Thread: Something strange is going on....

Something strange is going on....

Nothing has been more unsettling to me, during my recent travels throughout Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands, than the happenstance discovery of groups of creatures closely huddled together in one small location.

I am not referring to the usual smatterings of closely-related monsters that we have all become accustomed to. Those are, generally, spread out over a small area, with each creature wandering aimlessly back and forth awaiting its next victim. The occasional social group that we do encounter is usually just there to protect its "leader".

What I have been seeing recently (and which has been commented on by others before me) are very large groups of creatures (sometimes numbering more than 20) huddled together, usually around a rock, tree, or some other type of stationary object. These groups can consist of a variety of creatures, human or animal. The strangest part, at least to me, is that they all face inward.

It isn't all monsters, or groups of monsters, you have to understand; nor is this phenomenon restricted to just one or two remote areas. It seems to be occurring all over Rubi-Ka.

Only Rubi-Ka!

Not Shadowlands. With the exception of having previously docile creatures suddenly take on a new "Mr. Hyde" personna, the Shadowlands has been relatively untouched by this "grouping" of creatures.

What is causing these groups of creatures on Rubi-Ka to gather into these clusters? Are they planning something?

One other small thing I'd like to bring up. (Again, as this, too, has been noted by others.)

Has anybody noticed that there are a lot of people just standing around staring at the wall? They don't do anything. They just stand there.

OOC

Quoted from an interview with Product Manager Jørgen Tharaldsen on MMOG Hell...

MMOG Hell: Will the Alien Invasion be a progress, or will the Aliens be present on Rubi-Ka directly at the launch of the expansion?

Jørgen: The invasion might have started already. Remember that the alien invaders are technologically advanced, having evolved beyond Nano-technology, and delved deep into virus-bot technology. The players should hold a keen eye for any unnatural occurrences in the lead up to launch, who knows what they might be hiding?
    "Never equate education with intelligence, or intelligence with wisdom." - me

"You see my gameplay time is as valuable as yours. So valuable that I won't have someone else dictating where and when I can go so that I fit into their idea of how to play the game." - Qasim

My first instinct was to blame the Clans, but perhaps you are on to something.

Nevver puzzles and puzzles til her puzzler is sore.

I think the answer is that I need to investigate and possibly interogate some of the local fauna.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 18th, 2004 at 18:39:04.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Saw this once to the north of broken shores, thought to myself, theres something you dont see everyday...

just shoot me...zzz

Extra! Extra! New Drum Circle Cult Spreads Rapidly Through Native Popul--er, nevermind.

Speaking of strange occurances.....I was returning home from Omni-Trade, after having unloaded a batch of precious metals to that corrupt map dealer there........and saw to my surprise that the water of the Lush Fields lake was gone......vaporized.....gone..
    I marvelled at this for a long time.......initially thinking the OT weather system had gone bonkers again.....but....still.....so much water......just gone? What is going on here.......I flew across the water bed....looking at strange plants not seen before....but it was so dry, man.....
    Something is amiss....afoot.......I dont know....but I dont like it.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

((umm.....how to put this....well.....forgive me for having a major blonde moment there....but as it turns out I had turned off Liquid Animation in my Env settings....hence....no water....grrrrrr....well..umm....yes...so the water is all there...nothing to see here...move along now ))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

*sigh*....Clanners.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Originally posted by Cogs
    ((umm.....how to put this....well.....forgive me for having a major blonde moment there....but as it turns out I had turned off Liquid Animation in my Env settings....hence....no water....grrrrrr....well..umm....yes...so the water is all there...nothing to see here...move along now ))
    [made my day]
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

[Hahahaa!! You're gonna hear this for a looong time, Cogs ]

*thinks that perhaps Never is close... but instead decides the flora needs to be interrograted *nods*

yes. Interrogate the Flora. Yes.
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

and then...

Originally posted by Cogs

I marvelled at this for a long time.......initially thinking the OT weather system had gone bonkers again.....but....still.....so much water......just gone? What is going on here.......I flew across the water bed....looking at strange plants not seen before....but it was so dry, man.....
    Something is amiss....afoot.......I dont know....but I dont like it.
    /me stares blankly at the screen for a second, opens his mouth and speaks

Prime Minister Merijynn of The Nanomage Liberation Front

"Today's rebellion brings tomorrow's freedom!"

I have seen this excact thing before too.. and it was a rock as well!! All sorts of Muties and Dumb non intelligant species.... Although there was steam rising from this large rock and much of what could be called whistling of some tunes I heard on the Gridfeed.

And strangely the smell of rotting fish.. or was it urine?... Oh erm, maybe it was the local Monster toilet spot? Doh!

(( OOC - seriously though have seen it too, but I wouldn't say it was related to ALien Invasion, if so ID like FC to explain the relationship (hypnotisation tests?) ))
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

I do not know what all of you are talking about. I have not seen anything. Crazy talk this is!

(( I truely have not seen anything yet...where is this stuff? ))

This could only be one of two things.

1) Groups of aliens in a different form meeting to talk to each other. But, if they have evolved past many of the things we use, do they really need to resort to primitive "face to face" communication?

2) The rocks, or whatever they are gathering around are actually just a hologram masking another object (spaceship? homes?) of the aliens. Or, they are bombs. The animals can tell when something is up, so they huddle around it.

agreed

I must say iv seen this too. All mobs around RK are around trees or stones, They all seem to get stuck on solid stuff. Seems like a bug. And btw it look wierd.

Why do you think there are aliens about. You need your head checked. As Omni-Tek has already said many times, aliens have not been discovered in our galaxy. I have no idea where you people get these ideas. If it was an odd creature, perhaps it was some short of mutant.

I agree with Director Moscardelli.

If anything, these animals just appear to be feeding around the rocks and trees. Any good biologist will tell you there is a good abundance of food around terraformed features such as rocks and trees.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed