Thread: A couple questions on Pistols and Shotguns....

A couple questions on Pistols and Shotguns....

I'm considering taking either pistol or shotgun.... on my new MP pistol is cheaper as far as IP goes, but shotgun I've heard better things about.

1)Are pistols still completely crappy? I've heard horrible things about them...

2) I'm concerned wether or not nice shotguns will be nerfed like the FA pistol. Is this a likely scenario?

3) Anyone know if a shotgun can be used with a shield?

Any opinions are appreciated
    Anatha - Egyptian Goddess of Love and War

Anatha - RK2 - Tank with a Pet

Megabio
    You can use a shield with 1h blunt weapons; though I doubt with pistols. If you want to use a gun, use a Vektor or S.A for the first 100 or so levels and then switch to an Ith if you are interested in the high crits.
    ~Chris

Re: A couple questions on Pistols and Shotguns....

Originally posted by Anatha
    I'm considering taking either pistol or shotgun.... on my new MP pistol is cheaper as far as IP goes, but shotgun I've heard better things about.

1)Are pistols still completely crappy? I've heard horrible things about them...

2) I'm concerned wether or not nice shotguns will be nerfed like the FA pistol. Is this a likely scenario?

3) Anyone know if a shotgun can be used with a shield?

Any opinions are appreciated
    1) Yes, most pistols are, PNG have a nice crit tho.

2) I doubt they will get nerfed that hard, but you almost need a crit buff for them to be useful, and crit buff will maybe change

3) can't use shotgun with a shield, can't use one range and 1 melee item at same time.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

You cant use a ranged and a melee item together?

I have never tried to, but now i will.

In the hands of anybody with dark blue skills even the biggest guns are crap without critbuffs.

Against any high level mob you need crits, either naturally or with the help of crit buffs. Without a crit your barely going to scratch the mob enough for it to worry it.

Alot of complaints about shotguns are through PvP because most players AMS is far higher than their DMS, coupled with crit buffs results in ALOT of crits. Traders are especially feared due to the fact that with deprive/ransacks they can push their AMS well over 1000, resulting in alot of crits, a crit buff on them just makes them even bigger killing machines.

This is true of ANY weapon a trader desides to use.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1