Thread: Challenge option

Exclamation Challenge option

Hi

I've been roleplaying alot around the bars and discos just for fun.
    I and i've seen that alot of others including myself have made some spesial social chars, who might not always get along with everyone else.
    Be that a missunderstanding, political diffrenses or things like that somtimes you're chars not getting along with another char.

What whould be cool, not only in the bars but in the wildernes meeting people from other factions as well would be a chance to challenge them to a fight.

Now i now you have the oppertunity to go to the arena and such, but see it like this:
    You're an omni soldier exploring the wildernes, when a claner shows up, you immediatly start to argue with each other.
    This is not uncommen, what sucks is you cant do anything about it.
    Therefore it whould have been cool to have a Challenge option for such cases, you challenge the other player, and he decides if he accepts or not, If he does accept you have the ability to fight him, but no one else can interfere.
    If this option is used, you should be able to fight anyone of any alignment and lvl.
    I mean, you know the risk of accepting a challenge from a lvl 100 if youre lvl 10, but from a roleplaying aspect i would let some of my most stupid chars do that just for fun :-)

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Corey; Dec 29th, 2001 at 22:02:21.

Yep, it would be a nice feature imo.

sounds good to me.. anything that will encourage pvp

I WANT A BAR BRAWL
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Any of you see the new mayhem bar in mort?

Bar fights would be cool.

It's not very well designed for pvp tho, too small, anyone can escape.

Also it's a little counter intuitive too to say "let's go inside and settle this like men."
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Dec 28th, 2001 at 21:34:36.

I like it

Good Idea, I think that would be great, you should post it in the Envisioned section also

Talking Done

Entered it in the Envisioned section as well

Full support from me

Imo, they should make people over levle 75 able to fight anywhere.

Prehaps there should be a challenge option first, so both parts are ready to fight, but bar fights, city fights etc would be cool

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Sounds like a good plan.. Would be fun.. BUT. If you can challenge anyone at any place everyone could have a mate make an alt at lvl 2, meet at a savepoint somewhere desolate and just WHACK away for titles. Yes it's a sucky thing to do, but people will do it for the title, just too abusable.. One idea, however, to work this idea through without adding the abuse, would be to keep titles unaffected by this 'challenge' this way the only exploit possible from it would be players camping eachother to work out the perfect tactics and strategies for their char through PvP.. Wich on the other hand could be fun.