Thread: Getting close

Getting close

At level 76, I really enjoy seeing all the green and gray players with their Yalhamas.

I am getting close to a Yalhama purchase with 2.7 million credits. My questions is this:

My land speed is 640 in my car, will a ql 30 Yalhama be that much quicker. Should I buy the first one I can afford or save up to get a higher ql?

Run speed and plane speed are a bit different, you will go faster in a Yalh because it doesn't have to touch the ground. I went with a cheaper ql41. Up to you really, less you wanna pay 8mil+ for the higher ql ones.

just buy the first one you can afford...you won't be dissapointed.

I heard from some friends that any QL yalm add 1400 to runspeed, which is why everyone goes for the cheap ones, the high end ones dont add anymore except higher requirements in V. air.

Thanks guys. Have 3 mil now, just a matter of hours.

At the moment, the best yamalha is the lowest quality one.

This is because the low quality ones are cheaper, and have lower air vehicle requirements. As mentioned above, they all fly at exactly the same speed.

It is theoretically possible that one day, Funcom might make higher quality yamalhas faster. On the other hand, this might be 6 months or a year from now, by which time you'll have plenty of money and 5 million one way or another would make no difference to you.

Higher QL yalms does fly faster, but not that much.

A low QL is good enough, but if you have the skills to use a higher one, it will fly faster. However, the cost in credits and skills are not justified by the bonus.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

and be damn sure that a GM watches u buy it or something. After two days of having my bought ql 30 yalm, POOF. Funcom won't give me another, and I'm pissed. after 120+ hours to get enough money who wouldn't be?

how are all you guys getting enough credits to work up to this?

i used to go to avalon and get three missions at a time for old athen or broken shores to get three for borealis...

but since lvl 50 i don't see any by those combinations.

does it change after lvl 50?

what are some other strategies to rack up those credits?

thx,

router1215
    50 Soldier

Easy thing for me to do to rack up a lot of credits, is go slaughter animal type monsters that give monster parts. Then turn the monster parts into blood plasma and sell them for a lot of cash. If your big enough, slaughter shades and such in mutant domain southwest mine. They give monster parts a lot, and lvl 45 around so they sell for a lot, like 3k each. You can either raise your pharm tech skill to the required 130, or make good friends with a doc and have him do it for you.

QL 30 is sweet

I recently purchased a QL 30 Yalmaha for the tidy sum of 4.8 Million credits in Omni-1 Ent, near the Bronto Burger.

It has an Air Navigation requirement of 81, my base at the time was 36, so it cost me just over 4K IP to make it work. My brother plays a high level fixer, and he loaned me the last 3 Mill I needed to buy it (Thanks, bro!).

It is so incredibly nice, it's unbelievable. The weird thing is that a friend of mine bought a QL 30 a few days later (Rome Blue General Store) for the same price, same reqs, and his Air Nav is the same as mine, but he can consistently out-distance me while flying together, so the speed difference may be due to something other than the QL of the planes... Run Speed maybe?

S.A.M.

thanks BrokenNut.

where is the Mine? what lvl are the monsters and what lvl were you to get the points?

All yalmahas flys just as fast, doesnt matter what your runskill says, when you are in a yalm you fly in 1400 speed, no matter waht ql or base runspeed you have.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: QL 30 is sweet

Originally posted by SecretAgentMan
    but he can consistently out-distance me while flying together, so the speed difference may be due to something other than the QL of the planes... Run Speed maybe?

S.A.M.
    Does he happen to have a smoother frame rate than you ?

Originally posted by Garzu
    All yalmahas flys just as fast, doesnt matter what your runskill says, when you are in a yalm you fly in 1400 speed, no matter waht ql or base runspeed you have.
    I am sorry but this is wrong. Flyspeed is dependant on your run speed and the higher QL the yalm is the more runspeed it adds to. If you don't believe me that runspeed affects flyspeed have a enemy guy cast a speed debuff on you in a PvP area then hop in your yalm and see how fast you go. I had about -600 runspeed and to say i was moving at a snails pace would be a accurate analogy.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club