Thread: Easiest way to Longest Road Dungeon

Question Easiest way to Longest Road Dungeon

I am a lvl 43 soldier Omni who wants to get to the new dungeon in the Longest Road. What is the easiest way to get there. I don't have a very high Comuter Literacy (120 or so) so I can't use the grid very much. If some kind and generous person could provide as detailed directions as possible on the best route for me to take (where to save ect). I'm not affraid to jog there (infact I'm counting on doing a good bit of running).
    I really really really appreciate any help available.
    I like pie.

As another omni I don't know where the actual dungeon is, but to get to longest road u take the grid to Athens and follow the road that DOESNT go to old Athens. Also, when the peace crap ends u'd better hurry because there are 2 guards there waiting for a piece of you.

Getting to Longest Road

I've no idea where the dungeon is at in Longest Road, but I can tell you how to get to that region.

First, get to Newland City. You can grid there easily with a Comp Lit of 100. Go into town and take the whompa to Athens. Go out the West Gate in Athens and follow the road south. You'll hit a zone and enter Athen Shire. Keep following the road and it will bend west. This is the road called Longest Road, but the zone named after it is still a ways off. Keep going west till you zone again to reach The Longest Road. Once there, watch out for Hammers along the south side of the road and scorpions and spiders along the north side.

Oh, if you want to get some insurance along the way, there is a small outpost in Athens Shire. While heading west, you'll see a road going south. Take that to the town and insurance terminal. You can also find a neutral town in Longest Road called Drumdar. You may come across a dirt road leading south once in Longest Road. Take it and it'll take you straight to Drumdar. It's a quiet town with an insurance terminal and even a mission terminal and some very basic shops.

Good luck.

what does Comp Literacy need to be to grid into athens? mine is only 120 or so
    I like pie.

OK well, after running for about an hour and thankfully not getting eaten by anything I finally found the new dungeon! The first room looked awesome! But unfortunately I got suckered into playing on RK2 back in the early days of release. There was ofcourse, no one there. No groups, not even people trying to solo...

RK2 needs to be merged!!!!!!
    I like pie.

directions to the new dungeon for 40-70ers

I'm a clanner so I don't know the best way to get from an omni town to Athens, but that's where you'll want to whompa/grid into.

From athens go out the west gate and follow the road until you zone into Athens Shire.

Keep following this road until you zone into The Longest Road

It's a painfully long run but it's worth it if only to see the dungeon...

once you zone into The Longest Road keep running until you get to the 2nd x-road, turn left along this road and you'll see two omni guards. go between them and go into what looks like a rock quarry. on your right you will see a sign that says 'docker', go through the door below this sign and you'll be in the new static dungeon.

-drakiel-

you can grid from omni trade to tir with comp lit of 80 or less, i think. whompa to newland to athen.

---

in LR between the 1st and 2nd crossroads u'll find the botos(?) to the south. they are cute little ewok looking things that herd huge guinea pig looking things.

Cool RE: Complit Reqs to West Athens.

The complit req to grid into West Athen is, as you might see if you actually try to enter that gridpoint.....

The sign says Foreman now, not Docker. What's up with that?
    Last edited by Ulujain; Dec 29th, 2001 at 20:06:46.

Athens grid is 130 comp lit -

take the SOUTH road from west athens (which you grid to)

This road will turn 90 degrees and head west, follow this until you zone into longest road

Keep going due west on the road, it will be a long walk, and you will come to the mines road heading south -- the west road stops for a few meters at this point in a bunch of dirt, so you'll know you're at the right place.

Take that south road into the mines. It's omni, so save there if you're omni. If you're not omni, save in Bliss, the castle in the longest road, which is basically due west from west athens

help?

[i]But unfortunately I got suckered into playing on RK2 back in the early days of release. There was ofcourse, no one there. No groups, not even people trying to solo...

RK2 needs to be merged!!!!!! [/B]

Well, at least it's not perpetually filled with lvl 130+ people constantly clearing the dungeon so the levels it's actually made for (30-70 my ass) can't get any action. I've organised 4 trips to the dungeon and each time, these high level groups are in there, we try and fight by there side but of course we get no XP and no looting rights (I want the gamma ejector). I'm assuming they are going for the scope the boss drops. They need to put some kinda level cap on the dungeon.

Yes, I agree. I am hoping to get a few teams with our guild to get that scope for an agent in the clan, as well as a gamma for a fixer.

I went there around lvl 45, died fast in a flash. We had a lvl 75-80 team, and a ~50 one. The 50 one decided to head another direction (hmm, divide and conquer?) and we died of course. well, I did anyway. I can't take 3 fire dmg hits at once for over 300
    anyway, good luck to you fellas.