Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 13.4 : Meta Physicist changes

Originally posted by Satherial
    Keep in mind that attacking breaks root so the combat pet will nullify the rooting pet. I'm assuming the pet will only be good for making escapes.
    Attacking has a 50% chance of breaking a root. Also if the pet keeps casting it (because rooting is what that pet does right?) it can cause more then alot of probs to melee profs.

But bah, my guess is 90% of metas not only like the idea of a 3rd pet, but would love to have even more power then this. Like maybe casting DDs while flying.

Right now im thinking, what-the-hell... let Funcom give us this 3rd pet. But if I hear about metas getting to cast DDs while flying or a 4th pet, im not going to be happy lol.

Attacking has a 50% chance of breaking a root. Also if the pet keeps casting it (because rooting is what that pet does right?) it can cause more then alot of probs to melee profs.

Isn't it 100%? I know whenever a mob roots me and attacks me I can run right away. If I'm rooted and I nuke myself I can run away. How fair it would be really depends on how fast he can root. (Btw isn't mez not root?)

But bah, my guess is 90% of metas not only like the idea of a 3rd pet, but would love to have even more power then this. Like maybe casting DDs while flying.

We like the idea because that's how Funcom intended us to be. If they had never said that we were supposed to have 3 pets then we wouldn't care about the 3rd pet. It's like telling Crats that they're supposed to be able to call for air strikes or something and then expecting them not to want it anymore.

DD casting while flying has never been an idea. If anything the only idea is to let us cast our nano buffs while flying. It's incredibly annoying to have to terminate, cast on someone, and then recast QW. Maybe actually having the 'backspace' key do something like switching between walking and flying (it currently switches to walking, but not back without terminating the nano) with some sort of delay.

I guess if the third pet does a root type of mezmer attack, it'll be great for Mob adds. The MP will really be a puppet master.

Originally posted by Satherial

Isn't it 100%? I know whenever a mob roots me and attacks me I can run right away. If I'm rooted and I nuke myself I can run away. How fair it would be really depends on how fast he can [/B]
    It's more complex than that
    Basically, root duration is first affected by NR (like, it tend to last shorter if you have high nano resist). Then, each attack has a chance to break it. Criticals and specials have an almost 100% chance. I think each hit triggers a new Attack vs NR check, with some kind of bonus... Would have to test with people with no NR and people with maxed NR (if there are some)...
    Root is also useful for crowd control, in rooms with several mobs... Root one, then drag the other to another room where you can dispose of it. If you don't attack, roots tend to last the full duration... Good for death or run situations too... Of course, this only applies to mobs which don't shoot through half a dozen layers of wall

Re: Re: It's official...

Originally posted by Mor
    When your 3rd pet can root, you won't have to die in a tie anymore to a tank prof. Neat huh?

One pet attacks, one keeps you alive, and one roots the enemy while you stay back and cast debuffs (if needed) and damage nanos.
    Mmm... You have to find an Enforcer with an IQ below 20... Because any other kind of Enforcer will just break the root... They're very very good at it...
    And yes, even Atroxes tend to be (slightly) above this value...

Megabio
    Ah, yes, the good 'ol METAS R OVERPOWERED... Ah, I love this! It is so very fun to congratulate funcom on making a great profession.. better!

Is it not enough that every other person about 50 has rerolled / made an alt, which just happens to be a meta? It used to be hard to find a meta, now you can shout and five come running.

If it's still such a horrid or not ovepowered profession, then why are there so many? I am not one to say that this pet will be gods or be a second healing/damage dealing pet, but you know. It isn't like Metas are bad, that is for sure.
    ~Chris

Red face Re: Re: 13.4 : Meta Physicist changes

Originally posted by zugs

Are there any details on the third pet anywhere? Can it be purchased in the stores or are they MissionReward/Mob drops? I really do hope they make some of the third pets available in the stores.
    Strange that I saw a nano for MP's third pet 2 days ago as a mission reward QL 179 I think, but can't remember anything else that it sucked. At least for me as I am a soldier. I am now sorry that I did not take that mission

Originally posted by Megabio
    Is it not enough that every other person about 50 has rerolled / made an alt, which just happens to be a meta? It used to be hard to find a meta, now you can shout and five come running.
    I've been only playing a single character, happens to be a MP, since the end of July. But it is strange to see so many MPs all over the place. Half hardly even know how to handle their pets correctly. Seeing both the Attack & Healing pets, both with unchanged default summoned names, attacking a Mob. Sheesh!

Re: Re: Re: 13.4 : Meta Physicist changes

Originally posted by Baylon5

Strange that I saw a nano for MP's third pet 2 days ago as a mission reward QL 179 I think, but can't remember anything else that it sucked. At least for me as I am a soldier. I am now sorry that I did not take that mission
    I think that's one of the original 3rd pet nanos which Funcom never took out of the databases.

Smile

Originally posted by zugs

I've been only playing a single character, happens to be a MP, since the end of July. But it is strange to see so many MPs all over the place. Half hardly even know how to handle their pets correctly. Seeing both the Attack & Healing pets, both with unchanged default summoned names, attacking a Mob. Sheesh!
    I never change the names of my pets (well once in a while) and that has nothing to do with how I handle my pets. Mind you I would never have my healer attacking, thats just plain stupid.

And on to other things. I've been playing only for just over a month. The Meta is my second charecter (main one too i might add). I picked the Meta because it sounded cool, I had no idea it was an overpowered class. My first class was a MA, I found him to be just boring to play. I took the Meta because the idea of a summoner appealed to me.

And if everything ive been reading holds true, everyclass will be getting a make over, the Metas just happen to be getting theres now.

So in a month from now, every one will be *****ing about the Beuro, or the adventurer, or the NA or WHATEVER class gets the make over next

OK new pet heh....

ql 69 the one i can use right now and i have full use of it on "black market" goes for 300k+ they even auction it.

Ok i am lvl 46 where can i get that much money? I have ql 50 pet well it is good but its orange for me i need new one.

So i selecting a mission finaly after three hours of siting going through missions i found this Mindreaver pet. Reward is ql 70. So i am going to the dungeon and guess what? Its all screwed up my pets get lost dont respond. Well i meneged to kill couple monsters got around 5k xp from each and then died.

Well but i need that nano crystal. So i am calling on people. Its good that i have bunch of lvl 90 + in my guild and i found someone to help me. But what about those who play solo? Not involved in a guild?

This has to be changed. Becouse as MP i can use pet20-30 lvls higher then me but i can't complite mission of that lvl.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345