Thread: Thank you

Thank you

((OOC: This story does not reflect the views/thoughts of anyone in First Light other than myself. These are MY thoughts/observations and First Light should not be held accountable for anything written here.))

The imposing figure of Simon Silverstone stood motionless in the center of Tir. Sentinels stood surrounding him. If it weren't for their chests rising and falling with each breath, you would have thought them very lifelike statues. Silverstone himself, his eyes locked in a perpetual gaze to the south, those same eyes, filled with so much rage.

I passed by him on so many different occasions, his eternal gaze never leaving its place, though i'm sure he knew I was there. I feel that this place is hallowed ground, the last bastion of strength and unity, however perceived. Years of passing by, Sentinels saving my life a few times with little to no thanks, only receiving hatred from those that they "watched over". I am never ungrateful, nor am I so close minded that I lose the ability to understand another point of view...something sorely lacking on all three sides of the conflict.

My feet carried me up the stairs, excitement built, though my walk remained slow and steady. His guards turned to look as I reached the top, their weapons remained still as their scanners did their work and named me as a friend and operator within the Clans.

I lost my breath, finally viewing his full height. His red armor in the moonlight looked like blood, I didn't see it as blood of the clanners...I looked at it as the blood of his wife and child. His eyes broke their stare south and pierced mine. In an instant, I felt every bit of loss, pain and hatred he felt. I stood in complete humility under the crushing weight of those eyes.

I cleared my throat and found myself walking a few steps closer. As I drew near, I raised my hand in a feeble gesture of greeting. No reaction from him.

Getting closer I continued to meet his gaze and whispered, "Thank you."

He returned my appreciation with a slow nod, but that gesture gave me an inward chill, a feeling of elation. Though we may have a few differing views on things, we were Clanners, and I romanticized in that moment, its all that mattered.
    Last edited by Astera; Mar 5th, 2004 at 23:52:59.