Thread: The Day and Night! - please comment

The Day and Night! - please comment

I love the suns, the moon and the days and nights and all of Rubi-ka BUT... I feel that the nights are pretty much the same as the days.

Does ANYONE have a problem seeing at night? It's almost like day if you ask me.

I would really like a lot darker nights so that fires and lightning effects really show off. So that you get that feeling of being in an orb of light and outside it there could be something scary and dangerous.
    Make a USE for those nightvision goggles.

Anyone agree?

Perhaps you need to adjust the contrast or brightness on your monitor. I have used a little utlilty provided by (...arg I forget the name of the company...um George Lucas' sound company??).

At any rate. The the forests or deep desert at night is really eary. More often than not it is very difficult to see very far. And makes it much for suspensful. And indeed when I stand or sit near one of the fires... it is diffulcult to see outside it's orb of light...

Good stuff though
    "Maybe Funcom should move 1000 AO players into Clon****, lock down the zone and make dyeable armor to attract more players?"

A DaoC player defending AO

I have a Geoforce3 graphics card with great settings.
    Maybe that's why I see so clearly

Still, darker nights please...

I have a Geforce 3 as well... but I can tell you for me the difference between day and night is tremendous... I'd try messing around with your brightness and contrast. Last night I was helping some low level players in my Guild... and was in the middle of GOF.... well.... when it got dark, my vision was really poor.... I even went as far as digging through all my bags to find my Floating Torch... so I could see better.... The better the graphics card you have the closer you should get to the intended graphics of the game... but it shouldn't truly effect the brightness unless you have changed that setting...

Night seems pretty dark to me, are you by chance useing night vision goggles?

Check yer gamma settings. I have a Gforce 2 pro and night is plenty dark without using Night Vision, even though my gamma was tweaked a bit brighter from playing WW2OL. Lots of folks there tweaked gamma so far that night was like day, I didnt go that far but brought it up a bit cause without it I couldnt see 2 feet lol.

Nights are dark enough! Please don't make them darker!
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!