Thread: Distance Sliders for Missions!

Thumbs up Distance Sliders for Missions!

I just wanted to start a thread to see what people's thoughts on this would be. I for one would like to see a slider on mission terminals for setting the distance. This would solve the problems that people are reporting about not getting enough money from missions now that the distance to missions has been lowered.

Talking Aggreed

I've been reading other posts about having a slider for mission distance. This seems like the best solution to make everyone happy! I have a crappy low level nano tech (lvl 7) that I just started - and I would love to set the missiosn to as easy as possible and as close as possible for him so that he can get those mission tokens. Nano techs have crap for HP - so getting that HP bonus for collectiong the 10 tokens would be a big plus. Right now I'm working on getting those tokens while the missions are close - cause until I can find him a car to do the missions far away - he's not doing many missions once it gets to where they're out in newland desert and stuff. I'll just make money with my other characters and trade it around to him.

But...I also have a lvl 46 adventurer. His runspeed is up somewhere around 500 buffed. This makes it easy for him to get to missions that are far out. I would love to give him fairly easy missions that are a long ways out just for the money.

My answer...yep - a slider for mission distance would be a WONDERFUL thing! That...or somebody tell me where to get my nano tech a very low level car - as far as I'm aware, there aren't any basic vehicle booths - are there? All I see are things like what's in Newland and Borealis and such that have 5mil cr ql 36 flying yalmahas. Well I'm not that rich. Especially since I couldn't sell my car when I get a new one (what a waste of cr).

Bump

I agree, a distance slider just makes sense.

The further the distance, the better the reward, and monetary compensation. Not just the difficulty of the mobs. That should remain separate.

There is a distance slider already. It's the Open/Hidden slider. The more hidden the mission, the further out it will be.

Open Hidden hehe

that is NOT a distance slider.

Open relates to whether or not the mission is straightforward no locks, no traps.

Hidden relates to the amount of locks/traps/bombs/concealment issues.

has nothing to do with distance.

and the suggestion was given about distance sliders, Cosmik stated in the old forums that the dev team loved the idea, so i would imagine they are going to work it into the new mission coding.

When they are finally done with the new coding we'll more than likely have a distance slider, and no the recent mission changes are not a part of the new coding. it's my understanding that they are completely re-working mission code to provide a more user friendly interface, chest items will vary more and actually contain stuff that may occasionally be useable by the person doing the mission. etc.

Thumbs up

Definitly needs a disance slider, like we have not said this before on mulitude of ocations.

So then what's the benefit of having a mission more Hidden than Open? Does Hidden give you more treasure chests in compensation for having more traps?

Talking Welp...

I think we will get this distance slide,r i started a thread exactly like this on the game mechanis board only hours ago, and when 2 or 3 board start posting threads about the same thing, i think we can assume FC will take notice, unlike one particular company who just has 'ideas' forums to make the ppl feel like they are being listened to *cough* OSI *cough*

Bizumpump
    /me wants distance slider
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

I assume that more traps means less mobs.

Also, you get exp for disarming them.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!