Thread: Expansion

Expansion

I know some people will probably loath and hate this idea and resent the idea of paying FC more money, and that others may agree and think my idea is valid.....

BUT...

What i think AO needs more badly than anything else is an expansion pak/CD they can put on the market to in one big go add lots of stuff and sort out a lot of the bugs and problems within the game...

This would enable them to give us much more new data and updated stuff including content and new areas than would be viable in a patch, or, which IN patches would probably take a good few months to put out to us all, and would also create bugs as it would be put up in sections and not just one big go.

An expansion pak could solve so much, add so much and if they priced it productively (say £15.99, i cant do monetary conversions but that'd probably be around £9) then they could give the game a new lease of life and make their playerbase a lot lot happier.

Its a thought, of which i hope FC considers......
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Angry

No no no no no NO!!!

Expansion are the devil. Content is easily deployable over the web. I downloaded the beta image over a 56k modem (and I had to walk to school in the snow with no shoes), so it's doable. New content is not to be charged for. People have to get out of this Verant mindset. EQ and UO could do more or less whatever they wanted because they were the very first ORPGs (and I didn't play them), but we expect more from the next generation of games. And sorry, but I think Funcom would need to do a lot to get in good with their customer base before they could start to even THINK about asking them to put down MORE MONEY for this game....