Thread: 20% Not enough. Please read

20% Not enough. Please read

Alexian Wrote: "wow lots of comments. well lets deal with these one at a time. essentially 80% means you can overequip an item 20% of your lvl (not exactly accurate but I don't feel like doing the math). And just to add in implants and standing buffs (snipers bliss and the such) lets say 40%

So my lvl 80 agent overequipped to 40% would give me a ql 112 rifle I believe?

Have you seen what a ql 112 rifle will do against a lvl 80ish mob?

Create a dead agent.

20%, even 40% overequipping is not suffiecent for an agent of any decent lvl. Thus, even by the new standards agents will be nerfed or FC will have to rebalance the classes, making rifles useful."

I responded: "PERFECT point. Im posting this in game mechanics. I am using a QL 111 rifle at lvl 59 and upgrading to a QL 150 because im not doing enough damage and im getting outdamaged by lvl 68s. Imagine at lvl 80 how useful this gun will be.... we're talkin no damage.

If I found an 80 mob now and shot it.. Im not sure if I would do any damage. or i'd miss ALOT of shots."

Guys I hope now you see how bad this 20% thing is for Agents. All you casters will dance a Jig I know when we do 1 dmg to a grey mob.

Talking ummm

Am I the only one that saw them say they were lowering mobs strrengths as well? or is everyone just brain dead and not reading the entire thing? Just curious. That seems to be peoples main arguments is that they wont be any good at PvM anymore. Why? It will be the same since the mobs are being lowered.

Re: ummm

Originally posted by godthe bugs!!!!
    Am I the only one that saw them say they were lowering mobs strrengths as well? or is everyone just brain dead and not reading the entire thing? Just curious. That seems to be peoples main arguments is that they wont be any good at PvM anymore. Why? It will be the same since the mobs are being lowered.
    Exactly, mobs will be easier too.
    NT phone HOME!!

Talking ok

Just being sure I was on the right page there hehe. Damn it I knew those 12 year olds with LD Syndrome didnt know how to read anything but what they want to see.

QL114 pet

So it's not okay for you guys to have to use weapons within 40% of your level, but I've been using a QL114 pet since about 8 levels ago? I have 9 levels before I reach the next title so I'm stuck with that QL114 pet from level 83-100 and your complaining because your level 80 will have to use a QL112? Even though at level 90 you can use a 130, while I'm still stuck with my 114 for another 10 levels?

Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind all this whining, I really don't.

Well, that tells me that there is something seriously wrong with the distribution of pet nanos.

I personally vote for lvl 200 pets for anyone lvl 5 and above.

Happy holidays

Get an MP or trader buff and whamo, you got yourself a new pet. I see people over-equiping thier pets every day that I play this game, so stfu.

As for this unbalancing PvM, (don't even kid yourself about PvP, 2h blunt enforcers will own even worse than when q-tap was around.) Well look, they've been trying to balance it for 6th months, and they STILL haven't done it. Now, they want to scrap all of thier progress up to this point and try to balance a new system which they know nothing about!! Balance will not come with these new changes, what will come will be endless waiting for Funcom to "fix" the broken classes that result. I've gone through enough growing pains with FC over the past few months to start all over and go through them again. Instead of even considering this, they should first make the game playable for soldiers, which is the most broken profession ATM. That should be done ASAP, I'm tired of seeing my old soldier buddies leave the game. Then maybe they could think about fixing NT's up, and by the time they did that, hey, they wouldn't need to totally fubar everything that we've come to know about the game!

Anyway, thats pretty much my reasoning, and why I won't stick around if this happens.

Re: QL114 pet

Originally posted by Dudicas
    So it's not okay for you guys to have to use weapons within 40% of your level, but I've been using a QL114 pet since about 8 levels ago? I have 9 levels before I reach the next title so I'm stuck with that QL114 pet from level 83-100 and your complaining because your level 80 will have to use a QL112? Even though at level 90 you can use a 130, while I'm still stuck with my 114 for another 10 levels?

Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind all this whining, I really don't.
    I'm playing both an agent and an engi, and I can promise you
    that you do more damage with a +30% bot than with say a +70%
    rifle........

Jokke..

well they are not saying ANYTHING about level vs quality.

I am 116 and have 823 attack fully buffed without challenger (just put my 160 implants in).

I can arm a q200 hammer with that attack.

A Q200 beam takes 1007 skill

20% * 1007 = (about) 200

so anyone with 807 skill can use a 200 beam with no detriment.

That means at level 116 I can use the BEST 2hb weapon in the game with no negative using the rules as stated.

Now, I am tweeked (no not twinked) to beat the bands, and took 3 treatment implants, full med suit, 80 doc buff AND the machine to fit those implants along with maxed treatment. Actually it also took int, and agil buffs (was 1 treatment short) to pull it off.

I think what they propose is almost to generous. Well almost, I think it is fair in all honesty. You NEED the SKILL to USE THE WEAPON. Works for me.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I agree with Yazule here, 2h blunt enforcers can use a high ql weapon anyway, and everyone will be able to use a weapon much higher than their lvl, use implants.

But, some weapon lines can't be buffed at all, except the 20 expertise, with my MA, using Wall-blades that need MA and 1h edge, I can buff MA alot but I can only buff 1h edge with 20 points so I won't be able to use a very high ql Wall-Blade anyway.

On MA weapons 1h edge is pretty low so I don't have much problem with it, but how about other profs that use "normal" weapons, like shotgun, how much can that be buffed, for a doc?

Or how much can a enforcer buff 1h edge for his riders?

What I want to say with all this ranting is:

FC have alot of buffs for some weapons, but nothing for other, so for this idea to work with only selfbuff, some profs need more buffs so they can choose diffrent weapons and so not all of same prof run around with same just because you can buff it more than the other.

I don't think all profs should get buffs for all weapon types, if a MA want to use a hammer, they SHOULDN'T be as good as a enforcer, and they won't, if they have to use a much lower ql weapon.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I know a 130 MA using a 200 hammer. Expertice is his only buff.

Im sorry, but I dont agree. MA's have thier fists to boot btw.

Implants and IP's are enough. 130 MA using a 200 hammer... is that overequiping enough? I think so.

Yes enfrocers *masters of melee weapons* get some neat buffs.

Yes soldiers *masters of ranged weapons* get some neat buffs.

MA's, Advents, docs, traders... they all heal.

Agents get more crits than an MA with the new rules.

Crats.. have pets

NT's , well mine does not use weapons *shrug* and they get nukes even if they do.

Meta's.. hmm they are fine with 2 (soon three) pets and a deamon at high end.

Engies.. hmm pets again

Fixers.. hmm.. hmm... well they run fast! (grid armor gives them awsome evades is the real answer here).

All classes get something.

I think that if it is possible for a non melee weapon class (MA) to arm a 200 weapon at level 130 then that *should* do fine.

I do agree that two buffs should be added to the game

1) pistol buff for adv (maybe even multiwield) This would help them out a lot and they are both green skills.

2) edged buff for enforcers (not as big as blunt, as blunt is a darker skill) Maybe 35 for cutthroat and 75 for slicing blades. That would encourage weapons of all types for them.

Agent uses rifle

soldier uses asault rifle

adv uses pistols (if ranged)

that is the way they are designed.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Diiiiiiing.

20% is very good.
    20% is a "Fair" value.

20% of QL would cause concern - but as it's skills.. its actually quite a bit of leeway.

And armor too. To wear the best lines of armor you need 551/501 in two skills.

Cut down, it means your skills need to be 441/400 in order to recieve maximum benefit from said QL200 armor.

I think thats fair. YES I meet the requirements for all my stuff within the 20% "grace" period - but so should others.

You CAN still get a high wrangle for that 1 hand edge, or other "Unbuffable" weapon skill btw.

My wrong Yazule, re read your other post and saw that it wasn't the hammer that needed 1007 in 2h blunt.

With implants you can "buff" 2hblunt 210 so with a base skill of around 600 that sounds right.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

wait until you get those high level traders who stack deprive and ransack on you. Then you will see chaos.

I had a -183 to all skills and a -173 to all skills STACKED on my level 106 adv.

My attack went down from 500ish to 150ish. You think that was fun? My nano and attack skills were down to about level 20ish not 100+

Under the current system that would destroy any class.

Not to mention those nanos are irresistable if cast by even a grey npc.

Yes traders will rule the day. Dont they already? I have killed about 50% of the traders I come across.

I think this patch will make them uber, but then we all know what happens to the "uber" class of the day.

I feel for traders. Funcom is going to make them gods, then take it away from them (like every other class that was a god). They difinitely need to look into debuffs and ransacks etc with this patch.

Nobody said it would be easy.

And thank you Azzazzimon for your retraction. I was not trying to flame or anything, just putting down facts. Glad to see that you saw it that way.

ROFLOL