Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nerf GA Nerf Fixer Nerf Manex

Originally posted by Japella

take a number and get in line... i think Engineers have it worse than MAs.

Actually, those special absorbing nanos were VERY loving. Those things are pretty uber. I actually almost lost to an Engy the other day. Engi's got love, pepole just dont seem to think so. They still need work, im not saying they dont, but those new nanos are VERY nice for engi
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Pretty much everyone has some form of counter against smurfs, some more effective than others. Engineers and Adventurers have a hard time, lacking any offensive nanos. I'd almost say soldiers as well, cept for the alpha strike from hell which hurts me badly. Not gonna think what it does to a opi smurf with blue body dev to match.

Either way, tactics can make a smurf what's for breakfast. Engis are the red headed stepchildren of PvP. Which is prolly why I think they need another pet type: Ranged Pets
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

GA maybe overpowered in PvM, but definately not in PvP. I consistantly lose to docs and traders. Nt's now have an uber weapon against GA wearing fixers. Thats 3 professions we have trouble with. Nerf GA? I think not ya tard.

And again, I will say, if you think that a fixer wearing GA is uber, then maybe it's high time you roll a fixer, and spend literally months of your life looking for GA, and then you can be uber too.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

GA not all that bad

There are lots of ways to work around GA, just make sure you use lots of specials. As a soldier with a Good alpha strike i can get a Smurf down to 50% or less HP, then change over to a div 9 with fast burst recylce, and hope the smurf doesn't grid. Theres even times i haven't used TMS with smurfs because as soon as they see Fling,Burst,Full Auto, they are gone before anything else can hit them

Angry

May the nerf swoop down on you swiftly and hard!

I HATE NERF-CALLING %$#*(&%$#*&(#@)%*#@&^%&$%#@*%&#$(*&$#$#*&^$*&%@#&^ %#*$^&#(*^#$%@#_)(#(*&$*$^*(*$&#@)(*#@!!!!

Give me 500M creds and I'll make an engy(or anny other class for that matter) that'll whoop ANNY class in pvp.

flam all you wan't I'm not even gonna bother to consider reading anny replys to this topic.
    Becky "Cenelia" Schatz and equipment
    Picture drawn by MrFli

[Clan OOC]Azzreal: ok all pay attention. Qwazeech and cen are now elevated to god (and godess) status

Douglas Adams: "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end"

/)(X.(>_x)(\<) bunnies shouldnt play with blenders
    disclaimer: bunny was not hurt permanently thanks to my divine powers

did you cuddle a leet today?

I wear GA4 and am lvl 163 opi fixer, it is the best armor EVER in PvM, but try to zone into a tower battle wearing a great big blue target on your back, i have no time to do anything, if i have time to attack someone, it takes literally seconds before 4 or 5 ppl target you and "instant death" before you get a chance to run, grid or anything else. Should it be nerfed, i don't think so, it is so rare and expensive it should be UBER. It is bad enough i can wear nothing with GA that is worth a damn, i.e. IQ rings, bracers, anything else that helps, except for some shades i have never seen before or a skinchip that is even more rare, and, until the crit nerf in PvP, you never saw one MA ever complain.And MAs are not that far behind a GA fixer in what mobs they can solo, so please stop whining already, there are other profs that have way more reasons to complain than MAs or fixers.
    God loves you, I think your an ***hole

I Saw This In A Cartoon Once, But I Am Pretty Sure I Can Pull It Off!?!?

Originally posted by Max
    I wear GA4 and am lvl 163 opi fixer, it is the best armor EVER in PvM, but try to zone into a tower battle wearing a great big blue target on your back, i have no time to do anything, if i have time to attack someone, it takes literally seconds before 4 or 5 ppl target you and "instant death" before you get a chance to run, grid or anything else. Should it be nerfed, i don't think so, it is so rare and expensive it should be UBER. It is bad enough i can wear nothing with GA that is worth a damn, i.e. IQ rings, bracers, anything else that helps, except for some shades i have never seen before or a skinchip that is even more rare, and, until the crit nerf in PvP, you never saw one MA ever complain.And MAs are not that far behind a GA fixer in what mobs they can solo, so please stop whining already, there are other profs that have way more reasons to complain than MAs or fixers.

Before crit nerf MAs had a chance against most profs, maybe thats why we didnt complain?
    We were never uber, as many think.

If GA4 should be UBER cause its so rare and expencive, then give all other profs a similar armor. I would gladly save 500-600mill to get an UBER armor.

Ma's got skrewed there is no question about it.I have a ma collecting dust cause he became cinderella fella in 1 patch.I'm playing a fixer alt now and yes its enjoyable,and yes he wears ga.(found running a zillion missions,not purchased).I think the powers that be should really reconsider what damage they did to the ma proffesion and try and either reverse it or make it up to them in someway.

Having said that,asking to crush another profession cause you got pinkeye from them is not the route to go.I'm sure most agree the ma's woke up one morning after the patch and had to run around pinching mobs till they said i give.Because the crit nerf really borked them that bad.

Re: GA too powerful!

Originally posted by Eye4get
    Granted I am only a lvl 175 doc with a ql 200 Ithica, and full CAS armor but I could hardly even scratch any of these guys!

..allow other classes similar AC advantages. I worked hard for my ql200 CAS, and it is paper thin compared to GA.
    Manex does projectile damage.

CAS has pathetic projectile protection you damn ****ing noob.

Ithacas stop at ql199.

Allow other classes similar AC advantages? GA4 has 2k AC, so just what the **** are you talking about?

You are the prime example of someone who does not have the slightest clue what they are talking about, asking for other proffs to be nerfed, they should take your ****ing Ebay account off you and ban you from these boards FOREVER.

Ahh thats better

self confessed non twinked manex toting fixer

Yep, at lvl 33 with a lvl 55 manex, I have done a 1k burst with my nasty little manex. it is supurb at making perfectly round holes in things.

For me, it taught me one thing. My IP allocation, implant design and damage expectations for my other profession characters are drastically wrong. I have since tripled my damage output on my engie, and quadrupled it on my adventurer. There is no problem here, just that fixers are easy to do correctly, whereas other professions get all enamoured with wanting to cast buffs and forget about the shere joy of damage output.

The manex is a useful weapon, but when combined with surpresser, smg + boost expertese, and the right implants is a devistating tool to show you how to play the game correctly.

Don't nerf manex.

(what is the plural of manex?)

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

mani??
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Originally posted by Jellobiafra
    GA maybe overpowered in PvM, but definately not in PvP. I consistantly lose to docs and traders. Nt's now have an uber weapon against GA wearing fixers. Thats 3 professions we have trouble with. Nerf GA? I think not ya tard.

And again, I will say, if you think that a fixer wearing GA is uber, then maybe it's high time you roll a fixer, and spend literally months of your life looking for GA, and then you can be uber too.

I did, and I did. ( i didnt spend 2 months looking for it. But I have GA. )

I own people. Mind you im a lvl 60 fixer, wearing GA2, and need mochams to not be OE.

I dont want GA nerfed, but others need some love. GA is EXTREMTLY overpowering in PvM, and only just overpwerd for PvP.

You whine cause you have 3 profs that can kill you? Let me count the ways my main can die.

Traders
    MP's
    EQB Enforcers
    NT's sometimes.

OH NO!!!! 4 professions who have a chance to kill me!!! Im not uber enough!!! Nerf everyone else please so my class can kill everyone.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

You're a level 60 character, wearing armor designed to be worn by level 100ish characters.

Of course you're overpowered.

Don't base your opinion of GA on a super-twink (you're a super twink, some are worse, but you're pretty bad). Play with GA2 from levels 100-135. Then tell me it's "overpowered in PvM".

I did it, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Was it good? Yes. Did I have to raise a whole new dark blue skill? Yes. Was it worth it? Yeah. Would I have really done any worse without it? Minus not having the experience of tanking Tarasque for 20 minutes (I had good healing, and good luck, and somehow could NOT shake aggro), no, I wouldn't have done any worse. I wouldn't have done any different at all.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

yea GA isnt overpowered at all. It does what its supposed to do extremely well. Though its weaknesses are almost countless.

First of all DD nukes DoTs and specials go right through and with only 2kish ac thats major dmg.
    2nd GA can be OEd by trader deprives MP debuff and i think NT debuffs. Also MPs can make a fixer naked by making the GA 0% OEd with nano shutdown.
    3rd its absurdly expensive and rare.

if its nerfed basicly the uber 250+ unique mobs will be hell to tank. Thats all it would accomplish
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Heh got owned then screamed for Nerf, learn to play the game, and grow up, or go back to EQ.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Originally posted by Wrathgrit
    May the nerf swoop down on you swiftly and hard!

I HATE NERF-CALLING %$#*(&%$#*&(#@)%*#@&^%&$%#@*%&#$(*&$#$#*&^$*&%@#&^ %#*$^&#(*^#$%@#_)(#(*&$*$^*(*$&#@)(*#@!!!!

Give me 500M creds and I'll make an engy(or anny other class for that matter) that'll whoop ANNY class in pvp.

flam all you wan't I'm not even gonna bother to consider reading anny replys to this topic.
    Haha! FC nerfed me ALREADY, so you can nerf nuke me all day long, it wo't matter at all. After all, once you have 0 hp, thats it.

Your boast that 500M will make anyone uber PvP'ers is extremely intriguing though, I'm fascinated by what you are saying and would like to subscribe to your news letter.

If you could post some of the items you would buy for 500M for say a pistolero adventurer, I will be more than happy to try to prove or disprove your extremely thought provoking statement.

So would, and correct me if I'm wrong here guys, MPs, Engies, Crats, Sols, MAs and NTs.

Looking forward to your help on this one Wrath, and I really appreciate it! And indeed desperately need it.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Originally posted by Kalashnakof
    yea GA isnt overpowered at all. It does what its supposed to do extremely well. Though its weaknesses are almost countless.

First of all DD nukes DoTs and specials go right through and with only 2kish ac thats major dmg.
    2nd GA can be OEd by trader deprives MP debuff and i think NT debuffs. Also MPs can make a fixer naked by making the GA 0% OEd with nano shutdown.
    3rd its absurdly expensive and rare.

if its nerfed basicly the uber 250+ unique mobs will be hell to tank. Thats all it would accomplish
    Actually......

More and more, the "uber 250+ unique mobs" are outside the realm of Fixer tanking. These bosses simply have an AR *so* high that they hit GA Fixers regardless.........and Fixers don't have the max HP to survive if a doc lags and is a millisecond too late with their CH. Fixers generally are best at *evading* damage.......but not as great at *taking* damage.

There seems to be some sort of magic "cutoff" for mobs that Fixers can tank well. Polymorphed Lunatic for example, seems to be a great place to have a Fixer tank(the one time I was there). But Special Agent Lamb laid out Fixers like a lawnmower(again, the one time I was there)..........an Enforcer was the tank of choice there.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

If anything needs a nerf it's the manex. They are silly powerfull. I tried one on my fixer thinking, "it will be too slow, I'll go back to Grinner"... that was 30 levels ago (with 200 ranged init), and I'm still using the Manex. It's ridiculous how much damage I do.
    For some reason, it never occurs to Funcom to make the existing weapons in the game better, they just make new uber ones, so that anyone who isn't using a (manex, X-3, Div9, Queenblade, etc) just feels gimped. Why do the other 99% of the weapons in the game even exist?

-D

bleh!
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

just one question?

Originally posted by Dropcid
    If anything needs a nerf it's the manex. They are silly powerfull. I tried one on my fixer thinking, "it will be too slow, I'll go back to Grinner"... that was 30 levels ago (with 200 ranged init), and I'm still using the Manex. It's ridiculous how much damage I do.
    For some reason, it never occurs to Funcom to make the existing weapons in the game better, they just make new uber ones, so that anyone who isn't using a (manex, X-3, Div9, Queenblade, etc) just feels gimped. Why do the other 99% of the weapons in the game even exist?

-D

bleh!
    Compair this to real life, do you cry nerf on those who have faster cars, nicer spouces, better lawnmowers, skiis, bank accounts, and tv's. Nope, its called suck it up, work harder, and stop being envious of what others have. If you dont want to deal with envy, learn contentment, or engage the rules fully. There is nothing stopping you from having a fixer with a nasty manex. Enjoy the power! A little bit of history, every few months there is a new profession or item that becomes unbalanced, but it is only unbalanced compaired to the previous gameplay. Once people get used to it then you will find the market full of overpriced items of the overpowered type being bought by overpowered professions. I congradulate your resolve going against the flow, but next patch when its soldures with slingshots that are bursting for 1k at lvl 20, make a sold, get your slingshot and go find something big to kill. Its all part of the game. Chill, enjoy the ride, if you never do pvp, the issue of twinks, overpowered and pour IP allocation become less of an issue.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Hmmm that's funny....

My 111 fixer got killed in pvp tower defense by a 113 doctor. I didn't have my GA II on at the time, but with the debuff he put on me to lower my ranged init and the dots stacking plus his wimpy hits with his weapon, he wore me down eventually. I damaged the doc good don't doubt it. However, he was able to heal up over and over and over. I could've RD'd out but I took it like a man.

It was my first pvp experience. If I were serious about pvp, I'd have much better gear, make sure my GA was on at all times, etc. I'm not going to cry "NERF DOCS" though. That guy had a veteran title. It was my first fight. I daresay that my inexperience and lack of preparation were the leading causes of my demise.

Still took the guy like 10 minutes to kill me even then. I nearly died of boredom before I ran out of health. Let's face it, anyone can get a title in pvp if they persist long enough. Eventually you gotta stumble on a pvp noob like me and get lucky.

edit: corrected typos.
    Last edited by Ralgur; Jan 8th, 2003 at 21:33:15.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast