Thread: Breaking and Entering

Breaking and Entering

This is a general question about the B&E skill used in missions.

We all know that B&E increases your chances in opening locked chests and doors. But can anyone confirm that while using your lockpick the more attempts at opening the chest means reducing the value of the find within the chest?

The reason is that most times when I find a locked chest and take multiple tries (20+) in opening it - I quite often find nothing in there or nothing of great value.

All comments welcome... that of Funcoms too - please

Ps. I have added this same thread to Beginners Guide to make sure its seen :-)

I do know that, obviously, the higler the lock (or chest) lvl, the harder to get in, the more attmept rqd, and the more xp gained. You dont seem to get less xp through more tries, which is good.

Also, I have found high lvl stuff in chests its taken me a while to get into.

I had assume that the mission area contents are decided at the time of acceptence of mission, or the first time you enter. However, once (and only once has this happened) I enterent an area, cleared half of it, then had to leave for med kits. I zoned out to ent, then into one of the backyards, then to the training area, bought kits and headed back. While re-entering rooms I had visited, I found new chests.

Whether this was a bug or not I don't know (btw it wont work now - it was several patches ago) but it would be nice to know when area contents are decided..?
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Re: Breaking and Entering

Originally posted by Hankini
    This is a general question about the B&E skill used in missions.

We all know that B&E increases your chances in opening locked chests and doors. But can anyone confirm that while using your lockpick the more attempts at opening the chest means reducing the value of the find within the chest?

The reason is that most times when I find a locked chest and take multiple tries (20+) in opening it - I quite often find nothing in there or nothing of great value.

All comments welcome... that of Funcoms too - please

Ps. I have added this same thread to Beginners Guide to make sure its seen :-)
    I have over 350 B&E skill and can open most LVL 175 crates on the first try..... I will confirm that there seems to rarely be anything of use in the crates.... and it even became more useless when I got a crate w/ large backpack, medium backpack, and small backpack (I would've thought this was cool, but they are unuseable I rarely get anything of value in a locked crate.... I so much prefer unlucked crates for this reason. If I unlock a Lvl 175 crate I also only get 1k xp (which is stupid, I can't wait for the ip wipe to get my B&E ip back.... another screwed up skill for fixers and agents)