limited variety of weapons and armor.

NOTE: the above statement does not reflect everysoldier so plz dont get upset if this is not u it is just what i have seen as a majority.

Youve won i dont want to argue anymore lets just keep all the items the same dont add anything and lets play the same game till the end of time cuz i dont think anyone wants anything new

As u can see from the introduction of CAS once it was available everyone was hunting notum and graft to try out this armor but as u can see there are not ppl running around with full sets because everyone wants to have there own custom setup if there are more armors to chose from then there will be more combos to use

And as for the edge of tarasque that shouldnt even be compared to other weapons as it is prolly the most difficult weapon in the game to obtain

What im talking about is weapons that can be made through tradeskills that are comparable to ones in existance and maybe they should be able to be made to qls of 200+ and this would be weapons reserved for higher lvl players who have been using there ql 200s from lvl 125-150 as i was using my ql 199snake master at lvl 120 easily

These weapons would and could only be made by the most dedicated tradeskillers and used only by the most dedicated players

Armor too should be able to be made to ql 200+ cuz like u said ppl can work hard at getting the right buffs items and whatever to get into whatever they want and this is as it should be cuz if they didnt want u to equip a certain gun or armor to a certain lvl they would implement lvl requirements like te QB and EQB

seems funcom doesnt want an enforcer to equip it until they think its spose to be equiped

I have a question then K what exactly should they do to make ppl not just clones of everybody else of the same profession.

Tell me how many soldiers u see running around in Omni elite with Div9s there has to be hundreds. Why? Just not too much a soldier can do with limited variety of weapons and armor.

NOTE: the above statement does not reflect everysoldier so plz dont get upset if this is not u it is just what i have seen as a majority.
    I see things as being rare for a reason. We don't agree with Funcom's reasons many times, usually when it's us facing the rare item.

People don't want the tradeskill armors because they're customizable. Or because they're different. They want them because they're better.. Funcom knew they were better and intentionally made them rare. I don't see it as helping us one bit if the final product is so rare, there might be 1 or 2 requests to make them a night. That's not helping the Trader profession at all. Because only 1 or 2 people get to make them. Out of how many?

I see plenty of Soldiers running around with Omni Elite and Div9s. We'd do far better being able to make those items. But what most Soldiers want is a Nophex Destroyer. Their're carying the Div9 because they can't get one. Think I'm joking? Go read the Soldier's forums. I believe the thread's title is "Getting Nophex.... wtf were you thinking FC??"

There's no benefit to the profession if the tradeskill items that are put in have low accessibility. And if they're better than the common item, it's guarenteed they'll have a low accessibility. You don't jumpstart the economy by introducing products in limited availibility. You jumpstart it by making the normal items easier to obtain. The same goes for Traders and tradeskills.

ive tried all of the shottys and i just dont think that they give u any solo capacity
    Well, if you are trader, explore your other skill slightly. I solo just fine with Ithaca with my trader.

If your assumption is correct that we traders weapons should be on the same lvl as fixer weapons thats bull crap u guys got manex which ive seen in action is one of the best weapons in the game if u have adequate ranged init
    Traders should not have special profession specific weapons, why? Because they were never ment to be a combat profession. Don't think FC envisioned traders as king of duels when they designed the profession, just read the profession outline (Weak
    fields - All combat). It turned out to be the other way around.

Thanks to traders insane buffing ability, they can pretty much have any weapon in the game (except profession specifics) equipped with a nice attack rating. So it is not like there isn't any selection.

However, after playing a trader for quite few level, I can safely confirm that few nanos lines are really broken. along with the fact that, some nanos are completely useless. Especially I would like to see the team buffs (apart from team wrangle fixed, they are sad atm. Just ask how many traders add any IP to MM skill.

I have a 165 Trader but have taken my sweet time lvling him. been around since before anyone knew what the heck a wrangle was, or for that matter what a trader was. Shotguns used to cut it, and they do still, barely, but only at higher lvls. Atm, i am dueling lvl 205 cold lasers, and it is some serious dmg, i can outdmg anyone my lvl if i go for gusto and buff up, but thats only in pvm. in pvp with them i cant kill anything so far, and i have plenty of experience. I havnt tryed a shotgun since the new critnerf patch so i dont know. But the main thing traders have trouble with is the hype, i cant get a duel unless the person is 30lvls ahead of me, and then it is hopeless. Traders are weak, w/o you doing less dmg to us we will die, thus alphas kill us horribly, and so does nano resist, all i ask for is more hp, thats it, that would make us much more usefull, and perhaps some better team only wrangles that dont gimp us so horribly so we can help the team out with more dmg.

Originally posted by Iezu
    in pvp with them i cant kill anything so far, and i have plenty of experience.

Traders are weak, w/o you doing less dmg to us we will die, thus alphas kill us horribly, and so does nano resist, all i ask for is more hp, thats it, that would make us much more usefull, and perhaps some better team only wrangles that dont gimp us so horribly so we can help the team out with more dmg.
    You sound like you want to have the nanos of a trader with the combat abilities of a soldier.

Traders are far from weak in PvP, get more experience.

Originally posted by North

Traders should not have special profession specific weapons, why? Because they were never ment to be a combat profession. Don't think FC envisioned traders as king of duels when they designed the profession, just read the profession outline (Weak
    fields - All combat). It turned out to be the other way around.
    official description of the trader profession:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Trader is the ultimate businessman, getting more for less in every single transaction. Like others, they create and trade material goods. but in combat situations, they use unique nanotechnology which enables them to drain opponents of skills, energy and health, transferring those benefiths to themselves or their allies. This frequently causes the most formidable opponents to wither to a cracked shell of their former self...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving our opponents as a withered and cracked shell of their former self sounds like they were aware at the design stage of the effects of our drains.

few things annoy me more than people refering to any profession as a non-combat profession. They game is entirely about combat, there are no non-combat professions except for maybe ARK's .

Oh and BTW imho NOONE should have profession specific items, it's a skill based game ffs. If they want to limit something to a certain profession they should give it really high reqs in something that that profession is especially good at buffing.. not fall back on hardcoding stupid rules into items.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Re: Traders

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    In the other 90% of the game, the part that doesn't involve PvP, Traders are fairly ordinary.

Traders excel at PvP, which is not the majority of the game.

I would say Notum Wars is a little bit more than 10% of the game right now.

Re: Re: Traders

Originally posted by Tium

I would say Notum Wars is a little bit more than 10% of the game right now.
    I'd bump it up to maybe 25% then. But face it, you're not going to level taking and making towers

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    OK.

Let me put it you this way.

The original poster asked for new, more powerful shotguns.

There's NOTHING wrong with the shotguns you have. I in fact submit that the available shotguns are every bit as good as, say, the available SMGs (excepting Manex), BECAUSE THEY ARE.

Would you rather have an Ithaca or a Sol Chironis? I'd rather have an Ithaca.

Would you rather have a HD or a MCS? If you like specials, replace HD with Medium Shotty. Either way, I think there's a lot to be said for the shotguns.

Traders don't need new guns.
    I am a trader using a a MCS becoz they r better than any shotty.... btw u r gay.. u have gone into whinging about trader mode becoz u r gay.. why am i not using logic to flame u .. becoz it is not necessary u said some gay things like the only good SMG is manex not true u forgot about the MCS.. traders have a the same choice of weapons as every1 else... traders dont have to use shotguns.. all he asked for is trader items like trader specific shotguns and becoz u cant beater trader becoz u r a useless gimp u have a whinge anyhoo KMA
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Give traders complete heal!!!

I didnt read through the rest of the comments on pages 2-4...

I have to agree with the fixer on page 1. Fully drained there isnt a gun you can't use very well if you choose to.

If someone thinks of a good PVP they think of making a trader.

If someone thinks of making a fun twink they think of a lvl 50 GA1 fixer

If someone wants to beg buffs they think of making a engi.

etc.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Originally posted by Elbo
    I didnt read through the rest of the comments on pages 2-4...

I have to agree with the fixer on page 1. Fully drained there isnt a gun you can't use very well if you choose to.

If someone thinks of a good PVP they think of making a trader.

If someone thinks of making a fun twink they think of a lvl 50 GA1 fixer

If someone wants to beg buffs they think of making a engi.

etc.
    I, myself, feel that traders do not need another gun. What I think we need is something more to do that doesn't involve shooting everything in sight.

I know I can pick up any weapon I want (so long as I have the IP) and use it because of Divest/Plunder. Same way I also know it's possible for another profession to vchoose a viable weapon besides the trap Funcom left that profession with whatever weaponskill is green for them. Nobody will gimp their character horribly by choosing a weapon that requires 1 or 2 blue skills (3 and you start pushing it).

We do need something new to do, however. The profession has been completely stagnant for a long time now. Heck, I want things that benefit everyone and not just our profession. More viable tradeskills means more choices for everyone. Better NCU economy for our wrangles means more bonuses to ATK for the people we give them to. Because now they don't have to choose between NCU hogging nanos.

More weapons for the profession? No thanks. I refuse to play a soldier unless I get TMS as well.

I will say this however: PvP power is 0 reason to say any profession doesn't need something. PvP will not earn anyone a level or credits unless the opponents are extremely stupid. And PvP power does not translate directly to PvM power. Nor vice versa.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 8th, 2003 at 19:32:31.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast